Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information from insurance company

Options
  • 09-12-2016 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi can anyone give me some information I had a car accident a few month's ago am I entitled to see the compensation bills from hospitals and people's clams from insurance company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi can anyone give me some information I had a car accident a few month's ago am I entitled to see the compensation bills from hospitals and people's clams from insurance company

You can only claim for injuries / medical expenses from someone else's insurance.

Ie if you crashed your own car you cannot get compensation for your own injuries as you were at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John2016John

Hi rod yes I crashed my car the people in the other car has put in clams. The information I'm looking for is am I entitled to see how much compensation they are awarded and there hospital bills

When the claim is settled then the insurer will tell you the final settlement figure but as far as I know there is no onus on them to give you an itemised breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would agree with above. The company is not obliged to provide you with info in case there in a open claim.

You should ring and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John2016John

But I am entitled to find out how much the Final settlement is. Is it my right by law to be told how much my insurance company has to pay out in companstion

• Advertisement

But I am entitled to find out how much the Final settlement is. Is it my right by law to be told how much my insurance company has to pay out in companstion

When the claim is settled they have to issue you with a settlement letter.

Advertisement