Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf VI - Jingle Bell Rock - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

Options

Comments

I've had a read over some of cross and partyjungle' posts. Nothing stands out in my tired mind. It seems to easy to go for Uriel though. Feeling alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you think it's just yourself, partyjungle and me who are the villagers and Uriel is a wolf?

I'm wrecked. Sitting on the train back from Galway.

Yep. That's the only read that I can make of it.

It seems very convenient to vote for Uriel.

It seems very convenient to vote for Uriel.

If the village winning is considered convenient then yes.

crosstownk wrote: »
    If the village winning is considered convenient then yes.

Is partyjungle going for Uriel as well I wonder. Are we assuming he is a wolf and we have no serial killer?

• Advertisement

You'd think he would make an appearance to defending himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Good Evening all.

Sorry I have kept a very low profile the last 2.5 days.

This was partly because I was at my sister's wedding but also part of a reasonably well planned strategy.

I am the Village Priest. This is my first role ever in WW and to be honest I really wasn’t sure how to play to it. You will see therefore, I basically decided for the first couple of days to ignore the role and continue to post as normal as I possibly could keeping a similar posting style to my previous games.

In the run up to the first munch I started to get pretty nervous though and I did two things.
    First – I chose the trainee (More on this below).

Second – I started to think it would be a good idea to leave some easter egg trails on the game thread. This was for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted to throw out a subtle hint for an eagle eyed villager to pick up on. I know there’s a risk to that when a wolf or a serial killer could also pick up on it, but I felt if it was worth the risk. Tigger was gone and I think he would have got it with his forensic mind, so I knew I was reasonably safe doing it following Tigger's death. I hoped to be able to point a confirmed villager towards the trail and grab an ally at some point during the game, but to be honest I have struggled to be fully confident of dropping hints. It took a lot of consideration for picking the trainee, with so many baddies in this game I didn't know what to do.

The second reason for doing this was that I hoped it would help provide some proof or evidence of my claim when I revealed myself.

Anyway, on to the easter eggs. Check post numbers 677, 687, 695, 705, 708, 710, 712, 738 and 743. All off these are my posts and when you take them in chronological order the first letter of each post spells

“I am priest”

The trainee I picked was Pawwed Rig and I largely picked him because he was a new player and I felt that he might escape detection for most of the game. Obviously I couldn't be sure that he was good or bad and I will be perfectly honest I took a punt on it, as I couldn't see any other way around it. All week I've been fretting over whether he was with us or not. Unfortunately he was lynched yesterday, we had hoped to survive one more day and then one of us would reveal, had we have survived that lynching it would be close to a guaranteed village win, but the chance to win is very much alive. On the positive side with his death I obviously received confirmation that he was a villager and that was a mass weight off me.

In our “midnight mass” backroom we’ve tried to work things together as much as possible while largely trying to avoid each other on the game thread so that we don’t out ourselves. As part 2 of the easter egg strategy Pawwed Rig completed a similar move – see posts numbers 929, 956, 934, 956, 962, 1005, 1069, 1076 – all Pawwed Rig’s posts and taken in chronological order the first letter of every second word in each post spells “trainee”.

So there’s one wolf team left, as you know and one wolf on that team.

The dead wolf team, team “Scrooge” consisted of
    Tigger – Ghost of Christmas future
    Quickbeam - Ghost of christmas present
    Barney - Ghost of Christmas past
    Mrs. Flushdraw - Scrooge

The second wolf team consisted of:
    Andy – Harry from Home Alone Gang
    Mollie – Marv from Home Alone Gang
    Shatterproof – The Grinch

Maximus – Hans Gruber
    A Nerutoic – McClaine (fair play to A Neurotic – his last input was essential to a villager’s win)

Honorable mentions to our fallen rolled villagers:
    Dottie our Good Santa
    Strawberry Milkshake – our Drunk/bad Santa who in fairness did an amazing job pinging Mrs F on her first seer check, unfortunately Strawberry wasn’t to know she pinged the alpha or that she was drunk santa and unfortunately wasn’t to know that the good Santa was already out of the game.

So that leaves one wolf between
    Party and Cross
    Pawwed Rig and I are 90% convinced that it is Crosstown (we both voted for him in the last lynch), unfortunately we didn’t cop that there was momentum towards Pawwed in the vote – mostly my fault as I have been distracted with wedding celebrations and Pawwed has been carrying the priest role in the past few days.
    Thanks Pawwed! I think it's crosstown's previous experience as a wolf in WW Part II that has got him to the end and in touching distance of him winning it for the wolves. Given that villagers have largely cleaned up against the bad guys I was joking (kinda) with sulli after this morning's reveal that her and jayop made sure crosstown was a wolf this time to try help the wolves to win to break the wolves poor outings. Of course, i don't really think that it was anything but random fate. In hindsight are we surprised that cross is here at the end of this game and he's the only player to secure a wolf win in the past? His experience and skill at playing the wolf role is class in fairness!

So there you go folks, that’s the whole run down on the way we’ve played it so far. As this was my first time with a role in the game, I don’t think I’ve played it well, and maybe we could have done a better job coming out earlier. It’s been absolutely nerve wracking for me but a big shout out to Pawwed in his first game, he’s done really well and you’ll see that behind the scenes when the backrooms get opened up and you see some of his forensic work in our midnight mass backroom!!Hopefully he becomes a regular player.

Put my lynch vote in for cross.
    Take it home Persepoly and Jungle (btw jungle you really scared the crap out of me the last couple of days with your constant reference to my silence!!!)

Wow Uriel! Fair play to you! I got it so wrong so many times. I'll cast my vote :)

Wtf. Haven't fully read the post but why are coming out now? You and pawwed could be wolves. Can't believe your dropping this so close to lynch time. Ridiculous.

This is an enormous spanner in the works. I actually don't believe you. You only have to convince persoply though. Seriously, why all the silence and a massive post so close to lynch time that no one can verify? Ugh my brain

• Advertisement

Wtf. Haven't fully read the post but why are coming out now? You and pawwed could be wolves. Can't believe your dropping this so close to lynch time. Ridiculous.

I thought the same but I can see the logic behind this. I was surprised the raw pig was not a wolf but I haven't exactly made any good picks so far so who knows.

Complete bollox, Uriel.

There's no way he's the priest. Think about it. What service was ho doing the village by waiting until now with all that information.

He's the wolf. Lynch him.

My vote is set in stone.

This is an enormous spanner in the works. I actually don't believe you. You only have to convince persoply though. Seriously, why all the silence and a massive post so close to lynch time that no one can verify? Ugh my brain

I am genuinely sorry for the lateness. I've literally only got back home from the wedding and we're going out again for a final night of celebrations in a little while. Pawwed has been keeping the work together for us for the past few days while I've been occupied otherwise.

I'm sorry that the post was so long but I had to put out of the information that I had on it and it's a lot of information in fairness. Just telling you I am the priest wouldn't really be useful would it. If someone did that I wouldn't believe them, for good reason.

There's no way he's the priest. Think about it. What service was ho doing the village by waiting until now with all that information.

He's the wolf. Lynch him.

My vote is set in stone.

A very clear service if we lynch you the village wins again and you don't get your second wolf win.

I'm not saying to anyone I've played a great game, but I've never had any role before so I did the best I could, win or lose

Uriel. wrote: »
    I am genuinely sorry for the lateness. I've literally only got back home from the wedding and we're going out again for a final night of celebrations in a little while. Pawwed has been keeping the work together for us for the past few days while I've been occupied otherwise.

I'm sorry that the post was so long but I had to put out of the information that I had on it and it's a lot of information in fairness. Just telling you I am the priest wouldn't really be useful would it. If someone did that I wouldn't believe them, for good reason.
    Blah, blah.

You're not the priest. I know it. partyjungle knows it. Persepoly knows it.

No priest on the village side would leave us that long without coming out. There were numerous calls for the priest to come out.

You voted every day but didn't post so you must have seen those pleas for the priest.

You're a wolf. You're wolfy mates were killed and you bottled it. Now you're here with this complete bullsh1t in an effort to win the game. Well you won't. Uss villagers aren't stupid enough to swallow that amount of utter horsesh1t.

partyjungle, persepoly. Please do not fall for this. I said earlier that I can 100% guarantee that the village will loose if the wolf is not lynched tonight. I can now safely move that to 200%.

Do not fall for that crap.

Priest my ar$e.

Blah, blah.

You're not the priest. I know it. partyjungle knows it. Persepoly knows it.

No priest on the village side would leave us that long without coming out. There were numerous calls for the priest to come out.

You voted every day but didn't post so you must have seen those pleas for the priest.

You're a wolf. You're wolfy mates were killed and you bottled it. Now you're here with this complete bullsh1t in an effort to win the game. Well you won't. Uss villagers aren't stupid enough to swallow that amount of utter horsesh1t.

It would have made absolutely no sense coming out earlier when the serial killer and the second wolf team where still in play, we wouldn't have stood a chance.

It's been hard enough to identify you over party and thats a 1 in 2 call.

As I said, I don't know how well I've done or if I've made an arse out it but I've laid it all out there as best as I possibly could. I can't do much more at this point in time. It's up to the last two villagers to decide

It would have made absolutely no sense coming out earlier when the serial killer and the second wolf team where still in play, we wouldn't have stood a chance.

WTF? Are you now trying to tell us that you're a wolf? Do you seriously thing that the three of us are numpties.

Stop making a fool of yourself.

I'm on my phone so it's a pain to find particular posts. Uriel said he spelled out his role using the first letter of a number of posts.

• Advertisement

Uriel said he spelled out his role using the first letter of a number of posts.

It's rubbish.

Vote Uriel and the village win.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

My vote has already been cast. My apologies in advantag

Woops.

My apologies in advance if it was the wrong choice. Partyjungle and Cross it's up to you.

I hope it was for Uriel. Otherwise we're fcuked.

Shíte

Two minutes past the lynch

Two minutes past the lynch

I hope to God we've won this

I hope it was for Uriel. Otherwise we're fcuked.

Fair play though cross. If you've convinced them not to vote for you you'll be legendary on these boards for being the only wolf to win and did it twice.

Fair play though cross. If you've convinced them not to vote for you you'll be legendary on these boards for being the only wolf to win and did it twice.

I'm not a wolf.

Some curve ball you threw there, Mr. Wolf.

• Advertisement

I'm not a wolf.

Some curve ball you threw there, Mr. Wolf.

You can give it up now. Even if you did pull this off now, you can admit it. You're loss or your victory are now decided

Advertisement