Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floppy Disc seek failure.

Options
  • 09-12-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi, I have a problem with my computer, in that every time I start up I get a message on screen that I have (Floppy Disc seek failure and I must strike F1 key if I want to continue ), and as there is no facility for a floppy disc in this computer I understand it's a setting that needs to be put right. Ideally ( as I'm not very good on computer jargon ) I would need to get step by step advice on how to sort it, Anybody out there willing to have a go ??, I'd really appreciate it . Thanks in anticipation. Sime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

What make/model computer is it? Normally it's just a simple fix - disable the floppy drive in the BIOS.

You should see something like "Press F2 for Setup" when you start the computer. Press this to enter the BIOS and look for anything to do with floppy drives. There should be an option to disable it. Then press F10 (or whatever key combination to save and exit). The system should reboot and be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

the machine in question must be stone age to have floppy disk attached.Simple solution if theres floppy disk drive attached just disconnect it problem solved.

otherwise need to go in bios f1-boot seetings and change boot order to hdd first and whatever way you like - bios would have instructions on right side what keys to press to navigate etc and f10 and save settings.

since seems boot priority is setup for floppy drive and most likely its dead thus the error message before it can skip to other drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

As suggested above.

Disable floppy read in Bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

FanadMan wrote: »
    What make/model computer is it? Normally it's just a simple fix - disable the floppy drive in the BIOS.

You should see something like "Press F2 for Setup" when you start the computer. Press this to enter the BIOS and look for anything to do with floppy drives. There should be an option to disable it. Then press F10 (or whatever key combination to save and exit). The system should reboot and be fixed.

Thanks FanadMan, I followed your instruction , and it's 100%sorted, Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Thanks everybody for your help. all sorted, Brilliant Cheers,

• Advertisement
Advertisement