Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 09-12-2016 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is eir sport supported by Apple TV or chrome cast?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Shauna90 wrote: »

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Shauna90 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Shauna90,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid not. eir Sport can be watched on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android and iOS users. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Sport can also be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Windows and Mac computers[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jdk01

It's a shame that EIR are restricting market competition for streaming devices by not allowing the Apple TV to be used.

Even SKY allow their new NOW TV service to display sports via Apple TV.

Surely, there can be no reason why an entire family have to struggle to watch EIR sports on an iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi jdk01,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. However, I will relay your feedback onto the relevant department. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi jdk01,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. However, I will relay your feedback onto the relevant department. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Thank you. I am sure that many thousands of Apple TV users appreciate your genuine desire to help and for the relevant department to make a positive customer-centric decision by delivering this functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

No problem. I'm sorry to could not offer you any better news in relation to this today. However, I can assure you it has been passed onto the relevant department.

Have nice day:)

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi eir ,

How can I receive confirmation of a cancelled upgrade to my account ?

I have cancelled an upgrade to my existing account on Tuesday . I upgraded to the eir FMS 4g broadband and received a SIM card on the 4th of July. I received the hauwae modem on Tuesday the 11th.
    Unfortunately on activating on Tuesday I was only able to receive 3G. The average speed I was getting was 3MB. This was a lot worse than my existing landline broadband and far less than the offer from sales . They said my area was very strong and promised a minimum of 20 MB speeds and a maximum of 30 . As I have 4g Vodafone I accepted the sales pitch .
    On Tuesday I called cancellations and cancelled . I have recorded this call but however nothing has happened .
    Eir were to send a "jiffy"bag and an address to return the modem and SIM. The upgrade was to cancel and I was to return to my existing broadband .
    I have a feeling as I always do with eir that I will be receiving 2 broadband bills because this is what eir do .
    If I send on my account or broadband details will you confirm for me by pm that may upgrade to eir FMS 4 g is cancelled .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi homewardbound11,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will follow this up for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

No problem. I'm sorry to could not offer you any better news in relation to this today. However, I can assure you it has been passed onto the relevant department.

Have nice day:)

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Hi Leanne, it's been a couple of months. Any news? Perhaps your team could offer a yes or no? Thank you.

Hi Anna,

I have replied twice to the eir pm and including yours today.
    After reading through the eir forum here I am bracing myself for the "eir experience " .

I will be recording my calls with eir as I fear my cooling off period will be ignored .

To confirm I have cancelled the service for 4g broadband on the 11th of July at7.30. This is well within the cooling off period as the speeds obtained were 3gvand not 4 g. This recording is noted on your system.

Unfortunately I have been told on the 13th and 14th of July that the account will not be cancelled until I return the modem and sim in the "jiffy" bag that eir were to send out .
    I have been waiting now for 4 days and still no Jiffy bag .
    Can I please have my recording from the 11th of July so I can at least use this as proof in case this matter develops further .

I apologies in advance for being sceptical but from what I have read already , I am expecting the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Anna,

I have replied twice to the eir pm and including yours today.
    After reading through the eir forum here I am bracing myself for the "eir experience " .

I will be recording my calls with eir as I fear my cooling off period will be ignored .

To confirm I have cancelled the service for 4g broadband on the 11th of July at7.30. This is well within the cooling off period as the speeds obtained were 3gvand not 4 g.  This recording is noted on your system.

Unfortunately I have been told on the 13th and 14th of July that the account will not be cancelled until I return the modem and sim in the "jiffy" bag that eir were to send out .
    I have been waiting now for 4 days and still no Jiffy bag .
    Can I please have my recording from the 11th of July so I can at least use this as proof in case this matter develops further .

I apologies in advance for being sceptical but from what I have read already , I am expecting the worst.
    I'm very sorry you feel this way. 

I have updated you through PM's as I have been advised by the agent who was dealing with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Well Anna( and adam ) who has also received my pm's today also .
    Today after all of my contacts and calls with eir, I received a bill for the 4g fms service and also a next months bill.
    As I have cancelled within the cooling off period on the 11th of July at 7.30 you have broken your agreement . The call is recorded by both you and I also have it recorded. I will be in touch with comreg in the morning as you as accompany are beyond ridiculous .
    My ref number is 08834370877.

I have left an message in eir adam with my mobile number and to contact me immeaditly .
    I expect a reply as eir have flounded with no ethical representation and clearly their is no regulatory in this country that have ears to this .
    I will indeed test this tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Well Anna( and adam ) who has also received my pm's today also .
    Today after all of my contacts and calls with eir, I received a bill for the 4g fms service and also a next months bill.
    As I have cancelled within the cooling off period on the 11th of July at 7.30 you have broken your agreement . The call is recorded by both you and I also have it recorded.  I will be in touch with comreg in the morning as you as accompany are beyond ridiculous .
    My ref number is 08834370877.

I have left an message in eir adam with my mobile number and to contact me immeaditly .
    I expect a reply as eir have flounded with no ethical representation and clearly their is no regulatory in this country that have ears to this .
    I will indeed test this tomorrow .
    Hi,

I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Advertisement