Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

Vale thats a truly awful song, you on my naughty suspect list now.. :D

Also how are you a wolf again its madness, 23 posts and its all filler

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm Spartacus. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So unless something drastic changes, I will stick with Nopeare

Nopeare was not on my radar at all tbh. Will have go look back on his (her) posts.

I'm Spartacus. :D

Whenever I see you posts all I hear is MAXIMUS MAXIMUS.

I like the nopeare angle I'll have to look back he fits the Barney bill who was the third highest vote for to be picked by alphas

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Right so, took a coffee break and went back to have quick a look just for you bbz xx <3

Low enough poster is Nopeare so could be construed as hiding, but the content is what I find highly suspicious. Tries to justify leaving wolves alive. And not because he doesn't think they're wolves, he does! Especially suspect is the Tigger bit. How could any villager want Tigger alive if they think he was a wolf? You'd be giving him time to sniff out village roles. Could be on Tigger's team?

Then he goes on to try and push us off the top picks from the crowd sourcing. It all just seems a bit odd to me.

My reasoning is if Tigger/Andy were on a team, they are a target for everyone not just the villagers. So I was trying to say let them live and hopefully the other wolf team / hans would take care of them for the same reason.

You have also conveniently left out my 2 posts from yesterday calling for Andy to be shot if it was going to be a landslide lynch as it was. As now we don't really have a lot from last nights Lynch as everyone can either claim Tigger told us or he was most suspicious. So if you're accusing me of trying to keep both alive that's probably a bit of a miss.

I went for Barney with the train of thought that if I was Alpha, I would of chosen a higher risk like Tigger/Andy and then the likes of Barney as he is a good player and flies in under the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nopeare wrote: »

You have also conveniently left out my 2 posts from yesterday calling for Andy to be shot

Could just mean you're a wolf on the non-Andy team?

Just sayin'. I'm not wholly convinced by Max's argument against you yet. Like Trit's argument against Molly, the best I can say for it is that "it has merit."

quickbeam wrote: »
    Could just mean you're a wolf on the non-Andy team?

Just sayin'. I'm not wholly convinced by Max's argument against you yet. Like Trit's argument against Molly, the best I can say for it is that "it has merit."

Any thoughts QB, on suspects or why Dottie and Yosser were killed I was convinced Dottie was a baddie :D

Anyone up for a low poster sweepstake?

Persepoly 6
    A Neurotic 6
    cdaly_ 5
    Barney92 4
    The_Dazzler 2

Race em all?

Nopeare twice mentioned shooting you and nobody jumped on his bandwaggon. What would make you think you were at risk of shooting?

I wish we had paid attention to Nopeare now though - sorry Nopeare!

Just here for you Max.

Would it not seem suspicious as you said that I'm a low poster yet you managed to miss both posts where I said to shoot Andy. Obviously I didn't have a lot to go back through how'd you miss them both and make it plural 'wolves' that I was defending?

Anyone up for a low poster sweepstake?

Persepoly 6
    A Neurotic 6
    cdaly_ 5
    Barney92 4
    The_Dazzler 2

Race em all?

I don't think so yet, even though I'm usually one who likes pushing this I think we need to focus on the more middle players we named as possible picks for the wolfy teams.

• Advertisement

My reasoning is if Tigger/Andy were on a team, they are a target for everyone not just the villagers. So I was trying to say let them live and hopefully the other wolf team / hans would take care of them for the same reason.

You have also conveniently left out my 2 posts from yesterday calling for Andy to be shot if it was going to be a landslide lynch as it was. As now we don't really have a lot from last nights Lynch as everyone can either claim Tigger told us or he was most suspicious. So if you're accusing me of trying to keep both alive that's probably a bit of a miss.

I went for Barney with the train of thought that if I was Alpha, I would of chosen a higher risk like Tigger/Andy and then the likes of Barney as he is a good player and flies in under the radar.

Look I think it was suspicious as I said and obviously you're going to have excuses but it looks to me like you were trying to buy Tigger time to sniff out our roled players. If you got one more day out of him it would be well in his ability to find the seer and bodyguard so it's nuts in my eyes for a villager to want to let him live.

If anything wanting to use the shots only add fuel to the fire. Wanting to waste bullets killing a player who was pretty much a shoo-in for the lynch would be a nice way to remove another potential threat to your team.

Anyway, I'm not going to spend the day crusading against you, just putting my thoughts out there as I think we all should be doing.

If anything wanting to use the shots only add fuel to the fire. Wanting to waste bullets killing a player who was pretty much a shoo-in for the lynch would be a nice way to remove another potential threat to your team.

I knew that would come back at me and is a valid counter argument. I completely understand it but what I was saying is we were wasting a night of voting patterns on a shoo-in as you said which could be as bad as a wasted bullet?

I don't think so yet, even though I'm usually one who likes pushing this I think we need to focus on the more middle players we named as possible picks for the wolfy teams.

Am like who?

Barney was voted third most likely picked by alphas aswell

Any thoughts QB, on suspects or why Dottie and Yosser were killed I was convinced Dottie was a baddie :D

Suspects - no, not really. I'm suspicious of everyone! Though some I'm more suspicious of some than others. I think if Andy was a wolf (and I think he was) then he'd have been clever enough not to have all his teammates trying to defend him. One of those all out against him is probably on his team. I know that puts me on the firing line, but there were too many all out to be sure which ones were doing a bluff against a teammate, and which ones just genuinely believe him to have been a wolf. Like I said, a few arguments people have put forward against Molly or Nopeare have merit, but it's too early for me to make a decision on them completely. I'd be interested to hear Trit's thoughts on Molly now that a day has passed since he first made his accusation. Though, that he voted for her last night probably means he hasn't changed his mind.

Regarding why the munches - without much conviction, I'd guess that Yoss was a wolf on Andy's team, and that's why he defended him (I'm about 50/50 on him being a goodie who had genuine belief that nobody would pick Andy for their team as he'd be too risky; or a baddie defending his teammate). If he was a wolf then it goes against my theory that wolves would role hunt during munches though, so that would be one argument against him having been a baddie, or against my theory. I know if I was a wolf (and when I WAS a wolf) that I did go after roled players, but if this game teaches us anything it's that different people have different strategies, so who knows. Dottie is harder to fathom. She didn't really rile anybody, or ruffle too many feathers during the game, that I remember, that might make the wolves run scared and kill her. So I guess hers was a role-hunting munch. I haven't gone through her posts yet, maybe there's hints there. Why did you think she was a baddie? I didn't get that vibe from her.

So yeah, thanks for asking the question. I was sitting here mulling over things, but actually having to answer your question and put in to words my thoughts on the events since the munch have helped a little. At least I know now what I'm confused about rather than having a vague feeling of bewilderment.

Suspects - no, not really. I'm suspicious of everyone! Though some I'm more suspicious of some than others. I think if Andy was a wolf (and I think he was) then he'd have been clever enough not to have all his teammates trying to defend him. One of those all out against him is probably on his team. I know that puts me on the firing line, but there were too many all out to be sure which ones were doing a bluff against a teammate, and which ones just genuinely believe him to have been a wolf. Like I said, a few arguments people have put forward against Molly or Nopeare have merit, but it's too early for me to make a decision on them completely. I'd be interested to hear Trit's thoughts on Molly now that a day has passed since he first made his accusation. Though, that he voted for her last night probably means he hasn't changed his mind.

Regarding why the munches - without much conviction, I'd guess that Yoss was a wolf on Andy's team, and that's why he defended him (I'm about 50/50 on him being a goodie who had genuine belief that nobody would pick Andy for their team as he'd be too risky; or a baddie defending his teammate). If he was a wolf then it goes against my theory that wolves would role hunt during munches though, so that would be one argument against him having been a baddie, or against my theory. I know if I was a wolf (and when I WAS a wolf) that I did go after roled players, but if this game teaches us anything it's that different people have different strategies, so who knows. Dottie is harder to fathom. She didn't really rile anybody, or ruffle too many feathers during the game, that I remember, that might make the wolves run scared and kill her. So I guess hers was a role-hunting munch. I haven't gone through her posts yet, maybe there's hints there. Why did you think she was a baddie? I didn't get that vibe from her.

So yeah, thanks for asking the question. I was sitting here mulling over things, but actually having to answer your question and put in to words my thoughts on the events since the munch have helped a little. At least I know now what I'm confused about rather than having a vague feeling of bewilderment.

Cheers for that, I'm not 100% sure why I thought she was a baddie just seemed she was trying to look more villagery in this game then in others, I was leaning towards her being bad I guess but with no proof.

Am like who?

Barney was voted third most likely picked by alphas aswell

And he had my vote last night for that reason. I didn't mean avoid your low posters list, but aim for the players that have experience of a few games that an experienced alpha might pick.

We have lost 2 more experienced players in Andy and Trigger, so I'd focus at some others for now, then if the likes of you is still alive in a day or two I'd question if you were on a wolf team as I'd assume bigger players would be targets if not a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Look I think it was suspicious as I said and obviously you're going to have excuses but it looks to me like you were trying to buy Tigger time to sniff out our roled players. If you got one more day out of him it would be well in his ability to find the seer and bodyguard so it's nuts in my eyes for a villager to want to let him live.

Anyway, I'm not going to spend the day crusading against you, just putting my thoughts out there as I think we all should be doing.

Suspicions definitely noted, I think there's a reasonable case for those, think I will add Nopeare to my list for investigation today. Not sold on it completely but well worth a look.

Player wolf pick 1 wolf pick 2 wolf pick 3 wolf pick 4 random additional nomination

Yoss Crosstownk the Valeyard TheDazzler Barney
    Tigger Crosstownk Andy Barney Quick
    Dottie Tigger Barney Andy Mrs FD

Our fallen comrades and the alpha picks some overlap and one team has had 2 munches

Cheers for that, I'm not 100% sure why I thought she was a baddie just seemed she was trying to look more villagery in this game then in others, I was leaning towards her being bad I guess but with no proof.

Just went through her posts. Nothing jumps out. She was very helpful - posting tables of votes, clarifying when Hans kills, etc. Villagery really, though I'm probably not clever enough to know if it's fake-villagery or real-villagery. Nothing that would jump out at me as a role. Maybe it was a shot at a dart-board from the wolf team in hitting a role??

Just went through her posts. Nothing jumps out. She was very helpful - posting tables of votes, clarifying when Hans kills, etc. Villagery really, though I'm probably not clever enough to know if it's fake-villagery or real-villagery. Nothing that would jump out at me as a role. Maybe it was a shot at a dart-board from the wolf team in hitting a role??

Ya my best guess was they thought she was the priest or the apprentice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Actually that's not what he said

Andy is also too smart for that, he's a good player and him and his team will have spread themselves out across the voters for his lynch and those voting elsewhere.

That's him doing what he does best trying to cause confusion and division among the village.

Which could mean we were on the right track and he's trying to thow us off

My best guess is posts like this got Dottie killed. Dottie showed in the halloween game that she was very good and havong a role and staying under the radar (even tigg struggled to spot her). Id guess when she popped up with something the wolves jumped on it

The yosser munch I can understand somewhat. He could have been seen as a wolf and targeted by the other team. I've had a fairly forensic look through dottie's posts and I agree, nothing stands out to me as being out of the ordinary. My head is melted - think I am getting WW fatigue at this stage.

You need a role to spice things up, Uriel. Maybe next game, eh????

Ok names Id put forward for Lynch are Molly, Barney, Crosstown and Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    My best guess is posts like this got Dottie killed. Dottie showed in the halloween game that she was very good and havong a role and staying under the radar (even tigg struggled to spot her). Id guess when she popped up with something the wolves jumped on it

If that's the case, and if Andy was a wolf (which we think he was), logic would suggest it was Andy's team that targeted her. Maybe losing Andy and this post spooked them and they decided to go after her as result.

You need a role to spice things up, Uriel. Maybe next game, eh????

I am actually thinking I will take a timeout for the next game.
    Not sure if it's 6 games in a row or just that I am busy this week in RL, but I feel jaded trying to work things out.

I think the game after the next I am modding though - not sure I want to miss playing two games... I will see if I can recharge my batteries after the Christmas break, though I have exams in early january as well :(

Ok names Id put forward for Lynch are Molly, Barney, Crosstown and Valeyard

Molly and Barney I can guess why. But why pick Cross and Vale?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

We have two scenarios depending on whether or not andy was a wolf. For now im going with he was in the absence of priestly guidance. If so hes playing a strayegy that will push someone under the radar as a sleeper wolf, and possibly also looking to take heat off an alpha- i think that if alphas die the baddies cant communicate anymore. (Can MOD confirm?).

So, who gets a pass as a villager on andys sacrifice and who is the alpha being protected?

Yeah I thought cross was looking pretty villagery in fairness, what have you spotted?

• Advertisement

Molly and Barney I can guess why. But why pick Cross and Vale?

Vale has 23 posts but not one relating to the game as such, no alpha picks, no suspects, lots of filler really

Cross next on the list of apha picks, playing a low key game and picked by Trigger and Yoss who are both dead

Advertisement