Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continental middle distance race

Options
  • 09-12-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm potentially looking at doing middle distance race somewhere on the continent. Preferably one serviced by SMTB.

So, rate or slate any race you've done.

Route, accessibility, location, organisation.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Its first year but I am trying to see if I can swing it through a work gig

Lisbon is class, plenty of flights, SMTB is doing it and very reasonable on the pocket - One of the clients is set up in the area where transition is, cascais is a beautiful spot!

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/cascais.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Cheers John, Lisbon is certainly on the list alright. Only negative is that it's very early in the year, but Defo a possibility.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Ehhh did they move the date - it was early september from memory - are you mixing it up with the challenge one in may :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Have done Mallorca 70.3 twice - location is superb and serviced by SMTB. Might be a bit early for you though. Alcudia is cheap as chips to get to and accommodation is cheap too if you do a bit of homework.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Zell am Zee, I've heard is a nice spot for a race...and mid August so you've got the summer to train for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I've never done a half distance race on the continent, but having being to Mallorca three times for the full, I can second what EC1000 says about Mallorca. Hire a car and the trip doesn't need to be just about the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Are you bringing the little fella?
    I've done Mallorca in the past and got in a family Hol. Short flight and only an hr from airport.
    Nice area and kids love it. Nice beach and local water park etc.
    Only thing is I'd say def sold out by unless you go nirvana which could work expensive if you want to get somewhere to suit family etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Immenstad thttp://www.allgaeu-triathlon.de/home/ if one likes kenmare one would like this one. though honest course. The best finish line food I have ever had. and east to get from Munich ( 1 change from airport and 35 euro for the family if you buy a Bayern ticket )ps one can also fly to memmingen and its 25 k from there and i guess taxi would be the easiest .its at the very edge of the alps and you could even do an wind tunnel test as immenstad has a wind tunnel that's quite frequently used by triathletes.
    Zell am see is not bad but I guess I would prefer challenge walchensee.
    There is also an half in Vienna on the Donau insel I guess the most central half in Europe I guess for all you need transport your bike but easy to reach
    The one in Vienna is I think in may. Immenstad July and walchensee in august
    BTH wrote: »
    I'm potentially looking at doing middle distance race somewhere on the continent. Preferably one serviced by SMTB.

So, rate or slate any race you've done.

Route, accessibility, location, organisation.....

Advertisement