Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek trip

Options
  • 09-12-2016 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Galwegians!

I'll be heading over for 3 nights from Tuesday, staying in the Ardilaun with my wife and 2.5 year old son.

Looking for a few recommendations for family friendly restaurants, Italian, Indian, Chinese or whatever, for meals each evening about 5ish - the child goes to bed at about 7.30.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Hello Galwegians!

I'll be heading over for 3 nights from Tuesday, staying in the Ardilaun with my wife and 2.5 year old son.

Looking for a few recommendations for family friendly restaurants, Italian, Indian, Chinese or whatever, for meals each evening about 5ish - the child goes to bed at about 7.30.

Cheers!

I would recommend Da Roberta's Italian in Salthill and also the Galleon in Salthill as very family friendly restaurants in Salthill.Trip to Connemara a must if weather is good.enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

5pm-ish? Ahh, good luck with that. You'll do better if you can hang out until 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Capone's on the Kingston Road in Knocknacarra. Approx. 5 minutes by car from the Ardilaun, just straight up the road. Child friendly and 5 pm won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are lots of places in Salthill, 20 min walk away.
    I like http://lanathai.ie/salthill/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Salthill is perfect for family meals. As above you cant go to far wrong in Da Robertas, Lana, Galleon and Royal Villa. All open at 5pm (some all day).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Would parking be OK in Salthill at that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Would parking be OK in Salthill at that time?

Yeah no problem. You can park along the prom or in the car park near the main Salthill roundabout. There is also parking near the playground too. You should not have to pay for parking.

Advertisement