Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Sorby "Robot Vantage Chuck"

Options
  • 10-12-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

I've done a fair bit of searching but I'm afraid google has let me down this time! I found this thread here, chuck-help-please-t49041.html I bought this vantage chuck from Robert Sorby around 1997/98 I think it was. Robert Sorby were doing a weekend demonstration in Galway which I happened to be at where I bought the chuck for my lathe. I'm wondering if I can get extra jaws for it? Does anyone here know where I could get them? (I have the screw chuck adaptor that came with it). The Robot Vantage Chuck It seems to be not made anymore.

[IMG][/img]robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000844_zpsu30qvfiy.jpg

[IMG][/img]robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000901_zpsfgdcjmqq.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I emailed Robert Sorby and as I suspected, the vantage chuck is no longer made (for quite a few years).

Here's the reply I got back (fast reply and very helpful too!)

Hello Michael,

I am sorry but we haven’t sold this chuck for over ten years and we don’t have any items left in stock.

It may be worth looking on the internet ie. Ebay

Sorry we are unable to help you on this occasion

Regards, Lindsey

I might just have to buy a present for myself:D

Advertisement