Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back from America - insurance

Options
  • 09-12-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

My cousin and her Husband are coming back to live in Ireland after 40 odd years. They have American driving licences wanted to buy a car as soon as they get here but can’t get a quote from any company for insurance.

I phoned around the usual companies they were very polite but said no way. They want 2 to 3 years residence etc.

They have a house in rural Galway so a car is vital.

Any advice on brokers / companies would be welcome.

nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try more companies.

Go through the entire list here

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

The whole point of Boards threads on practical matters such as say insurance is to enable people who have had relevant experience to advise others that ask for advice.

One of the joys of Board is that it is likely that amongst the thousands of users there is somebody that has faced a problem or question similar to mine and if feeling kind might point me in the right direction.

Terse responses from moderators are hardly in that spirit. As a moderator surely you are aware of the adage if you have nothing useful to post post nothing.

Of course I am aware of the list you put up at the head of this forum it is a very helpful list but if your data base or experience enables you to point me at an insurance company or broker that might take my cousins business it would be really cool if you told me who.

If you are unable or unwilling how about we leave it up to see if others might.

nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Try liberty. I seen someone on this a few months said they came back from 5 years in the US and Liberty accepted their US no claims bonus. AFAIK they said they were the only one who would

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

My thanks newacc2015. I phoned Liberty and yes they will give her a quote.

She and her husband asked me to pass on their gratitude.
    Its actions like yours that are the positive side of the internet and Boards.

nick

Advertisement