Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys primary school south side cork city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Just wondering if anyone has advice on primary schools in south side of cork . Am considering st. Joseph's, Glasheen boys & bishopstown boys?

Supposedly the principal of St. Josephs left the school recently after just a year and moved to Togher school. The reason I heard from another teacher was that he felt the school was beyond repair. I'm not sure if it is true or not but this is what I have heard. I do know the children love it in St. Josephs and really enjoy themselves but I'm not sure they learn very much! Most people send their children to St. Josephs to get them into Pres. secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Do you have to be so condescending in your reply? Patrick gave his opinion and was there really a need for you to correct his grammar.

Patrick fired a few unfounded cheap shots, and got pulled up on it by a few of us, doubled down which probably endeared him even less.
    Supposedly the principal of St. Josephs left the school recently after just a year and moved to Togher school. The reason I heard from another teacher was that he felt the school was beyond repair. I'm not sure if it is true or not but this is what I have heard. I do know the children love it in St. Josephs and really enjoy themselves but I'm not sure they learn very much! Most people send their children to St. Josephs to get them into Pres. secondary school.

he left due to several issues, some BoM legacy issues, some repair issues.
    (the man reportedly even went to IKEA during the summer holidays for stuff for the school. Well respected, even if he did fcuk off and the chair not even warm from his ars3)

other than the kids being very happy, the rest of your post is bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Patrick fired a few unfounded cheap shots, and got pulled up on it by a few of us, doubled down which probably endeared him even less.

I don't agree.

he left due to several issues, some BoM legacy issues, some repair issues.
    (the men reportedly even went to IKEA during the summer holidays for stuff for the school. Well respected, even if the did fcuk off and the chair not even warm from his ars3)

other than the kids being very happy, the rest of your post is bullsh1t.

The only thing that's bull**** around here is your tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

I'm trying to read this, as objectively as I can but being completely honest, the tone of the four posts I have read by Byronbay2, is nothing short of disgraceful.

The posts appear to be intent on indulging in hearsay and cheap shots at schools, one of which my children attend and which happens to be an outstanding school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Dhera jog on Byron, don't be so sensitive.
    If you're going to waltz in and resserect zombies, criticise posters and disparage schools, expect short shrift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

I just noticed this thread and decided I had to respond. The school my children attend (Glasheen boys school) is absolutely fantastic. The school always goes the extra mile to make sure that our children have the very best experiences and opportunities. The school has an amazing and approachable principal and while the whole place is very well resourced the staff is its best resource of all. The school keeps us informed of all events and keeps us up to date on its website twitter texts newsletters notice boards (I am forgetting lots I am sure). Loads of activities during and after school. This year they have added lego club and french. They also run great homework clubs. They run camps during holidays and breaks and really seem to think about what parents need as well as the children. Before my son started in Glasheen people told me about the great atmosphere. I didn't understand it until I became a parent in the school.
    I recommended the school to various friends and all have been very thankful. I have no doubt there are other good schools too but I am extremely grateful to Glasheen for what they have done for my son and continue to do every day. I could go on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Candlewick wrote: »
    I just noticed this thread and decided I had to respond. The school my children attend (Glasheen boys school) is absolutely fantastic. The school always goes the extra mile to make sure that our children have the very best experiences and opportunities. The school has an amazing and approachable principal and while the whole place is very well resourced the staff is its best resource of all. The school keeps us informed of all events and keeps us up to date on its website twitter texts newsletters notice boards (I am forgetting lots I am sure). Loads of activities during and after school. This year they have added lego club and french. They also run great homework clubs. They run camps during holidays and breaks and really seem to think about what parents need as well as the children. Before my son started in Glasheen people told me about the great atmosphere. I didn't understand it until I became a parent in the school.
    I recommended the school to various friends and all have been very thankful. I have no doubt there are other good schools too but I am extremely grateful to Glasheen for what they have done for my son and continue to do every day. I could go on and on.
    A very passionate piece. I wholeheartedly agree. Its a great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

Rhinohippo wrote: »
    A very passionate piece. I wholeheartedly agree. Its a great school.

Thank you Rhinohippo. I am very grateful to the school. My son gets brilliant support and he is very happy in Glasheen which is why I posted. My son did not start school in Glasheen as we did not (and still don't) live in the area. He didn't settle at all in his first school. We were moving house anyway so we considered a change of school. From the day we sent him to Glasheen he is a different child.

Advertisement