Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Hang on here. How do you know Tigger was a wolf? Did someone say he was? Or do you know coz he was a teammate?

ohh interesting. what say you maximus?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

andy125 wrote: »
    Why would you rather them with you when you know they are high lynch targets seer targets and munch targets, your talking a bad game here and your better than that

And yet you'd have picked Tigger for your team?? No player at higher risk of being a munch target???

Player wolf pick 1 wolf pick 2 wolf pick 3 wolf pick 4 random additional nomination
    Andy Tigger Cdaly Barney Kersplat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hang on here. How do you know Tigger was a wolf? Did someone say he was? Or do you know coz he was a teammate?

I've been consistent from the start that I thought Tigger was a wolf, he was on my list of 4. Same reason I'm convinced Andy is one, I don't believe for a second that one of the teams wouldn't have picked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ok... i have been trying to keep track of developments for the last couple of hours. I'm at work (snuck to toilet) during stock take so not to available for a while.

My initial thoughts today were to leave andy fo the wolves to munch. Quickbeam's comments on being suspicious of anyone who didn't vote andy or tried to suggest someone else smacked of vote manipulation to me and really had him at the forefront for wolf candidate.

The way i saw it,
    1) he's a wolf on the other team trying to get 2 munches

2) a wolf on the same team trying to get villager points by being at the fore of the andy lynch.

My thoughts on it. Andy is a good player and can talk to the backroom. I agree he is 90% a wolf after his priest claim, mainly because there is history here and it's to early to pick an apprentice. But he us a good player and a danger to the other teams. He will be eaten in spite of QB saying he won't. Remember while he is alive he can talk in the backroom. Let the other teams take him out, it makes no sense for them to let him live.

I will be voting QB tonight as of now, will give the thread a proper read on my lunch but unless i see something to change my mind there... QB is a wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

No. He's basically just admitted guilt. The village consensus is that one of the the wolf packs will have picked Andy.

Picks happened before role distribution (from the OP):

"These team mates will be chosen before the rest of the roles are distributed."

Ergo, if we think he would have been picked as a wolf, then he can't have been assigned a role. This claim changes nothing and it a transparent last ditch effort to sow confusion.

Not so. Andy could have been 1 of 4 picks (by each Alpha wolf).
    2 of each Alpha's 4 picks is chosen and the other 2 were returned to the pool of players.
    After both Alphas' picks are done, the other roles are assigned.

So, if Andy was a pick for one Alpha but was not chosen, they could still get another role later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

quickbeam wrote: »
    And yet you'd have picked Tigger for your team?? No player at higher risk of being a munch target???

Player wolf pick 1 wolf pick 2 wolf pick 3 wolf pick 4 random additional nomination
    Andy Tigger Cdaly Barney Kersplat

ok are you not going to look back at what i posted when i made my list?

I'd be suspicious of anybody who wouldn't vote for Andy, because it seems very obvious to me that he's a wolf. Anybody defending Andy is very likely to be a teammate trying to save him. Nothing to do with vote manipulation at all.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    2 of each Alpha's 4 picks is chosen and the other 2 were returned to the pool of players.

So, if Andy was a pick for one Alpha but was not chosen, they could still get another role later on.

You know what... You're absolutely right. That never even occurred to me.

ok not lynching Andy if you think he is a high % chance of a wolf is a mistake, the other wolf team are happy to role hunt the villagers or his other team mates they'd leave him till last as we as a villager would have to kill him eventually

Nopeare wrote: »
    Would you usually not try and drop a hint and get some help on your side first before going nuclear in the hope wolves would miss it?

The only thing I would say is tigger if a wolf could of tried setting up a rolled villager.(unfortunately the thought crossed my mind). I also called for you to be shot instead of a runaway lynch if that was going to be the other option, and if that's the case why not try at least 1 defence post instead of going straight to outing yourself?

i did drop a hint, i said i think tigger was a wolf after he was killed what more could i say ?

• Advertisement

ok are you not going to look back at what i posted when i made my list?

I admit I hadn't. Here it is below. It doesn't change anything. You said that it'd be madness to pick somebody who's a high munch risk, yet you did the same anyway. It's a risk some people have figured it's worth taking to have a valuable and experienced player on your team. And Tigger was a FAR higher risk of munch than you were.
    If i was the alpha my 4 picks would be people that are less likely to be seer checked soon into the game or people that arent high lynch risks,

I would make one exception to that rule and that would be for tigger, i would rather him on my team and he die the first or second round and find us the other teams wolfs while he is alive then have him as a villager even for one night naming 1 or more of my team

So my 4 would be

Tigger
    Cdaly
    barney
    Kersplat

You know what... You're absolutely right. That never even occurred to me.

It's true. Andy MIGHT not have been picked by an Alpha at all. Or if he was picked MIGHT not have made it through out of the four picked. I think it's that he spent all day ignoring the accusation; then tried to distract us with reindeer; and now has come out as Priest in a very similar manner to how he role claimed when in danger before that make it more likely that he was picked and was chosen.

Why didnt you ask him how he knows Andy is a wolf :D

Its alright molly just confirmed she and andy are on the same team so its all good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

ok not lynching Andy if you think he is a high % chance of a wolf is a mistake, the other wolf team are happy to role hunt the villagers or his other team mates they'd leave him till last as we as a villager would have to kill him eventually

That's a fair point if it was me, mick but the chances of andy spotting another wolf or Hans is much more likely than the chance of me spotting one is a lot less likely than Andy based on passed passed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Do we know how triggs died ?

Do we know how triggs died ?

I believe he ate the salmon moose..

I admit I hadn't. Here it is below. It doesn't change anything. You said that it'd be madness to pick somebody who's a high munch risk, yet you did the same anyway. It's a risk some people have figured it's worth taking to have a valuable and experienced player on your team. And Tigger was a FAR higher risk of munch than you were.

I dont have the skills to spot a wolf like tigger that is the only reason to have him on your team so he doesn't take it apart how can you not see that?

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's a fair point if it was me, mick but the chances of andy spotting another wolf or Hans is much more likely than the chance of me spotting one is a lot less likely than Andy based on passed passed games.

If I was on a bad team that wasnt Andys I'd be happy to leave him alive,also his naming of the Alpha was an after thought probably prompted to him in his wolf chat

Happy in the sense I know the village would have to kill him so why waste a munch

• Advertisement

I dont have the skills to spot a wolf like tigger that is the only reason to have him on your team so he doesn't take it apart how can you not see that?

And that's perfectly legitimate thinking. You, and lots of others in our straw-poll, thought it worth the risk of munching to have an experienced player on their team. No complaints there.

Which is why it's also legitimate thinking for your Alpha to chose you for their team.

Tigger was scrooge and i know tigger wouldn't be dumb enough to pick me no matter his "pick list"

So who do we think tigger would have really picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I believe he ate the salmon moose..

Good guess but I didn't believe you ,
    Jayop wrote: »
    Tigger was slaughtered. Jayop is in bed sick so that's all you're getting

Why was there only one munch this morning , was that part of the plan or was munch #2 protected ?

Tigger was scrooge and i know tigger wouldn't be dumb enough to pick me no matter his "pick list"

its also very reasonable to presume that the 2 alphas would post a bull**** list, in case they were ever discovered.

Why was there only one munch this morning , was that part of the plan or was munch #2 protected ?

Sorry monthy python joke only one munch to start the 2 wolf teams had a competition to see who got it

only 1 munch to get the game rolling.

cdaly_ wrote: »

Ok I'm having a crisis now and starting to falter... :D Any avid gamblers out there who can do the odds on this?

What are the chances for:

1 wolf team picks Andy but doesn't get him, then Andy gets assigned a villager role?

2 wolf teams pick Andy and neither get him, then he gets assigned a villager role?

I'm convinced that at least one wolf team will have gone for him, but the above opens a possibility that I'm not comfortable with.

And that's perfectly legitimate thinking. You, and lots of others in our straw-poll, thought it worth the risk of munching to have an experienced player on their team. No complaints there.

Which is why it's also legitimate thinking for your Alpha to chose you for their team.

No its not, experience is useless if is gone in a day or 2, the aim of the game from the wolves is to have as many left at the end, shooting themselves in the foot by picking me is crazy

Tigger could pick 2 wolves if not more before he is killed i cant do that

That's if we believe you really are the Priest and that Tigger was Scrooge.

• Advertisement

Ok I'm having a crisis now and starting to falter... :D Any avid gamblers out there who can do the odds on this?

What are the chances for:

1 wolf team picks Andy but doesn't get him, then Andy gets assigned a villager role?

2 wolf teams pick Andy and neither get him, then he gets assigned a villager role?

I'm convinced that at least one wolf team will have gone for him, but the above opens a possibility that I'm not comfortable with.

Mahama is usually good with that sort of thing :)

Advertisement