Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vomitting Dog

• 09-12-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

If you dog is vomitting, what do you do? How long do you give to see if it settles before you go to a vet?

BTW: The answers have no bearing on what we have done, but I'm wondering what other people do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I normally leave it well overnight as such if they started that evening.. Or if there is any blood I would take them in straight away..

Like this one time :) well there was a boil water notice and I just did not think (as we had a filter on the tap) that it would effect us with the filter but sure it did and the dog got sick from it, same with after a bone sometimes she would get sick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Personally unless they were extremely lethargic and have bad Diarrhoea as well, i would probably wait until the next day before bringing them. Or if they were vomitting that morn and still doing it that night i would bring them to the vet as dehydration can be quite serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

If you dog is vomitting, what do you do? How long do you give to see if it settles before you go to a vet?

BTW: The answers have no bearing on what we have done, but I'm wondering what other people do?

Give him only water and maybe a small bit of dry chicken breast for a day or so, he might have a small stomach bug, if he's constantly getting sick I'd bring him the vets after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It depends for me - if they're throwing up something that didn't agree with them eg Bailey eating seaweed :rolleyes: I usually wait until it's all up. If it's random and I think they're sick I'd wait and see how they got on - maybe skip a meal and feed small amounts often and watch them closely. We're lucky enough that our vets would be open until 7:30pm during the week and its open at the weekend too so we can take a wait and see approach and if we think they're getting worse take them straight over.

Bailey can resource guard his puke and eat it again which complicates things. We had to induce vomiting twice where it was just a cycle of him puking, eating and puking again and just easier and safer to bring it all up and be done with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement