Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Free FileSnyc Software to Anonymous FTP

Options
  • 08-12-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

not sure section for this or if will make sense but anways...

I'm on Eircom Fibre broadband with the F2000 Modem.
    I have an external HardDrive plugged into the USB port on this modem.

THe modem allows you to share this then via Samba or FTP...Samba share was working so then was running auto sync from my C: drive on laptop to this external over the Eir WIFI network..(freefilesync software)
    (so i have backup of movies...photo's...files etc on external)

The samba share stopped working month or 2 back...presumably due to Windows 10 update AARRGGHhHH so auto Sync failing.
    been troubleshooting to no avail...

So the FTP share on the Modem will work can connect from PC. But syncbackfree the only free software cud find for ftp and doesn't handle anonymous FTP...so then creates the files under a user which don't want...just want straight open copy... :mad:

so looking for free sync software that will handle anonymous FTP (or another suggestion)...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Mount the FTP as a mapped drive in windows
    2. Run Synctoy to that drive

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

cheers I had tried that, the ftp location it says can't access when try to add it as mapped network drive :
    ftp://192.168.1.254/etc..

It needs to be shared so set the folder as shared with external plugged into PC..not sure if stills will be shared when plugged back into modem

It will let you add as Network Location but can't see that folder that appears under any of the sync programs..

Advertisement