Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coils burning out too quickly

Options
  • 09-12-2016 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi, I’ve an Istick mega with a Melo III tank. I got Arkansas 80/20 vg/pg juice the other day and a pack of coils from a vaping shop. Eleaf is the brand and the guy said they were suitable.

I’m vaping at 40W. But the coils seem to be burning out extremely quickly, I’m talking 4 in 24 hours!!!  Am I doing something wrong here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Menoetius wrote: »
    Hi, I’ve an Istick mega with a Melo III tank. I got Arkansas 80/20 vg/pg juice the other day and a pack of coils from a vaping shop. Eleaf is the brand and the guy said they were suitable.

I’m vaping at 40W. But the coils seem to be burning out extremely quickly, I’m talking 4 in 24 hours!!! Am I doing something wrong here?

The coils should be EC for the Melo 3,what ohms is your coils..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

4 in 24 hours is alarming. However, some of that Arkansas juice appears to be high in sugar or sumfin. I do not get long life out of my coils with their flan and donut. Maybe a week of intermittent vaping - about half as much life as I usually get. I have to vape it at lower temps/wattage, whether TC or up to .6ohms wattage. Still worth it since it is so cheap. Just ordered unicorn cake, so we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Reindeer wrote: »
    4 in 24 hours is alarming. However, some of that Arkansas juice appears to be high in sugar or sumfin. I do not get long life out of my coils with their flan and donut. Maybe a week of intermittent vaping - about half as much life as I usually get. I have to vape it at lower temps/wattage, whether TC or up to .6ohms wattage. Still worth it since it is so cheap. Just ordered unicorn cake, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm using 6mg Unicorn Cake,I found it a bit weak on the nicotine,so I added 2.5ml of nic to about a 100ml of it & it gave me a much better throat hit & the taste is not too shabby as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Are you sure it's burning the coils and it's not dry hits you are getting ?

Reason I ask this is because I know 3 other friends using Melo 3 minis and all 3 complain of dry hits . but one of the guys has worked out that if you take your time and break them in slowly that they come good and he then gets about a week out of them .

I use the RBA coil for my Melo 3 mini and I'm drawing to a close on week 7 ! , and it's still going strong . Now it's only using a clear menthol liquid but I would use a fair bit when I'm out and about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I'm using 6mg Unicorn Cake,I found it a bit weak on the nicotine,so I added 2.5ml of nic to about a 100ml of it & it gave me a much better throat hit & the taste is not too shabby as well.

I'm a nic pansy nowadays, and am trying to quite entirely since I can feel it in my bones if I vape too much. I got the 1.5mg Unicorn Cake. ;)
    Also, that Arkansas juice usually is better after I let it steep sitting on my AGA top for up to a week. It's usually 35-40* up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

jonski wrote: »
    Are you sure it's burning the coils and it's not dry hits you are getting ?

Reason I ask this is because I know 3 other friends using Melo 3 minis and all 3 complain of dry hits . but one of the guys has worked out that if you take your time and break them in slowly that they come good and he then gets about a week out of them .

I use the RBA coil for my Melo 3 mini and I'm drawing to a close on week 7 ! , and it's still going strong . Now it's only using a clear menthol liquid but I would use a fair bit when I'm out and about .
    Ooh, perhaps that's it. will give it a go. using 0.5 coils and unicorn cake, which is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Menoetius wrote:
    Ooh, perhaps that's it. will give it a go. using 0.5 coils and unicorn cake, which is lovely!

I'm not trying to be smart here but do you know the difference between a dry hit and a burnt hit ? I ask because two of the lads didn't, they thought they were getting burnt hits but it was actually dry hits .

How to tell the difference ? Burnt hits are awful and have a taste of burn ........ Dry hits are ........ A hundred times worse and don't taste of burn......or maybe they do, you won't know because your taste buds will be dead for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

thanks for the clarification, in that case it was definately burnt hits

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Stick a needle in the coil where the cotton holes are to make a small pin sized hole in each. I use those coils sometimes, I find it allows the juice to flow better as the cotton can be too tightly packed.

Make sure to soak the cotton with juice and allow it to sit for 5/10mins before vaping with it. This is something you should do with all coils.

Under no circumstances should you be going through 4 coils in a day.

Advertisement