Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

04 scenic 1.5dci oil dipstick

• 09-12-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Struggling to find right size for this. A few say 59cm an more say 54.3 cm(overall lenght) I know its only 5cm or so but its kina the most important 5cm to me!! Anyone know bout this,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you looking for a replacement stick?
    Can you not just measure the current one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 i... Motnad

Jus bought car an one that's in is 60cm an told by seller(fair
    play to him) it was out of another car so jus want to get oil level right from start as I change oil an filter

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

Go to a scrapyard and get one out of an identical car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Right, I see.

The easiest way is probably to ring the service department at a dealer and ask.
    Failing that go to some local breaker and check if they have that model, then go out and measure their stick (and maybe buy it for a fiver).

Thanks lads prob best way to do it. It jus a run around but want to keep it as right as I can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 billmunny

I bought one from the motor factors recently for a 2005 REN Megane1.5dci...might be similar to yours.
    It comes straight but will bend into shape of tube when in engine.
    I took the measurements so that the next time it breaks I will buy a flexible metal one.
    measurements are:-
    Total length that goes down the dipstick tube 52.3 cms ( not including dipstick handle...only the length that goes down the tube)

Length to max mark on dipstick 48 cms. ( length in tube )
    Length to min mark on ditstick 50.8 cms. ( length in tube)

I can see the oil level electronically when starting the engine. "Oil level okay" is displayed on starting and just at this instant press the speedo reset key and it shows six boxes on the dash and each box is full if level is okay.

I drew a rough diaghram of the new dipstick at the time ....i can scan it and attach if you want.

Thanks billmunny for the info, as it turned out went to scrap yard but too many different lengths of stick to take a chance! so reluctantly went to main Renault dealer an ordered one, they didn't know size either, e35 inc vat. Same size measures as you gave me, got home, tryed it an as it turns out the 'upper mark' is the same on them all!! Expensive lesson for a foot of plastic but happier knowing the level is right. Oh an yea, the one that was in it originally is a bit stronger an fits better so after all that that's the fluckin one I'm usein

Advertisement