Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Morning all

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The ones that went to defend himself? Did I miss that!?

I'll quote it later. Pain to do so on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cant remember if I answered this, but we had trits evidence was pretty good as it was in a similar vein to what caught her out before. She is a bit different this game now I know she is busy but even when she posted she didnt defend herself like normal. So maybe was told in a backroom not to engage. Then this post in reply to you.

She didnt ask you how you knew both were a wolf just Trigger so its deflection from Andy if she didnt know both roles she'd call you out on both but she just choose Trigger

I already explained why I didn't ask about Andy as I'm sure he was a wolf. Tigger is the one that jumped out at me because I hadn't heard many people suggesting that he was wolf. I wasn't really satisfied with Max's reply to me bout that actually but I got distracted and forgot to come back to it. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, and for a change, I'll be flat out today and probably away from the computer for most of the day building a little fort out of packing crates. I'll be keeping an eye on things here as much as I can!

andy125 wrote: »
    Watch for the people who had no doubts in their mind i was a wolf, there you will find a wolf amongst the crowd

Best of luck and lets bring it home

This

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Jayop wrote: »
    You know what, I'll let Sully make the call on this. I never had a problem with looking at things like who's online and see it in the same category as looking at post counts. However it is something that's been frowned upon here by the players since the very start.

I don't have a problem with it either. The one thing I will say though is that just because someone shows up as online, or because someone shows up as never online, that means pretty much nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Also its worth looking at Andy's final post. He says to watch out for those who went to defend him. One final attempt at appearing innocent. Attempting to implicate the likes of me. I think our wolves are amongst the bandwagoners who voted Andy.

Off the fence and point some fingers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Also its worth looking at Andy's final post. He says to watch out for those who went to defend him. One final attempt at appearing innocent. Attempting to implicate the likes of me. I think our wolves are amongst the bandwagoners who voted Andy.

Actually that's not what he said
    andy125 wrote:
    Watch for the people who had no doubts in their mind i was a wolf, there you will find a wolf amongst the crowd

Andy is also too smart for that, he's a good player and him and his team will have spread themselves out across the voters for his lynch and those voting elsewhere.

That's him doing what he does best trying to cause confusion and division among the village.

Which could mean we were on the right track and he's trying to thow us off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Sh1t I included my own post in the quote brackets...mod ca I edit it for clarity?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This

I think Andy's comment was directed more towards me :rolleyes:

Though of course there was always doubt. In a normal game only the seer would have absolutely no doubt, but in this game, even if a seer peaked Andy, and saw him as evil, there'd still be doubt in case the seer was Bad Santa getting a wrong reading.

But while I didn't have "no doubt", I was pretty sure, as the evidence was very much stacked against him. But if he (or gufc, or others) uses that as evidence that I'm a wolf, then I fail to see their logic :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sup y'all

• Advertisement

andy125 wrote: »

Best of luck and lets bring it home

this was in reply to me when i asked andy if he had any final words.

i do think there will be wolves hiding amoungst the 10 votes andy. however, as that is 50% of the roster its not surprising so probably not a whole lot to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This

That's directed at people who said he was a wolf not defended him...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

quickbeam wrote: »
    But while I didn't have "no doubt", I was pretty sure, as the evidence was very much stacked against him. But if he (or gufc, or others) uses that as evidence that I'm a wolf, then I fail to see their logic :confused:

My logic for voting for you was that i felt you were trying to manipulate a vote by putting pressure on people to vote for Andy.

Tbh i was scanning at work yesterday and it wasn't until late that i got to read the posts properly. I couldn't spot anything else suspicious there so am happy to concede i may have been wrong. Im not as suspicious of you now, at least I'm not suspicious enough to advocate for your lynching tonight.

Not sure why people are putting me up their lists today. I never defended Andy yesterday, i was suggesting a different strategy. I didn't realise at that time that the alphas could talk to each other either, which does change things a little.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I already explained why I didn't ask about Andy as I'm sure he was a wolf. Tigger is the one that jumped out at me because I hadn't heard many people suggesting that he was wolf. I wasn't really satisfied with Max's reply to me bout that actually but I got distracted and forgot to come back to it. :rolleyes:

Well you have an opportunity to come back to him now, no distractions. Didn't see anything wrong with his reply myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

gufc21 wrote: »
    My logic for voting for you was that i felt you were trying to manipulate a vote by putting pressure on people to vote for Andy.

Tbh i was scanning at work yesterday and it wasn't until late that i got to read the posts properly. I couldn't spot anything else suspicious there so am happy to concede i may have been wrong. Im not as suspicious of you now, at least I'm not suspicious enough to advocate for your lynching tonight.

Not sure why people are putting me up their lists today. I never defended Andy yesterday, i was suggesting a different strategy. I didn't realise at that time that the alphas could talk to each other either, which does change things a little.

I have to be honest, I thought your choice of QB was really odd yesterday - and I didn't see much in your explanation, which made me very suspicious of you.

Andy has really caused all sorts of mess again, whichever side he was on. I really think we need to find away through the chatter and start looking closer at people's interaction with him and his interactions with them from the start. There might be some clues in that. The landslide vote in the lynch doesn't really help us either. As yosser said earlier half the players voted for him.

End of Turn 1 - Start of Turn 2.

Andy - 10 - Strawberry Milkshake, Quickbeam, Max, Dottie, A Neurotic, Micksjaguar, Barney, Persepoly, crosstownk, Molly
    Molly - 4 - Tritium, The Valeyard, Kersplat, Yosser,
    Barney - 2 - Shatterproof, Nopeare,
    Quickbeam - 1 - GUFC,
    Yosser - 1 - Pawwed Rig
    Nopeare - 1 - MrsFD
    GUFC - 1 - Uriel, Cdaly,
    Micksjaguar - 1 - Andy
    Did not vote - 2 - Partyjungle, The Dazzler

Andy was lynched.

Morning all.

Is there any advantage to looking at who voted in small numbers? Do we know everyone's reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Morning all.

Is there any advantage to looking at who voted in small numbers?

There probably isn't much advantage just yet. There is no doubt that some wolves are in the group that voted for Andy as there are others among the rest of the votes.

Any half decent wolf team would have spread their votes with a view to. At this stage, who voted for who doesn't mean an awful lot but could be of significance later is we have a pattern to analyse.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

1 Kersplat
    2 Molly
    3 Uriel
    4 Crosstownk
    5 Yosser
    6 Quickbeam
    7 MrsFlushdraw
    8 The_Valeyard
    9 dottie_lottie
    10 Maximus
    11 Tritium
    12 CDaly
    13 Nopeare
    14 TheDazzler
    15 Andy125 - Lynched night one
    16 GUFC
    17 The Legend that is Tigger! - Munched day one
    18 Persepoly
    19 Pawwed Rig
    20 Partyjungle
    21 Shatterproof
    22 Strawberry Milkshake
    23 Barney92
    24 MicksJaguar
    25 A Neurotic

As of now we have 23 players left of the 25.

Good Roles (6) - Mrs Claus (Elder) / John (detective) / Santa and bad Santa (seer) / Buddy and trainee (priest).

Bad Roles (9) - Hans / The Grinch, Marv, Harry and the Angry Elf / Scrooge, the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.

3 scenarios put forward
    Andy was a priest and tigger was an Alpha (forget which andy said)
    We have 5 good (22%), 8 bad (35%) and 10 villagers left (43%)

Both were wolves and we have a great start.
    6 good (26%), 7 bad (31%) and 10 villagers (43%)

Finally we are all horrible at the game (except evils) and have killed 2 of our more experienced normal villagers.
    6 good (26%), 9 bad (39%) and 8 villagers (35%)

Just to fill in the bit I seem to have left out.....
    crosstownk wrote: »

Any half decent wolf team would have spread their votes with a view to keeping the voting pattern looking random or at best, irregular.

• Advertisement

End of Turn 1 - Start of Turn 2.

Andy - 10 - Strawberry Milkshake, Quickbeam, Max, Dottie, A Neurotic, Micksjaguar, Barney, Persepoly, crosstownk, Molly
    Molly - 4 - Tritium, The Valeyard, Kersplat, Yosser,
    Barney - 2 - Shatterproof, Nopeare,
    Quickbeam - 1 - GUFC,
    Yosser - 1 - Pawwed Rig
    Nopeare - 1 - MrsFD
    GUFC - 1 - Uriel, Cdaly,
    Micksjaguar - 1 - Andy
    Did not vote - 2 - Partyjungle, The Dazzler

Andy was lynched.

If Andy and Molly end up on the same team I reckon one or both other wws would have voted her and not him

Uriel. wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I thought your choice of QB was really odd yesterday - and I didn't see much in your explanation, which made me very suspicious of you.

That's fair enough. But as Mick said yesterday, and i acknowledged, me being vocal for not voting for andy was putting me in line for today. If i were a wolf i wouldn't have gone QB as i was the only person who targetted him.

I think the people who didn't vote for andy, but gave little or no reason for their votes should be first questioned today.

O ya QB is a Girl/woman/female (whats politcally correct in this crazy PC world) GUFC :D

Ya for what its worth I think you were way off base yesterday but you sticking with it gives you a more villagery look to me anywyas

I think the people who didn't vote for andy, but gave little or no reason for their votes should be first questioned today.

I'd also like to hear these reasons.

O ya QB is a Girl/woman/female (whats politcally correct in this crazy PC world) GUFC :D

Ya for what its worth I think you were way off base yesterday but you sticking with it gives you a more villagery look to me anywyas

Can we use a royal him? Ha didn't realise, apologies qb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

That's fair enough. But as Mick said yesterday, and i acknowledged, me being vocal for not voting for andy was putting me in line for today. If i were a wolf i wouldn't have gone QB as i was the only person who targetted him.

and I agree with that, as Crosstown said the wolves are likely to have spread out in a mix of voting for Andy and for others. 10 votes on Andy is a lot to piece together. we might have more success in the short term looking at the other votes - but it is good to keep in mind the voting pattern for later in the game. I will put together a table after this morning's munch.
    As Mick said, looking at the Molly votes might be a good start, though we don't know if Molly is a wolf.
    Best to wait a few more minutes anyway and see if the wolf kills opens up any more lines of inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I have defended myself as much as I was able today.
    I'm moving office at the end of the week so we're in overdrive packing up all our crap. I'm in work till 7 possibly every day this week and have less time at my desk during the day for posting. If you would like to verify that you can check the Belfast City Council webpage where I'm sure that it's noted - huh, I just checked and apparently it's not. Even the council are against me ffs. :rolleyes:

Just on reading all Mollys stuff. she reminds me of how I have played in the past in other games when I have been accused of being a wolf when I was a villager. The detailed explanation of what I have been doing etc. It just looks villagery to me.
    1 more question, who are the 5 member reading the thread and are invisible ???

12 viewer ,( 10 member, 2 guests)...... shatter,y0ss,trit ,nopeare, & raw pig

are they wolves ????

On the other forum people used to PM before the backrooms were invented which meant if you showed online people could see what you were doing including sending a PM. Now in those games it was only the wolf team or the seer who could PM so if you caught someone PM'ing you had an idea of role.

In the rules it was put to set yourself invisible to avoid "angleshooting"
    I had set my profile that way at the beginning and I am one of the 5.
    Morning all.

Is there any advantage to looking at who voted in small numbers? Do we know everyone's reasons?
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd also like to hear these reasons.

I explained last night, got in late from ballet and there was a zillion pages to catch up on. I knew Andy was goosed but thought he would have got a bullet tbh. I didn't want to just mindlessly jump on the bandwagon and posted that I went for nopeare as they were on my original list of wolf picks.

Sorry for the late post. Public holiday here in Malta! got a much needed lie in woop woop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Mods can we close the game for a few hours so we can all catch up properly on yesterday lol. Just so much stuff to trawl through and no desire to go back through it! And have the weans off school today which makes it worse! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mods can we close the game for a few hours so we can all catch up properly on yesterday lol. Just so much stuff to trawl through and no desire to go back through it! And have the weans off school today which makes it worse! :pac:

Give them all 3 or 4 posters to look through for you with a detailed report on each and put your feet up

Advertisement