Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

quickbeam wrote: »
    Arrrraghh. I think this reindeer thing is a distraction, and not really that important until it comes up.

I'm still for Andy. And I think it's suspicious that he has offered no defence whatsoever in any of his 8 posts to date. In fact, it was him who brought up the reindeer thing, looking for us to reveal if we were assigned a reindeer role - trying to muddy the waters there I think.

I'm also suspicious of anybody trying to veer us away from him without good reason. The Molly accusation has some merit, but I think the case for Andy is far, far stronger, and there's no guarantee that one of the evils will do away with him for us.

It is possible that Andy isn't offering a defence because he feels that's more like the behaviour of an evil. The opposite could also be the case regarding Molly. She justifies herself strongly out of fear of her evil self being revealed.

In other words I haven't a notion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Possible, Persepoly. And I don't want to bring up past games (but I will anyway :pac) but look at Mahama's reaction when accused last game, and she was an innocent. Putting up a defence is no guarantee of guilt, but staying quiet on the subject, even trying to distract away from it, is suspicious to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm still for Andy. And I think it's suspicious that he has offered no defence whatsoever in any of his 8 posts to date. In fact, it was him who brought up the reindeer thing, looking for us to reveal if we were assigned a reindeer role - trying to muddy the waters there I think.

I'm also suspicious of anybody trying to veer us away from him without good reason. The Molly accusation has some merit, but I think the case for Andy is far, far stronger, and there's no guarantee that one of the evils will do away with him for us.

I agree that Andy is a model for an alpha pick although I wouldn't have picked him for exactly the same reason. So much so that the other wolf team/SK will most likely target him. So maybe there is a strong case that leaving him to the wolves :pac: might do the job but as you say, there is no guarantee. The only guarantee is for us to do it ourselves. I still think it's a bit random but not as random as previous games. If we make a balls of it we've lost a good villager (who would probably be taken out at some point anyway). So, while I've no real reason to suspect Andy, I think the logic behind his selection is sound. As ever, I'll make my final decision much closer to the deadline.

I'm not convinced on the case against Molly - at least not yet. She responded to a question about the Alpha picks and responded mentioning the Alphas. For now that seems reasonable enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I wouldn't have spotted the Molly thing at all myself. It flew right over my head, but now that it's been pointed out I sort of see it. Wouldn't say I'm convinced by any stretch. I still think Andy has to be priority.

Nopeare wrote: »
    Honestly I'm a normal Vanillager again (no one will believe as everyone will claim) but even in the sign up to this game I said I was away the weekend at Leinster and Northampton Friday night then Wasps and Connacht yesterday. I read some last night and this morning on the way to work. Then posted as quick as I could before the munch so I couldn't be pulled on not getting it in beforehand.

If I'm a suspect Lynch me night one as it is a mess usually anyway. Plus I believe the bullet and peek are more important to the village

Cool fair enough, my post about the lynch,peek shoot thing was mainly in jest as we should be keeping the bullets

• Advertisement

Exactly Crosstown! His own team obviously won't kill him. If we're relying on the other team to do it, then we could be wasting our time - they're not on our side. If I was a wolf (and I was once in game 3), I'd be role hunting in my munches, not looking for other evils - that'd come later. If we have a wolf, and I think there's a very good chance that we do, then past experience shows that it's a bad idea to leave them alive.

We all know Andy is stratgeically one of if not the strongest player so his reindeer thing is suss as I cant see anyway it would help the village now Im willing to stand corrected but seem like a wild goose hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Do we get a list of who voted for who?

If so if everyone is so intent on Andy shoot him as otherwise we learn nothing from a vote tonight everyone will hide behind Tigger told me to.
    If we get the list after I would want a secret vote night one with an explanation after, it's a lot harder to hide if that's the case. Most likely 2 of the wolves from 2 teams would go on one person, just to make sure one of their own isn't likely to be Lynched.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Uriel. wrote: »
    lol, just noticed yosser has Pawwed down as "pig" in his table?

a freudien slip by the big bad wolf? :P:D

People always have trouble with my name on here. It is hardly uncommon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This is gas craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

We all know Andy is stratgeically one of if not the strongest player so his reindeer thing is suss as I cant see anyway it would help the village now Im willing to stand corrected but seem like a wild goose hunt

i'd be more likely to go for andy based on this. because everyone says they would pick andy as a wolf , is the reason i would discount him as being a wolf pick

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    This is gas craic!

That's wolfy talk, your making me nervous it's very uncharacteristic for you to be alive this long or have this many posts...Completely different to how you've played previous games lynch him :eek: (joke)

i'd be more likely to go for andy based on this. because everyone says they would pick andy as a wolf , is the reason i would discount him as being a wolf pick

or maybe the alphas knew people would think this, and then pick him

Exactly Crosstown! His own team obviously won't kill him. If we're relying on the other team to do it, then we could be wasting our time - they're not on our side. If I was a wolf (and I was once in game 3), I'd be role hunting in my munches, not looking for other evils - that'd come later. If we have a wolf, and I think there's a very good chance that we do, then past experience shows that it's a bad idea to leave them alive.

Makes sense. It's like a penalty decision in rugby - do we kick for the corner or do we take the 3 points..........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's wolfy talk, your making me nervous it's very uncharacteristic for you to be alive this long or have this many posts...Completely different to how you've played previous games lynch him :eek: (joke)

I think I was gone before the game started last time!! I'm not a wolf... that's exactly what a wolf would say though, isn't it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

well if a NRV wants to come forward, on their reindeer day. we lynchy them, loose a villager to prevent 2/3 kills depending on the day. net win for the village.

would be better for a 3 kill night for a NRV to come forward on their reindeer day.

I dont think thats how this mechanic works. Basically to use this effectively you'd need to be lynching wolves on their reindeer days and never lynch villagers on thier day. It is useful though if we know these for villagers. From the op:
    The Reindeer
    9 lucky players will be given the role of a Reindeer. This is a secondary role and can be held by anyone who is already a wolf, a SK, a power villager or just a normal villager. Each lynch will be named after one of the Reindeer and if the village lynch the person who's Reindeer name tallies with that day then one of two things will happen...
    If they lynch a villager then all the PV's will lose their power for 1 turn.
    If they lynch an Evil then all the Evils will lose their power for 1 turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I wouldn't have spotted the Molly thing at all myself. It flew right over my head, but now that it's been pointed out I sort of see it. Wouldn't say I'm convinced by any stretch. I still think Andy has to be priority.

What is happening with boards today? That's twice my post has disappeared when I went to post it.

Basically there is no Molly thing. I'm a bloody villager who's trying to defend herself. I said I was glad I wasn't the alpha coz I genuinely am. Being evil is too stressful. I was glad that I could have a normal level of crippling paranoia this game round!

Fcuking reindeer powerplay starting to emerge :(

Shush Crosstown. Don't mention the "P" word!!! :P

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    What is happening with boards today? That's twice my post has disappeared when I went to post it.

Basically there is no Molly thing. I'm a bloody villager who's trying to defend herself. I said I was glad I wasn't the alpha coz I genuinely am. Being evil is too stressful. I was glad that I could have a normal level of crippling paranoia this game round!

Yeah but you must see where he was coming from. He's trying to Tigger and Tigger taught us that people who are unusually fixated on a role are likely to have that role. He literally caught you a couple of games ago for that reason :D But as I said, I'm unconvinced and think we have bigger fish to fry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod clarifications
    MODS

Just a clarification Priest will see the exact role of the players.

I.e wolf, alpha, Seer and drunk seer?

There will be a post in the priest forum giving the exact role of the players - eg scrooge / marv / buddy / john mclean / villager etc etc etc
    O and also the reindeer roles?
    Yeah, I'm not clear on this. OP says they lose their powers, but I'm not sure what powers the evils even have, except for their Alpha to appear as good to seer checks. Seems like another rule that's benefiting the evils. Would be good for a mod to confirm what exactly would happen if an evil gets lynched on their reindeer day - do they lose their kills?

Reindeer roles become important if the reindeer whos day it is is lynched on that day. For example, today is the day of the Dasher. If I were a wolf AND Dasher and I was lynched today, my team would lose their munch that night. If I were a villager AND a reindeer, none of the roled villagers would learn anything/they would have no powers.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Reindeer roles become important if the reindeer whos day it is is lynched on that day. For example, today is the day of the Dasher. If I were a wolf AND Dasher and I was lynched today, my team would lose their munch that night. If I were a villager AND a wolf, none of the roled villagers would learn anything/they would have no powers.

You can be a villager AND a wolf!? What sort of abomination is this? COWER IN FEAR! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Tigger wrote: »
    first
    second
    Third
    CDaly
    TheDazzler
    Shatterproof

Non posters so far doesnt mean much of anything but just for records sake. Shatter might just be playing it super safe :D

Last.

Only woke up to this this afternoon. Got a lot of reading to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mod clarifications
    Reindeer roles become important if the reindeer whos day it is is lynched on that day. For example, today is the day of the Dasher. If I were a wolf AND Dasher and I was lynched today, my team would lose their munch that night. If I were a villager AND a wolf, none of the roled villagers would learn anything/they would have no powers.

So, if wolf Dasher is lynched, only one wolf team loses their munch and the other wolf team still has a munch?

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Last.

Only woke up to this this afternoon. Got a lot of reading to do...

Have you read much of the thread so far?

good afternoon by d by

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Last.

Welcome Chuck Daly! Not quite last. Dazz is still to post.

its coming up on evening time now, so the game will really accelerate up until lynch.

i'm voting for who i want, can give reasons before or after. what are everyone else's preferences for the vote?

I think after otherwise it's too easy for wolves to jump on the bandwagon and say we were going with the consensus. Which is part of my reasoning behind shooting Andy if everyone is convinced on him as otherwise everyone can claim Tigger told me to

I think after otherwise it's too easy for wolves to jump on the bandwagon and say we were going with the consensus. Which is part of my reasoning behind shooting Andy if everyone is convinced on him as otherwise everyone can claim Tigger told me to

fair enough. i will cast my vote and give my reasons after lynch result

• Advertisement

its coming up on evening time now, so the game will really accelerate up until lynch.

i'm voting for who i want, can give reasons before or after. what are everyone else's preferences for the vote?

I think that's the best strategy. With declaration being afterwards forcing everyone to commit without following the crowd

Advertisement