Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoreditch or covent garden

Options
  • 09-12-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Going to London early in the new year and trying to decide where to stay. My wife and I usually stay in around covent garden as it has good pubs like the Craft Beer Co and has plenty of restaurants and nightlife in general. A few people have said shoreditch is worth staying though so just thought I'd see what people thought and if they had any preference for one or the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Shoreditch is a bit further out from the areas you'd likely be wanting to go to I'd say. I also get more of a young hip vibe off it so probably depends on your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd visit Shoreditch (it's good for the occasional night out - uber cool people can be irksome in too high a dose!), not sure I'd stay there. Is there even much in the way of accommodation there?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks for the replies, there are a couple of hotels and it does seem to be full of hipsters so might give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Hi,I might hijack this thread if you don't mind,I haven't been to London in years,i'll be there for one night in a few weeks.What bars/clubs are open late and busy on Sunday nights?,seems closing is early in a lot of bars on Sunday.I'm staying in Kings Cross so I'm pretty central,any recommendations would be welcome,I'm early 30s if that helps.Thanks.

Advertisement