Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standalone broadband

Options
  • 09-12-2016 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up for standalone fibre Broadband today. I was told it would take a week to have somebody call and connect it which is OK.

The part I don't understand though is the rep told me my first bill would be the 10th of January, 4 weeks from now but I haven't even been connected yet? So I've to pay even though I can't use it yet? I would have thought my billing period would start from the moment of connection?

I was also told that my first direct debit would be dearer and i would be charged for 6 weeks
    usage? Which would be €75 instead of the contract of €50 a month. How can this be?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

risteard7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up for standalone fibre Broadband today. I was told it would take a week to have somebody call and connect it which is OK.

The part I don't understand though is the rep told me my first bill would be the 10th of January, 4 weeks from now but I haven't even been connected yet? So I've to pay even though I can't use it yet? I would have thought my billing period would start from the moment of connection?

I was also told that my first direct debit would be  dearer and i would be charged for 6 weeks
    usage? Which would be €75 instead of the contract of €50 a month. How can this be?

Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]risteard7,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A bill will not be issued until your service goes active, once it is installed you will be billed from this date. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Part period charges may apply to your first eir bill. Part Period charges are charges for the service from the date of connection up until the Rental Date on your bill (all bills are charged one month in advance). You can read more on this here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]A bill will not be issued until your service goes active, once it is installed you will be billed from this date. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Part period charges may apply to your first eir bill. Part Period charges are charges for the service from the date of connection up until the Rental Date on your bill (all bills are charged one month in advance). You can read more on this here.[/font]

Thank you, that covers everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

risteard7 wrote: »

Thank you, that covers everything
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]risteard7,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do let me know if you have any further queries.[/font]

Advertisement