Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items For New House (Beds, Laminate Flooring, Floor Tiles, General Furniture)

• 08-12-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Curious where people think are the best to go to for the following:

- Beds
    - Laminate Flooring
    - Kitchen/Hallway tiles
    - General furniture

I know the obvious is probably Ikea and Adverts/Done Deal. I was hoping there might be some good places for bargains. I'd be looking for this stuff in late January and early February.

Comments

Where are you based?

Alot of people on Bargain Alerts swear by Big Mickey, yes that's his name!!, for beds and furniture. I didn't think he was great at all and found better quality and prices locally.

If you buy a few things in the one shop be prepared to haggle price but be also prepared to walk if they don't do a good deal. There's plenty of furniture places so do your homework both in shops and online. Present prices to other shops to haggle prices.

Another tip...when buying floor tiles DONT buy the grout or adhesive in the same place....they are way way cheaper in local hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

TheTorment wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Alot of people on Bargain Alerts swear by Big Mickey, yes that's his name!!, for beds and furniture. I didn't think he was great at all and found better quality and prices locally.

If you buy a few things in the one shop be prepared to haggle price but be also prepared to walk if they don't do a good deal. There's plenty of furniture places so do your homework both in shops and online. Present prices to other shops to haggle prices.

Another tip...when buying floor tiles DONT buy the grout or adhesive in the same place....they are way way cheaper in local hardware.

The house is in Royal Canal Park, Ashtown.

I guess this is me trying to do my homework haha New to purchasing this type of stuff as I've always rented.

We all had to start somewhere!!
    We bought in 2013 and only bought the last of the main items of furniture recently. We went with the mantra of buying quality which was not cheap but that will last rather than just buying to "fill the space".

Perhaps people can recommend places around Ashtown for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Thread bump. Coming close to January and hoping someone might have some suggestions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

cronos wrote: »
    Thread bump. Coming close to January and hoping someone might have some suggestions. :)

i was in the same boat as you this time last year, to be honest i didn't find any crazy bargains in the sales.

* i found donedeal pretty good
    * i got my household appliances from powercity, they gave a 6% discount on the bulk buy, use pricespy before going out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement