Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackson Browne | 4 Nights In Vicar Street | June '17

Options
  • 09-12-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else going? Jackson Browne has been on my "See before one of us dies" list!

I'm over the moon! :D

Comments

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is anyone else going? Jackson Browne has been on my "See before one of us dies" list!

I'm over the moon! :D

Wouldn't have known only for your post, Mars Bar....please don't be sold out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

stankratz wrote: »
    Wouldn't have known only for your post, Mars Bar....please don't be sold out!!

Tickets are on sale on Monday but pre-sale is today. I got a ticket for the third row and centre of the tables for the Thursday so it's not sold out. The pre-sale code is WHICHSIDE.

Tickets are on sale on Monday but pre-sale is today. I got a ticket for the third row and centre of the tables for the Thursday so it's not sold out. The pre-sale code is WHICHSIDE.

Thanks very much Mars, definitely going to try the pre-sale now.

Never thought I'd get the chance to see him at this stage, only got into him in the last 5 years and I thought my chance had passed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thanks Mars Bar!!! For both the thread (I hadn't known he was due here) and the pre-sale code!! Tickets booked!!!!!

I'm a massive fan. Seen him several times before. Very happy to see him again :)

Thanks very much Mars, definitely going to try the pre-sale now.

Never thought I'd get the chance to see him at this stage, only got into him in the last 5 years and I thought my chance had passed.

Similar time span to you. Never thought I'd get to see him either as he seemed content doing American shows. I'm SO excited!
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Thanks Mars Bar!!! For both the thread (I hadn't known he was due here) and the pre-sale code!! Tickets booked!!!!!

I'm a massive fan. Seen him several times before. Very happy to see him again :)

Merry Christmas! :D

• Advertisement

Yep, amazing stuff Mars Bar and thanks once again!

Just got a pair of front and centre tickets for Monday night in the pre-sale. Jackson Browne on Monday, Hans Zimmer on Tuesday, I can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Thank you Mars Bar -I wouldn't have known had it not been for this thread.
    May all your wishes come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I got two tickets in one of the side blocks. I wish I had read this thread beforehand. Where was the pre-sale? On ticketmaster? I'd love a front and middle table!!

But I'm delighted to be seeing him either way. I've become a big fan in recent years but I have never seen him perform. What a great songwriter and proper legend.

Bump :)

Was a long time waiting, but the time has finally come.

Hope everybody enjoys their show(s) this week!!

I can't wait for Thursday!!

If anyone can tell me what time ye got out of Vicar Street that would be great.

• Advertisement

Think it was about 11:10pm tonight.

That was simply one of the best gigs I've been to - and I only knew about 5 songs in the set. He was awesome, his band were too, the whole thing was some package for a 50 quid ticket.

Currently looking for tickets now for Thursday or Friday night, I just have to go again.

He came on at 8.40 and finished about 11.10. There was a 15 minute interval.

Best of luck getting tickets, Stan. Enjoy Hans tonight .

Best of luck getting tickets, Stan. Enjoy Hans tonight .

Thanks quickbeam. Hans was amazing last year, he'll be great tonight, but I really would like to be going to Jackson again tonight :pac:

For anyone looking for tonight, there are JB tickets popping up on Toutless for face value, singles and pairs. Some for Thursday and Friday as well.

Man sitting beside me at gig tonight got his ticket an hour before the show- we were in the front row right beside the stage.

Brilliant gig, the set list was cast aside for the most part and it really was a case of, personal requests from the audience.

If you get a chance to see him, go!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

What a privilege to have been there last night. I haven't enjoyed a gig that much for a very long time. I'd urge anyone to try and get a ticket for the remaining shows.

:D:D Ye're killing me here!

Also, how was parking around Vicar Street for those of ye that drove?

Never had a problem parking - I usually go for John St or Augstine St opposite. But then, I do get there early, maybe if I was a bit later, I'd have more of a problem.

You'll love it Mars Bar. Not long to wait now :)

Never had a problem parking - I usually go for John St or Augstine St opposite. But then, I do get there early, maybe if I was a bit later, I'd have more of a problem.

You'll love it Mars Bar. Not long to wait now :)

Great! I'm going in early as I'm meeting a friend for dinner. Would I get parking around 5pm or will I be dealing with ****ty traffic? I'll be coming in from North Circular Road.

I've warned the parents that I may not be home on Friday evening as I might go again on Friday night if I can get a ticket and drive back to Galway afterwards.

Great! I'm going in early as I'm meeting a friend for dinner. Would I get parking around 5pm or will I be dealing with ****ty traffic? I'll be coming in from North Circular Road.

I've warned the parents that I may not be home on Friday evening as I might go again on Friday night if I can get a ticket and drive back to Galway afterwards.

I'd say you'll be grand at that time .

• Advertisement

If quickbeam's parking suggestions don't work out, the 24 hour multi-story behind Jury's Christchurch always have spaces in the evening and is only a 10 minute walk from Vicar Street. €10 evening rate from 6pm to midnight. I find it handy for Vicar Street and the Olympia.

As for the rest of the gigs, I think word is spreading of the quality of these shows as second-hand tickets for Thursday and Friday are very scarce at the moment. The JB thread on Toutless has almost gone off the front page of the forum by now.

Did you get a ticket for later in the week, Stan?

If quickbeam's parking suggestions don't work out, the 24 hour multi-story behind Jury's Christchurch always have spaces in the evening and is only a 10 minute walk from Vicar Street. €10 evening rate from 6pm to midnight. I find it handy for Vicar Street and the Olympia.

As for the rest of the gigs, I think word is spreading of the quality of these shows as second-hand tickets for Thursday and Friday are very scarce at the moment. The JB thread on Toutless has almost gone off the front page of the forum by now.

Great! I was thinking of the Tivoli Theatre Car Park but this seems to be much better value!

Did you get a ticket for later in the week, Stan?

I sourced a pair for tonight on Toutless yesterday, but I got a call to cover a job for a friend tonight before the Toutless seller got back to me. I took the job for tonight, I'll hopefully be putting the cash into someones hands for tickets tomorrow night! Thanks for asking.
    Great! I was thinking of the Tivoli Theatre Car Park but this seems to be much better value!

Once you enter after 6pm and exit before midnight, it's all included in the €10, great value indeed. Just when you get back after the show tonight and see the shutters down, don't panic, they're automatic and will come up once you put your paid ticket in the machine at the barrier on the way out.

Enjoy the show all you going tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One of the old Lisdoonvarna festival regulars I remember.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I sourced a pair for tonight on Toutless yesterday, but I got a call to cover a job for a friend tonight before the Toutless seller got back to me. I took the job for tonight, I'll hopefully be putting the cash into someones hands for tickets tomorrow night! Thanks for asking.

Once you enter after 6pm and exit before midnight, it's all included in the €10, great value indeed. Just when you get back after the show tonight and see the shutters down, don't panic, they're automatic and will come up once you put your paid ticket in the machine at the barrier on the way out.

Enjoy the show all you going tonight.

On the Web site it says 6pm to 9am is €10 so I don't think I have to worry about getting there by midnight. I know I'll be collecting the car before that as I won't be hanging around. A lone female wandering the streets of Dublin at that time? Mo thanks!

On the Web site it says 6pm to 9am is €10 so I don't think I have to worry about getting there by midnight. I know I'll be collecting the car before that as I won't be hanging around. A lone female wandering the streets of Dublin at that time? Mo thanks!

Hmm...6am makes sense. I thought I read midnight on the sign on the way in, but we went to get some food after the gig and it was about 12.30am when we got back to the car and it was still only €10.

As for being on your own - On the way back from Vicar Street to Christchurch and city centre, there is always a good flow of people walking from a gig once it ends and you shouldn't feel too exposed on your route to the car park. It was like this on Monday night, and any other gig I can think of in recent memory that I've been to in Vicar Street. Take care anyway!

I parked at Red Cow LUAS and walked from Heuston to and from Vicar street ( all on my own!) and nobody ran away with me!
    Just have a blast and enjoy :)

It was amazing! Didn't play my favorite song but what harm. I was too much of a wimp to shout it out. He sounds so good! I had an excellent view which is great for a short arse like me. You can tell they just love vicar Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement