Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA in Computer Science and Mathematical Physics/Maynooth University (Info please)

Options
  • 09-12-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I got a place on the BA MH101 in Maynooth which I deferred for one year. I am not looking forward to start my course next academic year 2017/2018.
    My main interest is Computer Science but I am also interested in Mathematical Physics maybe as a double honour or a minor.
    I would like to know if someone took this path I am considering taking and how was it for you?
    Even if you just studied one of these two could you please give me some information? Any kind of information will be happilly accepted.
    I am a foreign student so forgive me for my english but I am trying my best :P
    Also, how is the life in the university dormitories?
    Have you ever went for that year abroad to get the BA International? How was it?
    Thank you very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I was on this path about 20 years ago so things may have changed, but at the time you started with four subjects and dropped one each year so in the last year you only had one subject. You could however combine Mathematical Physics with Computer Science as a double honours degree, to do this you had to achieve honours mark in your 2nd year exams and then maintain that. So keeping Maths Physics as a minor through to the end wasn't an option.

Advertisement