If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Bronze

Options
  • 09-12-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Guys,

I'm slowly upgrading my system and basically Im looking for  good all rounders(stereo and 5.1) that aren't going to break the bank for my front speakers.
    I have a Yamaha RXV 379 I got from you guys, and a couple of Monitor Audio MR1's Im going to use for rears. I have a Gale 30 series sub and an entry level Pioneer centre.

Just wondering if you have any open box/refurbished Monitor Audio Bronze Bx2 or similar. Thought something might appear around Black Friday, but alas no :(
    Alternatively, would you recommend the Wharfedale Diamond 220's? I'd kinda like to stick with Monitor though.
    Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

I'm slowly upgrading my system and basically Im looking for  good all rounders(stereo and 5.1) that aren't going to break the bank for my front speakers.
    I have a Yamaha RXV 379 I got from you guys, and a couple of Monitor Audio MR1's Im going to use for rears. I have a Gale 30 series sub and an entry level Pioneer centre.

Just wondering if you have any open box/refurbished Monitor Audio Bronze Bx2 or similar. Thought something might appear around Black Friday, but alas no :(
    Alternatively, would you recommend the Wharfedale Diamond 220's? I'd kinda like to stick with Monitor though.
    Thanks in advance,

John
    Johnny,

thanks for the post and I agree you should try to keep with MA the whole way around - I dont have any BX left at all - they have been finished for a good few years now but I could do you a Boardie deal on a new pair of MR2 for your fronts:
     http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200804-mr2-black.aspx

Some places in Dublin are still advertising the MR2 at €300 - we are currently at €199 but I can do you a Boardie deal at just €179 delivered and we have lots of stock available in either Black or Walnut?

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33 johnnyboy29

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

John
    Johnny,

thanks for the post and I agree you should try to keep with MA the whole way around - I dont have any BX left at all - they have been finished for a good few years now but I could do you a Boardie deal on a new pair of MR2 for your fronts:

Some places in Dublin are still advertising the MR2 at €300 - we are currently at €199 but I can do you a Boardie deal at just €179 delivered and we have lots of stock available in either Black or Walnut?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the quick reply John,
    How do the Mr2's compare to the BX2's? Is there much difference in the sound? Also, what about the Wharfedale 220's? How would they fit in / compare?
    Cheers,
    John

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

John
    Johnny,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    How do the Mr2's compare to the BX2's? Is there much difference in the sound? Also, what about the Wharfedale 220's? How would they fit in / compare?
    Cheers,
    John
    The MR series is based on the original BX so they are the natural fit for you and for a relative budget speaker they sound really excellent - Likewise the Diamond 220 are really superb and also great value, however if you are looking to build on a Monitor Audio 5.1 package I would stick to the same brand so you don't have an issue with different voicing across your 5.1 system - however we have lots of Diamond 22's available so if you would prefer to go for them just drop me a line..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

John
    Johnny,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers,
    John
    The MR series is based on the original BX so they are the natural fit for you and for a relative budget speaker they sound really excellent - Likewise the Diamond 220 are really superb and also great value, however if you are looking to build on a Monitor Audio 5.1 package I would stick to the same brand so you don't have an issue with different voicing across your 5.1 system - however we have lots of Diamond 22's available so if you would prefer to go for them just drop me a line..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Superfi have the same speakers coming in at €165(£139) including delivery. Can you match or beat that?

John

Happy to match £139 / €165 no problem :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Cool,cheers! I'll go with the walnut ones so :)

Cool,cheers! I'll go with the walnut ones so :)
    Johnnyboy29,

thanks for that - mucho appreciated :)

Just drop me your contact details when you are ready and we will get those out to you sharpish :),

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Just drop me your contact details when you are ready and we will get those out to you sharpish ,

Details pm'd guys, give me a call when you get a chance.

John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: John
    Just drop me your contact details when you are ready and we will get those out to you sharpish ,

Details pm'd guys, give me a call when you get a chance.

John
    Hey Johnnyboy29.

If you can drop me the Pm also as John is in and out of the office this week.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.