Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you think less of someone who was having regular one night stands?

• 10-12-2016 4:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

I had my first one-night-stand in a long time tonight, I'm not long out of a long-term relationship. I couldn't get over the body confidence or openness of the girl who I was with. I'm over 40 and she told me she was 26. Would you think differently of someone if you knew they were having regular one night stands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

How would I know this about a person?

How would I know this about a person?

If it's a male friend, "cos he'll tell you...

I don't think less of them, but any male friend who has a lot of one night stands, it sounds great when you're young, then as time passes and the bedposts nearly break from all the notches, you begin to think how vacuous and soulless. So maybe not so much as think less, more pity at inability to form a lasting relationship...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

No....it's their business....why would you care??

**assuming they were single(even at that fcuk it sure)**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

If it's a male friend, "cos he'll tell you...

I'm trying to picture this

MF Aw yeah Misty, I have SO much casual sex with people I don't know very well. You wouldn't believe!
    MC Em, okay Tom. I'm not really sure if that has a lot to do with whether or not you're enjoying the latest series of Criminal Minds though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Not in the least, fair play to them. The only sexuality I look down on is the sexual snob (IE, "my sex habits are better than your sex habits"), so in other words, anyone who answers yes to the OP ;)

I'm trying to picture this

MF Aw yeah Misty, I have SO much casual sex with people I don't know very well. You wouldn't believe!
    MC Em, okay Tom. I'm not really sure if that has a lot to do with whether or not you're enjoying the latest series of Criminal Minds though...

I'm with you on the Criminal Minds type conversation, but my friends who have regular one night stands just talk about it...a lot...so it's...

MF, as we sit in a bar - "see that one over there, she squirts, like all over the place, and see that one in the corner...yeah I know she's married, but sure he's a clown...anyway, she's filthy..." And on and on and on. Backed up by the texts on the second phone, corroboration from female friends etc. etc.

Fellows having one nights stands regularly revel in it. Unless they have something to lose, like a marriage, kids etc. Then they gotta really trust you to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'm with you on the Criminal Minds type conversation, but my friends who have regular one night stands just talk about it...a lot...so it's...

MF, as we sit in a bar - "see that one over there, she squirts, like all over the place, and see that one in the corner...yeah I know she's married, but sure he's a clown...anyway, she's filthy..." And on and on and on. Backed up by the texts on the second phone, corroboration from female friends etc. etc.

Fellows having one nights stands regularly revel in it. Unless they have something to lose, like a marriage, kids etc. Then they gotta really trust you to tell.

Do they ever sidle up to you and ask you if you would think less of someone who had a one night stand?

Do they ever sidle up to you and ask you if you would think less of someone who had a one night stand?

Always, and I explain that I don't think less of them, I just don't envy their inability to form a lifelong relationship. And then we guffaw, get back to sport or politics, another woman walks in, friend sees her and nudges me...and the cycle starts again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

People are having fun and enjoying themselves......

.....down with that sort of thing :D

So what? As long as everyone'e enjoying themselves and no one's getting hurt why should it be an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Crikey. Remind me to never shift him. He tells.
    Indiscretion is a worse crime than promiscuity.
    That being said, I mightn't judge his behaviour, or hers, but I'd be wary of bedding down with someone who gets around that much.

#crabs #stillwondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why would I know, and if I did why would I care?

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Crikey. Remind me to never shift him. He tells.
    Indiscretion is a worse crime than promiscuity.
    That being said, I mightn't judge his behaviour, or hers, but I'd be wary of bedding down with someone who gets around that much.

It's not indiscretion in the sense of bragging about it. It's only told amongst a very close circle of friends, it's more that there isn't much we wouldn't know about each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Really depends whether it's a woman or a man in most people's eyes..

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a sh1tty lock.'”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

The last one night stand I had , I ended up with swollen ankles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I think it's disgraceful, a sure sign that a person is the absolute scum of the earth and deserving of a long, painful, excruciating death.

Furnish your bedroom properly, or don't furnish it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Friends, nope as long as they weren't being stupid or constantly making the same mistakes and getting hurt. Guys, meh. Not so much. I wear mac lipstick, too expensive for kissing fucckboys, I wouldn't have any interest in a guy that was known for one night stands trying to play me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Why didn't you just title the thread 'I am over 40 and I slept with a 26 year old"? Seeing as its what you wanted to tell us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Why are you disparaging towards men who like to have casual sex?

I wouldn't care if they were or not, I just wouldn't sleep with one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Im 40.....

Got the ride off a confident 26 year old....

MUST. SOMEHOW. MAKE. THREAD. ABOUT. IT...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

If you're that guy who was on the luas at Heston station last night, she was no more than 19, my misses thought she was about 17!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

No if I wasn't getting involved with them, but I wouldn't be thinking fair play to them either - I don't agree with this "Must be really sexually liberated in order to look enlightened" outlook. As with anything, people have differing, nuanced views on it. And I wouldn't be interested in getting involved with a man who is a player (nor would I blame a man for not being interested in a woman who's really promiscuous).
    Homer wrote: »
    Really depends whether it's a woman or a man in most people's eyes..

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a sh1tty lock.'”
    A key that can open many locks is a huge security risk.

Advertisement