Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build €1100 Budget

Options
  • 09-12-2016 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

1. What is your budget? €1100

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and general use.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? yes, mouse and keyboard

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I'd rather not.

8. How can you pay? Debit Card /PayPal.

9. When are you purchasing? 10 days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

I have recently only built my first PC and my budget was a little lower than yours. I saw no one had posted on the thread so I figured I'd show you what I'd buy in your budget if people with more experience have other part ideas I don't mind just putting an idea out there.

Component Selection Base Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
    CPU

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    $329.88 FREE $329.88 SuperBiiz
    Buy
    CPU Cooler

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    $59.99 FREE $59.99 Newegg
    Buy
    Motherboard

MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    $169.88 -$20.00 $149.88 OutletPC
    Buy
    $20.00 mail-in rebate
    Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    $79.99 FREE $79.99 Newegg
    Buy
    Add Additional Memory
    Storage

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    $49.78 $49.78 OutletPC
    Buy
    Add Additional Storage
    Video Card

MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card
    $222.99 $222.99 SuperBiiz
    Buy
    Add Another Video Card For 2-Way CrossFire
    Case

NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
    $66.99 $66.99 SuperBiiz
    Buy
    Power Supply

SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    $69.99 FREE $69.99 Newegg
    Buy
    Optical Drive Choose An Optical Drive
    Operating System Choose An Operating System
    Software Choose Software
    Monitor Choose A Monitor
    Keyboard

Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
    $49.99 FREE $49.99 Newegg
    Buy
    Mouse

Redragon Centrophorus M601 Wired Optical Mouse
    $13.99 $8.35 $22.34 Amazon
    Buy

Comes in at $1101.82 but you could cut that by not buying the overclockable i7 or by buying parts from different places and getting deals.
    Hope that helped, and any changes to this build are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Psycho Steve

Thanks very much for the help.. I don't know very much about computers myself.. other than the fact I've always wanted one for gaming.

Did you happen to get charged much by customs on top of those prices?

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's not really sound advice as the prices in the EU will be more or less the same in Euro, and will cost significantly more than €1,100. There's no point buying from Newegg because you'll have to pay customs/tax, which will bring it in line with EU pricing anyway, and you're also screwed when it comes to warranty....

I personally buy from Amazon or Overclockers, latter isn't always the cheapest but their service is excellent and they even have a forum where you can talk to them directly. Broadly speaking, with that budget an i7-6700 non-k, H170M motherboard, 400W+ PSU, decent air cooler, GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 240GB SSD/1TB HDD, fancy case with decent keyboard and mouse is very doable.

That's not really sound advice as the prices in the EU will be more or less the same in Euro, and will cost significantly more than €1,100. There's no point buying from Newegg because you'll have to pay customs/tax, which will bring it in line with EU pricing anyway, and you're also screwed when it comes to warranty....

I personally buy from Amazon or Overclockers, latter isn't always the cheapest but their service is excellent and they even have a forum where you can talk to them directly. Broadly speaking, with that budget an i7-6700 non-k, H170M motherboard, 400W+ PSU, decent air cooler, GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 240GB SSD/1TB HDD, fancy case with decent keyboard and mouse is very doable.
    Sorry looked on pcpartpicker and when I was on the German one none of the products showed a price, I thought it might be a fair representation as € and $ are close enough in value. I didn't take into account the tax or shipping. Just wanted to liven the post up a bit as it had no comments. Mission accomplished lol. Cheers

Thanks very much for the help.. I don't know very much about computers myself.. other than the fact I've always wanted one for gaming.

Did you happen to get charged much by customs on top of those prices?

Thanks again

My budget was lower so I couldn't get parts that good and I ordered from Mindfactory.de. I just used pc part picker US because it had all the values down. Cheers hopefully Terrors advice showed that point, he has a far superior knowledge of PC building than me, so his build would be a lot more airtight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh absolutely you are right, and your build is perfectly fine from an actual hardware point of view, I'd just hate to see someone order from Newegg and get whalloped with a massive customs bill...I misinterpeted your intention and thought you were recommending newegg.

I only chose the non-K i7-6700 and more basic board because I don't think he'll either be overclocking or requiring many advanced features on the board, nor need the liquid cooler - and an SSD is a must with that budget :)

Thanks very much for the help lads.. how are mind factory to deal with?
    I may order off Amazon where possible within the budget as I hear the customer service is great.

I bought the bulk of my PC from mindfactory (gpu,cpu,ssd,ram and mobo) I got each with a deal the biggest pitfall was the delivery fee to Ireland, so if you are buying from here order all at once. I had no problems with mindfactory and it was delivered with a tracker and quickly. Just make sure to buy your case elsewhere. Look every day until your order for deals on amazon and mindfactory and when you a sure you have saved as much as you could fire away. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Don't bother ordering now before Christmas. I'd say you've left it to late to be gaurenteed delivery before the big day.

Wait for the after Christmas sales for better value.

Yea I might hang on until January and see how it goes.. another few weeks wouldn't kill me

• Advertisement
Advertisement