Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM didn't despence money

• 09-12-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I withdrew money from an AIB ATM and the money was debited from my account but it didn't despence any money instead I got there was a fault and returned my card.I was using a skrill card and emailed them but is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it doesn't return automatically (which it often will do, when the machine balances itself at the end of the day), then Skrill will have to launch an query to have it investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

BuffyBot wrote: »
    If it doesn't return automatically (which it often will do, when the machine balances itself at the end of the day), then Skrill will have to launch an query to have it investigated.

Will the money show up in my account tomorrow or do I have to wait the usual 3-5 business days.
    I was up at the ATM again and it was still giving problems there were getting the error message to other users but they didnt know if the money they eventually got out and the error transactions debited there account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The ATM will normally correct overnight, but it may not show in your Skrill account for days, depending on when they update balances etc: so yes, you may have to wait a few days to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Chances are it will take a few days. The ATM belongs to AIB, they cannot fix the problem themselves, all they Can do is inform Skrill that the transaction did not actually go through. Skrill will then have to refund the money to your account.

Thanks for the replys This is the reply I got from them.

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

The following payment with your Skrill card has been successfully authorised:

2016/12/09 14:38:35 ATM AUTHORIZED 50.000000 EUR

However, we have yet to receive the financial settlement for it. This explains why you can’t see it in your Skrill transaction history. If the funds were not dispensed on the ATM and we do not receive a confirmation for it, we will automatically return the money back to your balance within 15 days after the date you initiated the payment.

In case that the funds are not reversed within the above mentioned time-frame, please contact us again.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replys This is the reply I got from them.

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

The following payment with your Skrill card has been successfully authorised:

2016/12/09 14:38:35 ATM AUTHORIZED 50.000000 EUR

However, we have yet to receive the financial settlement for it. This explains why you can’t see it in your Skrill transaction history. If the funds were not dispensed on the ATM and we do not receive a confirmation for it, we will automatically return the money back to your balance within 15 days after the date you initiated the payment.

In case that the funds are not reversed within the above mentioned time-frame, please contact us again.

Just an update. No cash back to my account yet, but the balance still says it wasn't taken out. 15 days will be Saturday

Advertisement