Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The abacus must have broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'd seen that gif so many times but only saw the film recently. I always wondered where it was from. Very good film, and the gif sums up the situation nicely.

He's fantastic in it. Think he got an Oscar, well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

End of Turn 3 - Start of Turn 4.

Nopeare - 11 -
    Quickbeam, Shatterproof, Pawwed RIg, The Daz, Mrs FD, GUFC, CDaly, The Valeyard, MAx, Barney, Crosstownk,
    Barney - 4 - A neurotic, Uriel, partyjungle, Tritium
    Pawwed Rig - 1 - Persepoly
    Did not vote - 1 - Nopeare

Nopeare didn't see the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Feck. That's a bit of a landslide. Didn't expect that.

Adios Nopeare.

This tells us nothing. Wolves among the Nopeare vote for sure. It was made easy for them.

• Advertisement

Feck. That's a bit of a landslide. Didn't expect that.

What that we'd acutely lynch your buddy?

crosstownk wrote: »
    Adios Nopeare.

This tells us nothing. Wolves among the Nopeare vote for sure. It was made easy for them.

Yep, hold my hand up on this. Those of us who announced who we were voting for we're stupid. I copped it too late.

We need to seriously discuss the benefits of the priest coming out. If the apprentice is still alive and can be trusted then we need to see where we stand to date.

Any views on the pros and cons of this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Agree whole-heartedly. Not until 10am tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

We need to seriously discuss the benefits of the priest coming out. If the apprentice is still alive and can be trusted then we need to see where we stand to date.

I think this could be a decent move, if the apprentice is still alive that is. If the priest no longer trusts his choice then they should announce that they don't trust them.

It would help us a lot to see who is still in the game, how many wolves and roles are left. Which might help us see some patterns in voting or just in posting. They could be protected for a night also, should the bodyguard still be alive.

Downsides: exposure to the wolves and potential for the person to declare it being a liar.

• Advertisement

We are starved for information, we need something. But the priest knows what they have and is the best judge of when to come out.

For example, if you imagine a scenario where the bodyguard is dead, the priest would know this and would probably decide to wait longer before coming out because they have no protection.

Yep, hold my hand up on this. Those of us who announced who we were voting for we're stupid. I copped it too late.

Jay's explanation didn't actually state the final vote should be secret. But it makes sense that it should. Your top three is public, and you give reasons. But your final vote remains secret so as wolves can't hide.

I didn't expect it to be that overwhelming a result though. Though of the three that were top of the nomination list, I do think we made the right choice, as he was (imo) the most likely wolf candidate.

I agree on the priest comments. Maybe I'm just too anxious to get the 'score' of the game. Let the priest decide.

Another thing - we all listed three lynch candidates. Some of us just left it at that and some said who was getting the vote. Obviously some changed to Nopeare when they realised/thought that he was top of the list. That means we can't really look back and see who switched just to stay with the crowd.

Is it time to limit the lynch to just two?

We are starved for information, we need something. But the priest knows what they have and is the best judge of when to come out.

For example, if you imagine a scenario where the bodyguard is dead, the priest would know this and would probably decide to wait longer before coming out because they have no protection.

If the bodyguard is dead and the apprentice is dead then the priest needs to stay low.

I agree on the priest comments. Maybe I'm just too anxious to get the 'score' of the game. Let the priest decide.

Another thing - we all listed three lynch candidates. Some of us just left it at that and some said who was getting the vote. Obviously some changed to Nopeare when they realised/thought that he was top of the list. That means we can't really look back and see who switched just to stay with the crowd.

Is it time to limit the lynch to just two?

Jay's method says run three as it's a 50% extra chance of a wolf being among them. If it's just two, and happened to be two villagers, the wolves could just sit back and not care where their votes went. The same could, of course, apply if it happened to be three villagers, but three just increases the chance of one wolf being involved.

I agree, if we do it again as a method tomorrow (and I think we should, though I hate being the bossy-pants so maybe somebody else could organise it?) we should keep our final vote secret.

Another possible line of enquiry is the people who didn't even bother to participate in FFA. In am information stseven village they kept the head down and offered nothing, which doesn't sit well. Did anyone fail to participate and then vote Nopeare?

That was meant to be "in an information starved village". Screw this phone.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Jay's method says run three as it's a 50% extra chance of a wolf being among them. If it's just two, and happened to be two villagers, the wolves could just sit back and not care where their votes went. The same could, of course, apply if it happened to be three villagers, but three just increases the chance of one wolf being involved.

I agree, if we do it again as a method tomorrow (and I think we should, though I hate being the bossy-pants so maybe somebody else could organise it?) we should keep our final vote secret.

OK but can we consider that players need to list them as 1,2,3. That way we can monitor last minute changes.

In fairness, two players did inform us that they had changed votes tonight.

In fairness, two players did inform us that they had changed votes tonight.

Trit and Shatter. It's worth noting that they changed vote and took the time out to tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

What does the apprentice do, if for example, mick was the priest?

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    What does the apprentice do, if for example, mick was the priest?

Essentially, the apprentice becomes the priest once the priest is dead. As they have their own backroom, the apprentice should know everything the priest knows. But the apprentice was selected by the original priest so if the apprentice is a wolf....................

Did anyone fail to participate and then vote Nopeare?

The following:
    The_Valeyard
    cdaly_
    The Dazzler

The following also didn't do the FFA, but didn't vote for Nopeare:
    Nopeare
    Persepoly

Interesting that Valeyard is included there. He also didn't do the Alpha task, something about not wanting to pre-prejudice himself against any player or something. That stood out to me at the time. I'd assume Cdaly and Dazz didn't do the Alpha task either as they were late joining us, but it was Valeyard's comment that stood out to me as it completely missed the point of the exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Essentially, the apprentice becomes the priest once the priest is dead. As they have their own backroom, the apprentice should know everything the priest knows. But the apprentice was selected by the original priest so if the apprentice is a wolf....................

No sorry, i meant. Do they come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Trit and Shatter. It's worth noting that they changed vote and took the time out to tell us.
    I told you after the count. Couldn't influence anybody.

But what I can tell you is I voted for nopeare early and I wonder has jayop inadvertently given us a piece of information. Are the votes given in the order in which they were placed?

Most voted for Nopeare. I admit my own vote was an attempt at original thinking and not an awful lot else.

FYI Shatter:
    sullivlo wrote: »
    14) The votes will be published when I announce the Lynch. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I want to change something about the positives I mentioned about the priest. I said they'd be protected, but remembered that the bodyguard can't protect against Hans who gets a kill tomorrow evening. Just something to add into the discussion.

Are the votes given in the order in which they were placed?

You might be right. I always vote late - like with in 2 mins of the deadline and Im last on Jay's list.

quickbeam wrote: »
    The following:
    The_Valeyard
    cdaly_
    The Dazzler

The following also didn't do the FFA, but didn't vote for Nopeare:
    Nopeare
    Persepoly

Interesting that Valeyard is included there. He also didn't do the Alpha task, something about not wanting to pre-prejudice himself against any player or something. That stood out to me at the time. I'd assume Cdaly and Dazz didn't do the Alpha task either as they were late joining us, but it was Valeyard's comment that stood out to me as it completely missed the point of the exercise.

Confirmation bias perhaps but my eye is immediately drawn to the presence of cdaly.

• Advertisement

You might be right. I always vote late - like with in 2 mins of the deadline and Im last on Jay's list.

Not to worry - QB has confirmed it as she read the rules properly!

Advertisement