Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This to me means that we NEED to know what Milkshake was so we know the odds on the peek, but as I posted there the peeks are kind of useless and the only info we can guarantee is the ACTUAL priest as the trainee could easily be a wolf.

This game is so easy to win for the wolves, the village don't stand a chance!

They are not useless. They don't give you perfect information but they give you better probabilities as my post earlier about you demonstrated. We can now be more confident that you are a villager than anyone else. That's not nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

MOD: Did the santas get a peek on the Sunday before the first munch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

subtle :P

Whats the point of subtlety? That was one of the worst look at me I'm really innocent posts I've seen. I mean god, I'd believe the moon landing was faked before I'd believe that.

Wolfy wolfy wolfy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Alrighty, it was my idea to do Jayop's thing, so I'll get the ball rolling. In no particular order:

#FFA3

Valeyard - lots of vapid posts, until this was pointed out to him, now making more of an effort
    Nopeare - suspicious posts, something about his "helpfulness" in suggesting Andy should be shot doesn't ring true.
    Partyjungle - coming across wolfy

How about we give it until 6pm to get as many votes in, then that gives us 4 hours to vote on our top 3? If we don't catch everybody that's not a biggie, if most people still provide their choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

#FFA3

Nopeare - Had thought of him since the start and looks very wolfy with posts
    Partyjungle - Really came out wolfy today
    Tritium - Just something niggling me there about Trit can't put finger on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Okay here is the first post where I think Milkshake asked for help
    Morning all.

Is there any advantage to looking at who voted in small numbers? Do we know everyone's reasons?

Is crosstown (who i have my doubts about) being helpful here or steering her away from her plan
    crosstownk wrote: »
    There probably isn't much advantage just yet. There is no doubt that some wolves are in the group that voted for Andy as there are others among the rest of the votes.

Any half decent wolf team would have spread their votes with a view to. At this stage, who voted for who doesn't mean an awful lot but could be of significance later is we have a pattern to analyse.

The second time she asked
    My three would be...

Partyjungle
    Molly
    Nopeare
    If someone could confirm the 3 we are to choose from that would really help me.

If this could happen before 9 that would be great as I hope to be leaving work then and I have an hours drive home.

This time people make suggestions
    Uriel. wrote: »
    ......Barney ,Vale,Molly,Nopeare .....
    crosstownk wrote: »
    ....Nopeare,Molly,Barney.....
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I wouldn't argue with that.....

Her peeks weren't much use to her so for her lynch vote
    ....I have to take what I'm told so chose Molly for our lynch.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Whats the point of subtlety? That was one of the worst look at me I'm really innocent posts I've seen. I mean god, I'd believe the moon landing was faked before I'd believe that.

Wolfy wolfy wolfy

I come out with some theory and realise it doesn't make it sense. Ergo I'm a wolf. This game is so frustrating. No wonder I barely post.

Is crosstown (who i have my doubts about) being helpful here or steering her away from her plan

Never noticed all that. Well spotted. That is what happens when you skim for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

This to me means that we NEED to know what Milkshake was so we know the odds on the peek, but as I posted there the peeks are kind of useless and the only info we can guarantee is the ACTUAL priest as the trainee could easily be a wolf.

This game is so easy to win for the wolves, the village don't stand a chance!

well that's a wonderful thought. Two seers that may or may not be of major value in comparison with previous games. And the possibility that there's a trainee priest wolf running around out there, great. I guess sulli and jayop are on team wolf this time around anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

yeah that's a great spot, fair play. It's a pity Die hard didn't spot it too and protect Strawberry.

If you're peeked as villager, then you're 89% villager if it's the real seer, and 66% a villager if it's the bad seer so on average, there's a 77.5% you're a villager and only 22.5% you're a wolf.

My brain is bursting and not going to think about it anymore :confused:

if you are the sober or drunk santa and peek an alpha you are 100% wrong.

I come out with some theory and realise it doesn't make it sense. Ergo I'm a wolf. This game is so frustrating. No wonder I barely post.

But the fact that you barely post and then come out with a few in a short period of time when accused is wolfy

But the fact that you barely post and then come out with a few in a short period of time when accused is wolfy

Posting when accused is wofly, not defending yourself instantly is wolfy. Posting too much is wolfy, not posting enough is wolfy. Maybe I'm just bad at this game but most of the discussion that indicates suspicion can be turned on its head to be seen as double bluff.

In regards to a race, I'll put forward

Barney - I still think he's the highest probability of being a wolf based on the crowd sourcing. I think we're mad to continue to ignore this.
    Valeyard - vapid post content
    gufc - because I'm bitter about that accusation and I have no third :pac:

Posting when accused is wofly, not defending yourself instantly is wolfy. Posting too much is wolfy, not posting enough is wolfy. Maybe I'm just bad at this game but most of the discussion that indicates suspicion can be turned on its head to be seen as double bluff.

In regards to a race, I'll put forward

Barney - I still think he's the highest probability of being a wolf based on the crowd sourcing. I think we're mad to continue to ignore this.
    Valeyard - vapid post content
    gufc - because I'm bitter about that accusation and I have no third :pac:

If gufc is blown away next this doesn't look good for you, a wolf in serial killers clothing !!!!

#FFA3

Crosstown - think he's a wolf with max
    Max - think he's a wolf with crosstown
    Barney - Good player ,I think he's a obvious wolf pick and been keeping head down and has said nothing to change my mind yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

#ffa3

Barney: low postcount, head down, good choice for a wolf pick, hasnt added much to the debate either way

Max: just something not sitting right here, will need to look back to try to pin down what

Cdaly_: a very token contribution so far, im wondering if they might be hans

#ffa3

C_daly

Party jungle

Barney

:

Nope... not posting until you are accused is wolfy. Either of the two in isolation is just playing the game combining the two smacks of somethings up here.

I was actually suss about Max but he has been very helpful and not sure if its a helpful wolf or a helpful villager.

Wanted to put him on my #FFA list but for some reason held back, not sure why though

#Isuckathisgame

• Advertisement

#FFA3

- Nopeare

- Partyjungle

- cdaly_

Nopeare for reasons outlined yesterday.

Partyjungle because I agree that his posts have been fishy and I haven't really been convinced by his reaction. Threw the toys out of the pram a bit which just makes me more suspicious.

cdaly_ is a new one for me. I was looking back at Andy this morning to see if anything else could be gleaned. Early in the game I said that a wolf would probably have one of their teammates in their list of 4 picks for the crowd source. Andy had cdaly_, so I went and had a look at his posts. 6 posts in total. 6. The first one playing the clueless "I need to catch up" card, and a couple trying to take a bit of pressure off Andy when he was up for lynch. I feel pretty confident about this one.

I was actually suss about Max but he has been very helpful and not sure if its a helpful wolf or a helpful villager.

Wanted to put him on my #FFA list but for some reason held back, not sure why though

#Isuckathisgame

Not really sure what to say to that tbh. I've done as much as I can for the village but if it hasn't been enough then so be it. I get that we're all clutching at straws but I feel I've been totally transparent. Happy to be in a race anyway, if we're going to lynch a villager then better it be me than the other seer.

quickbeam wrote: »

I've had a theory overnight about someone else, that I'd like to mull over for a few hours - munch results depending.
    Nopeare - suspicious posts, something about his "helpfulness" in suggesting Andy should be shot doesn't ring true.

Just to expand on my overnight theory. Something about Nopeare suggesting the bodyguard shoot Andy set off alarm bells with me. It was very reminiscent of when, in a previous game, Barney threw a teammate under the bus on the advice of Andy. So I wonder if something similar happened this time. It's just like something Andy would suggest. Something like:

Andy's at risk of lynching
    Andy tells Nopeare to suggest the bodyguard use one of his bullets on him
    This gives Andy the excuse to come out as the Priest as he was at "risk" of being shot
    Two scenarios then - either he's believed, and saved from the lynch
    Or he's not believed and lynched anyway, but it was heading that way anyway so nothing much lost
    But no matter which happens, suddenly Nopeare gets massive villager credit, because a wolf would hardly suggest to shoot his fellow wolf, would he????

So, is this credible? likely?

Just to expand on my overnight theory. Something about Nopeare suggesting the bodyguard shoot Andy set off alarm bells with me. It was very reminiscent of when, in a previous game, Barney threw a teammate under the bus on the advice of Andy. So I wonder if something similar happened this time. It's just like something Andy would suggest. Something like:

Andy's at risk of lynching
    Andy tells Nopeare to suggest the bodyguard use one of his bullets on him
    This gives Andy the excuse to come out as the Priest as he was at "risk" of being shot
    Two scenarios then - either he's believed, and saved from the lynch
    Or he's not believed and lynched anyway, but it was heading that way anyway so nothing much lost
    But no matter which happens, suddenly Nopeare gets massive villager credit, because a wolf would hardly suggest to shoot his fellow wolf, would he????

So, is this credible? likely?

Problem with this is Nopeare hasn't gained credibility and is on a lot of peoples hit list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ is a new one for me. I was looking back at Andy this morning to see if anything else could be gleaned. Early in the game I said that a wolf would probably have one of their teammates in their list of 4 picks for the crowd source. Andy had cdaly_, so I went and had a look at his posts. 6 posts in total. 6. The first one playing the clueless "I need to catch up" card, and a couple trying to take a bit of pressure off Andy when he was up for lynch. I feel pretty confident about this one.

Just too busy in RL. Haven't even managed to get suspicious of anyone. My lynch votes were pretty much bandwagon jumpi - oh look! a squirrel....

*gets distracted and wanders off...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Just too busy in RL. Haven't even managed to get suspicious of anyone. My lynch votes were pretty much bandwagon jumpi - oh look! a squirrel....

*gets distracted and wanders off...

Was i at the head of a bandwagon?

I would have had an easier time believing that if you ha voted for andy, cdaly.

Problem with this is Nopeare hasn't gained credibility and is on a lot of peoples hit list

Tbf they weren't to know that before it was played, if the theory is correct that is. Its certainly something to consider and definitely justifies a peak

Tbf they weren't to know that before it was played, if the theory is correct that is. Its certainly something to consider and definitely justifies a peak

Peak:

IP%20Don%20Od.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Do you know what there is so much suspicion about me its actually distracting others from picking targets. I'm not great at picking out wolves and some who might are focussed on me and wasting time, lynch me and get it over with. Otherwise this rubbish will continue on for days and the actual wolfs will coast by.
    I'm suspect of Barney, not sure who else.
    I know someone will spin this as wolfy, (or Hans trying to thin numbers) but I'd suggest as a plan.
    17 players left - Assuming the bodyguard, priest and one team of wolves have 4 left
    The wolves will then have 13 opposition players to pick from for all other roles (Good and bad) so a 1 in 13 chance of killing the bodyguard then his bullets are useless.
    Pick the 3 of us most suspect shoot 2 and lynch the other get the priest to reveal tomorrow morning on the stroke of 10 before the munch result to make sure you get information then if still alive after you'd get the other 2 from the munch and a nights protection great result (so an extra lynch and 2 munchs).
    Then you'd be down to 12 (17 - 2 shot, 1 lynched, 2 munched = 12) you'd know the roles of 13 players and then we give someone who is good at trawling through posts a chance to find patterns etc.

Advertisement