Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a switch, cabinet & patch panel?

Options
  • 10-12-2016 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Been looking to make the plunge & buy my own kit, however anywhere I find online won't sell to ROI for some reason & don't do parcel forwarders either.

Any site recommendations for here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Have used www.cablemonkey.ie in the past for home networking infrastructure, never had any problem with them.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

I used eBay for most of mine, shipped it through using parcelmotel

Careful with the cable though as there is a lot of rubbish (CCA cable being one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFPdg7DGvk

Use a branded switch and you will be fine, I went for a second hand 24 port Netgear, working perfect for 50 bucks, patch panels are cheap enough and for a cabinet I used 2 lack tables from ikea (look up lackrack)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks lads. Eventually went with someone from the UK using parcel motel (turned out cheaper). Had it all delivered just before Xmas & that was my special project over the holidays. Now have the ground floor of the house connected & will be doing upstairs on an ad hoc basis as the rooms are decorated.

Advertisement