Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant cancel a standing order in BOI 365 Online

Options
  • 09-12-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to cancel a standing order but am unable to do it online.  I am working away from home and won't be able to visit my own bank in person to cancel it before the next payment is due.  Can I do this online or by visiting another BOI branch in person?

Advice appreciated.

JP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

IRCA wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to cancel a standing order but am unable to do it online.  I am working away from home and won't be able to visit my own bank in person to cancel it before the next payment is due.  Can I do this online or by visiting another BOI branch in person?

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

See here for information on how to delete a Standing order on Banking 365 Online.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Hi,

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

See here for information on how to delete a Standing order on Banking 365 Online.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

I've tried this already but when I click on the standing order nothing happens - no dialogs open and I can cancel it - again any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks

JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

I've tried this already but when I click on the standing order nothing happens - no dialogs open and I can cancel it - again any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks

JP
    Hi IRCA, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you’re still having difficulties cancelling your standing order.

Please can you let me know what happens when you click on the radio button to the left of the standing order and then click the cancel option? Alternatively, to cancel your standing order you can complete and return the form on our website here 

Please note that it's not possible to cancel a standing order going to a Bank of Ireland loan. 

Thanks
    Nicola 

Hi,

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

Thanks

JP
    Hi IRCA, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you’re still having difficulties cancelling your standing order.

Please can you let me know what happens when you click on the radio button to the left of the standing order and then click the cancel option? Alternatively, to cancel your standing order you can complete and return the form on our website here 

Please note that it's not possible to cancel a standing order going to a Bank of Ireland loan. 

Thanks
    Nicola 
    Ah that explains it - it is a loan that has now been cleared.  can you confirm that once the loan has been closed out the SO will cancel automatically?

Thanks

JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

Thanks

JP

Thanks
    Nicola 
    Ah that explains it - it is a loan that has now been cleared.  can you confirm that once the loan has been closed out the SO will cancel automatically?

Thanks

JP
    Hi JP,

Yes the standing order to your loan will no longer be paid and will be cancelled once you have cleared your loan in full. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi,

Advice appreciated.

JP
    H JP,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi,

Thanks

JP

Thanks
    Nicola 

Thanks

JP
    Hi JP,

Yes the standing order to your loan will no longer be paid and will be cancelled once you have cleared your loan in full. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah

Much appreciated!

JP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Make sure that the standing order has an expiry date. If it doesn't, it will keep taking payments

Advertisement