Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV/ iPad 2 advice

Options
  • 10-12-2016 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

Really don't know much regarding Apple TV, but basically I want to get a gift of an iPad Air 2 but also would like to get either an Apple TV or else a hdmi cable to watch things like netflix on the tv,

Can anyone recommend which would be best? If connected using the hdmi cable from the ipad will netflix etc come on tv screen in smaller size, ie regarding aspect and have black bars around it? Would the Apple TV not have this issue regarding display? This is my biggest issue as I really don't want to have big black bars around the film etc,

Hope that makes sense, I'm so bad at explaining!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Netflix works on tv without iPad
    No black bits
    Fills the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

soundsham wrote: »
    Netflix works on tv without iPad
    No black bits
    Fills the screen

I should have explained it better, I will be getting the iPad anyway for other use, so would connecting the iPad via cable result in filling the screen? instead of spending extra on the Apple TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

If you are with virgin, channel 300 is now Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

bop1977 wrote: »
    If you are with virgin, channel 300 is now Netflix.

Not with virgin unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Petal765 wrote: »
    I should have explained it better, I will be getting the iPad anyway for other use, so would connecting the iPad via cable result in filling the screen? instead of spending extra on the Apple TV?

Sorry don't know
    Have an Apple TV myself for Netflix
    I Don't use it on iPad

• Advertisement
Advertisement