Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

gufc21 wrote: »
    My opinion. Run these and shoot vale

Did I read somewhere that Hans is on the evil side although not connected? Not in the OP but I didn't think he was on the village side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did I read somewhere that Hans is on the evil side although not connected? Not in the OP but I didn't think he was on the village side

Hans is a lone wolf so to speak

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Prematurely hit post sorry.

We might as well take two out tonight and encourage the priest (not the apprentice) to come out tomorrow... we will know if we are on the right track at least if vale is a wolf and can focus on the two that weren't lynched if the one lynched was innocent.

If vale is a villager I'm an idiot and will apologise
    Profusely

Personally, I disagree. I think we should save bullets for sure, or almost sure baddies. I don't think Vale is that yet. He's suspicious as hell for sure, but nowhere close enough to being a surety.

But if most people agree with you, then that's fine, I'll not press it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Haven't you been playing these games enough to know the #ff thing and that the serial killer is a lone wolf so to speak?

Its just the way im thinking at the moment. Im worried that we are getting low on numbers and if we don't use it we lose it

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Personally, I disagree. I think we should save bullets for sure, or almost sure baddies. I don't think Vale is that yet. He's suspicious as hell for sure, but nowhere close enough to being a surety.

But if most people agree with you, then that's fine, I'll not press it.

Im happy to lynch Vale but I'd be very worried about firing bullets around the place. We could as easily hit a roled villager as a baddie. At least if a suspect is up for lynch they get an opportunity to make a case and we can decide whether that case is believable or not. Shooting someone without certainty doesn't give us that chance

So, an hour since our #FFA deadline passed. I'm going to go vote for one of the top three. We could argue more about what to do until we run out of time.

Its just the way im thinking at the moment. Im worried that we are getting low on numbers and if we don't use it we lose it

Until the priest, the trainee or even the second seer comes forward we really don't know what kind of numbers we are at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Uriel. wrote: »
    Im happy to lynch Vale but I'd be very worried about firing bullets around the place. We could as easily hit a roled villager as a baddie. At least if a suspect is up for lynch they get an opportunity to make a case and we can decide whether that case is believable or not. Shooting someone without certainty doesn't give us that chance

I think the issue with vale is that he seems somewhat eager to ensure hes lynched tonight

Haven't you been playing these games enough to know the #ff thing and that the serial killer is a lone wolf so to speak?

I wasn't playing the game the # in it so didnt pay much attention to the rules. Or if I was I was dead and same applies.

in some games the seriel killer is part of the bad team. Come on, does a serial killer sound like your friendly village chap? :P

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    I think the issue with vale is that he seems somewhat eager to ensure hes lynched tonight

Why would that matter? Do you mean on reindeer grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

My opinion. Run these and shoot vale

you must be a wolf.

Shoot you, is the better option.

You are a wolf.

Not eager to be lynched. Just drawing out wolves.

Think they seem to be in control Of The game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Sorry I missed the deadline, my Internet is very patchy over here. Didn't get into a WiFi zone until now. Not that it matters now but my three would've been

#FFA
    Partyjungle
    Nopeare
    Gufc

Since there was a tie, I agree with the choice to narrow down to the top three. Five is too many to race.

I'll be going for nopeare for the lynch tonight, because of the idea about bodyguard and then the theory about Andy scheming with him which sounds plausible.

Sorry, not top three. The three listed previously

Me
    Partyjungle
    Nopeare

I gotta head out at half 8 so I'll say my bit now. I presume I just have to explain myself to date?

I gotta head out at half 8 so I'll say my bit now. I presume I just have to explain myself to date?

If you would be to kind.

Why would that matter? Do you mean on reindeer grounds?

I dont know, he just seemed eager to enter a race hed lose against players who no one else was naming. Seemed very strange. My best guess was he was protecting someone else. Only a few reasons i can think of for doing that

I dont know, he just seemed eager to enter a race hed lose against players who no one else was naming. Seemed very strange. My best guess was he was protecting someone else. Only a few reasons i can think of for doing that

Yeah, I can't see the benefit of being lynched if it's your reindeer day. Either your a villager and you hurt the rest of the village or you hurt your fellow wolves if you are a wolf. So maybe he was trying to protect someone.

This is why i wanted to use the bullet. He's protecting someone. He can't be a good guy because one of the seers are dead. As a result it has to be an alpha or a reindeer. That leads gim to being a bad guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Ok so it's one of Barney ,No fear and Party animal to vote for. :|

Hmmmm , shouldn't be too hard for me to make up my mind there. ;)

Re our top three -

Barney has against him that 8 people would have chosen him if they were the Alpha. But we got a wolf in Andy (presumably) not just because he was chosen by lots in the poll, but by his reaction to it. I have to say I've not seen anything in Barney's reaction that has led me to think he is a wolf. The *only* thing against him as far as I can see is the poll.

PartyJungle has been mostly quiet then came out with some mad ideas this morning, putting him on people's radars. I included him in my FFA list but only because I was struggling to find a third and his posts were so recent, but on reflection, I'm still not wholly convinced he's a wolf either.

Nopeare I think is our best chance from the top 3. While I may not have the details right exactly in the theory I posted earlier, I definitely think there's something up with him suggesting for the bodyguard to kill Andy, especially when it came so late that evening (iirc) leaving us little time to chose somebody else to lynch.

My 2c on our candidates anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Vale doesn't definitely have to be bad, as weird as the move looked. Let's leave it at that.

Vale doesn't definitely have to be bad, as weird as the move looked. Let's leave it at that.

Its a fair point but i think youre missing something in how he played it

Its a fair point but i think youre missing something in how he played it

played what?

Sure weird is good. Who wants normal.

Okay well this is fairly easy since I have nothing to hide. I'm going to go through my posts and explain anything I think needs explaining.

Firstly, I am a villager and I am Reindeer Comet. Reindeer thing is fairly useless. Just an added perk.

I thought it was silly to lynch andy straight away even though I was 90% sure of his guilt. I thought we would gain more by allowing to further hang himself with his false information. In hindsight, who else could we have lynched? I suppose it was the right choice. I still think we missed a small chance there. I said this a few times.

I pointed the finger immediately after Yossarian was munched which was definitely a foolish mistake. I have a call every morning at 10am that I usually only have to listen but got dragged into, I began writing that post prior to 10am but figured I'd post it anyway since I hadn't being contributing much. I got extremely unlucky with that. It was simply stupid on my part. Pawwed Rig correctly called me up on this. I never bothered explaining myself since it was so silly on my part. If I was a wolf, I'd probably be more conscious of slipping up and would have refreshed.

Most recent thing was that hair brained scheme, which in two posts explains it. I thought of some ruse and realised it was stupid a few posts later.
    Lads this is a long shot but its not outside the realms of possibility: MrsFD is an alpha, Strawberry Milkshake was a wolf. The wolves coordinated to kill SM and Kersplatt to make sure MrsFD appears as almost untouchable. They sacrifice SM to give themselves a very strong position
    Actually its stupid because then it tells the other wolf team who the opposition alpha is. Nevermind

I got a bit narky at being suddenly jumped on by gufc. I quite like the idea of elaborate plots. It's a shame I haven't once been on a bad team to try and enact these.

I'm probably going to vote for Barney for the reasons I've been stating since day 1 (probability of being selected from the crowd source). I actually missed all this stuff to do with Nopeare? Whats this bodyguard theory?

Whats this bodyguard theory?

This:
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Just to expand on my overnight theory. Something about Nopeare suggesting the bodyguard shoot Andy set off alarm bells with me. It was very reminiscent of when, in a previous game, Barney threw a teammate under the bus on the advice of Andy. So I wonder if something similar happened this time. It's just like something Andy would suggest. Something like:

Andy's at risk of lynching
    Andy tells Nopeare to suggest the bodyguard use one of his bullets on him
    This gives Andy the excuse to come out as the Priest as he was at "risk" of being shot
    Two scenarios then - either he's believed, and saved from the lynch
    Or he's not believed and lynched anyway, but it was heading that way anyway so nothing much lost
    But no matter which happens, suddenly Nopeare gets massive villager credit, because a wolf would hardly suggest to shoot his fellow wolf, would he????

So, is this credible? likely?

I am going to vote for Nopeare and head to bed. Well, switch off laptop as I am in bed! my reasons are as I have said from day 1 and no more needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sorry for the prolonged absence today but it was unavoidable. I've done my best to catch up.

I don't see much change from this morning, tbh. I see a lot of back and forth of the same accusations, suggestions, etc. but nothing monumental.

I've noticed that I've been suggested as a lynch candidate by more than one.

I can address shatter's accusation. He thinks me and Max are on the same wolf team and backing each other up. This is nonsense. If we were on the same team we'd have a hidden forum where we could back each other up all we like. We'd hardly come on here and do the same for all to see, now would we? As I've said before, I'm happy enough that Max is a villager for now and as far as I'm concerned that makes him on my team.

I can't address Vales accusation because he hasn't given a reason. If he did then I missed it.

I don't really know what to make of Vale, tbh. So much so that while I have him on my FFA list, he's at the bottom. I'm still undecided between Nopeare and Barney.

I've missed the reasoning behind Gufc's nominations - maybe someone can enlighten me.

It's so much easier to stay on top of things with this game. Catching up just leads to speed reading and missing things :(

Advertisement