Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert tickets

Options
  • 09-12-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I want to purchase tickets for a concert event in the next ten days but I'm worried about buying them,all the tickets have the same name but the guy who's selling them I know that's not his name there hardback tickets with everything on them so is there a place I can ring and check please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You cannot really tell until you are refused. I have rang ticketmaster before about ones I suspected were dodgy, they were PDF printout ones, I pushed and pushed them for an answer and they finally only would say there were no other enquiries about them.

The scam is that a person can buy them online, have them delivered, sell them on to you, THEN report they never arrived in the post, ring ticketmaster and get them cancelled.

So you turn up and the bouncer scans them and they are verified as cancelled/stolen and you are turned away. The scammer turns up and gets new ones at the box office. It does not matter who turns up first.

If you buy on toutless you can at least look at the sellers previous buyers, if they have any. Many people will by going to the gigs themselves. I have sold tickets and told people I will gladly accompany them into the gig to verify they are legit.

Advertisement