Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home security system

Options
  • 09-12-2016 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all, I am thinking of putting in an alarm in my home. I want something that will alert my mobile phone if activated. I want something that i dont have high yearly payments after it is installed. I really know nothing about alarms so maybe someone could give me an idea of where to begin. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you looking for wired or wireless?

For wired or part wired Siemens SPC4320
    For Fully wireless GSD

Both of these systems give you self monitoring without the need for any annual or monthly subscriptions.
    The apps are free also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think it's more a case of is your house wired for an alarm or not? If it's wired go for wired, else it seems that you must get a wireless one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wired is preferable if its wired, but cab be messy if the property is not wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Will the GSD system cost anything or is it free, just a matter of downloading an app and working away?

Obviously the system itself costs money to buy and install.But there is no running costs associated with the app or its usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

How much approx to supply and install?

That would depend on the size of the property etc.
    We can't go into pricing here. Your best bet is to get a few quotes from licenced installers in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you looking for wired or wireless?

For wired or part wired Siemens SPC4320
    For Fully wireless GSD

Both of these systems give you self monitoring without the need for any annual or monthly subscriptions.
    The apps are free also.
    thanks for the help koolkid, our house isnt wired for an alarm. I must try and get one installed in the new year.

Wireless GSD would be a good option here IMO.
    If you need anything else come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Id also have a look at the HKC system.
    For wirefree id advise the quatum 70 as it comes in kit form.
    You can also add more sensors to suit your needs.
    You can also have app control of the system which costs €5 per month.
    kelslat wrote: »
    Hi all, I am thinking of putting in an alarm in my home. I want something that will alert my mobile phone if activated. I want something that i dont have high yearly payments after it is installed. I really know nothing about alarms so maybe someone could give me an idea of where to begin. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement