Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan 3Arena, Dublin Friday 11 May 2017.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Will this sell out? Won't have money until friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Is it a three presale or is there any other?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

wacotaco wrote: »
    Will this sell out? Won't have money until friday..

I highly doubt it will sell out ,the tickets are a rip off ,65-121 euro plus fees.
    The prices for his gigs in the UK are around £50-80 inc fees ,and they are smaller venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is there any way of knowing what tickets are what prices? Ticketbastard just say €65 - €121. Isn't there normally a better breakdown of what Standing and Premium seats cost?

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing what tickets are what prices? Ticketbastard just say €65 - €121. Isn't there normally a better breakdown of what Standing and Premium seats cost?

Its an all seated concert.
    Prices will be similar to Rod Stewart in the 3arena Id imagine.
    128 euro inc fees for lower level seats and flat seating,100 euro for upper tier and a few 70 euro seats in the top corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Will this sell out ? Want to buy my Dad tickets but after Xmas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

With artists like Bowie, Prince and Leonard Cohen dying this year I'd say a lot of people are thinking it might be their last chance to see a great like Dylan. It might not sell out on the first morning but I reckon it absolutely will sell out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Whats with this 3plus presale lark. Never tried before but would love to get some good tickets. The presale on the 3plus site was not there last night, appeared at about 7:50 this morning, when i requested a code said it was experiencing problems three times, then within a minute all presale tickets snapped up.

edit - disappeared again about 5 mintues later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

What is the keyword to send to 51020 to get the password?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

On the 3plus page it says "Click the "text me code" button".

Anyone know where this button is?????

• Advertisement

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Whats with this 3plus presale lark. Never tried before but would love to get some good tickets. The presale on the 3plus site was not there last night, appeared at about 7:50 this morning, when i requested a code said it was experiencing problems three times, then within a minute all presale tickets snapped up.

edit - disappeared again about 5 mintues later

Does that mean all pre-sale tickets are gone? !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Choochtown wrote: »
    On the 3plus page it says "Click the "text me code" button".

Anyone know where this button is?????

You've not gone mad. There isn't one.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

You've not gone mad. There isn't one.

So what generally happens.
    Does a button appear?
    Do I keep re-loading the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Choochtown wrote: »
    So what generally happens.
    Does a button appear?
    Do I keep re-loading the page?

Seems that they have moved the pre-sale start time to tomorrow morning at 9am.

Text bob to 51020 for password

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going by the seating map it seems they're not curtaining off any of it like they did the last time. Which tickets cost 121 quid?! :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Nal wrote: »
    Going by the seating map it seems they're not curtaining off any of it like they did the last time.
    did the seating map the last time show it was being curtained off to begin with?

I always thought they would show the full seating and just not sell upper seats until the lower ones sell out and they are sure they have enough not to have to curtain off.
    Which tickets cost 121 quid?
    none, it will be nearer 128 with the fees!

and there are probably only 3 or 4 seats at the lowest price... Same marketing school as the likes of harvey normans. up to 99% off. While ticketmasters line is "tickets are 121, but in some crazy extremely exceptional circumstances some may have to pay a little more." Should be illegal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Was gonna get a ticket but then saw it was fully seated. Don't like seated gigs. Pass.

All flat seating is €121. Then 65 for the cheapos at the back and up to €121 for good seats.
    Sorry Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Noxin wrote: »
    Was gonna get a ticket but then saw it was fully seated. Don't like seated gigs. Pass.

Ah in fairness it's Bob Dylan. There won't be any lepping around in the mosh pit like.
    All flat seating is €121. Then 65 for the cheapos at the back and up to €121 for good seats.
    Sorry Bob.

Yep, pricey enough alright. Not every week a Nobel laureate plays the Point though. :)

Noxin wrote: »

Ah in fairness it's Bob Dylan. There won't be any lepping around in the mosh pit like.
    Sorry Bob.

Yep, pricey enough alright. Not every week a Nobel laureate plays the Point though. :)
    True, but tickets are twice the price of his last gig here in 2014. Which was excellent. 

Although most people I spoke to after hated it. They were (bizarrely) expecting 1966 Bob with the shades and the afro doing songs from Blonde on Blonde.

Heard someone say "I can't believe he didn't play The Hurricane." A song he hasn't played in over 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

True enough but I wouldn't be there for that either. I just prefer to stand at things like this.

They were (bizarrely) expecting 1966 Bob with the shades and the afro doing songs from Blonde on Blonde.

Heard someone say "I can't believe he didn't play The Hurricane." A song he hasn't played in over 40 years.
    I don't think its bizarre at all, quite understandable. Many people fell victim to the previous conmen promotors who played Hurricane in their TV adverts for the gigs which would suggest he plays it.

Not everybody knows you can easily check setlists online, even younger people I know who go to plenty of gigs and would be online were unaware they are so easily available. Any of the conmen creating these adverts would be well aware he is not going to play it, but deliberately included it to dube more punters in.

You can easily checkout youtube videos now that everybody and their mother is recording on phones at gigs.

rubadub wrote: »
    They were (bizarrely) expecting 1966 Bob with the shades and the afro doing songs from Blonde on Blonde.

I don't think its bizarre at all, quite understandable. Many people fell victim to the previous conmen promotors who played Hurricane in their TV adverts for the gigs which would suggest he plays it.

Not everybody knows you can easily check setlists online, even younger people I know who go to plenty of gigs and would be online were unaware they are so easily available. Any of the conmen creating these adverts would be well aware he is not going to play it, but deliberately included it to dube more punters in.

You can easily checkout youtube videos now that everybody and their mother is recording on phones at gigs.
    Dropping 60 + quid on a ticket and an evening out for anything without doing a bit of research first is silly. Gig, restaurant, movie, anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dylan has 1,000+ songs. He may play 20 of them in a given gig. You can't really go in with an expectation of any particular song getting played.

Dropping 60 + quid on a ticket and an evening out for anything without doing a bit of research first is silly. Gig, restaurant, movie, anything.
    And people do silly things all the time, is this really a surprise to you? you described it as bizarre, I think it's quite common.

Speaking of surprises some avoid reading setlists for that very reason.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    You can't really go in with an expectation of any particular song getting played.
    I think you can, I wonder if Paddy power would even give you odds on him not playing tangled up in blue at his next regular full set gig. The adverts would be playing several songs he is very likely to play.

I was in the point a year or so after the film Hurricane was released and remember people also shouting for it.

Sorry Bob.

The prices are ridiculous ,and something needs to be done about it.
    Its a cynical attempt to cash in on his nobel award .

I just checked there and you can get a good ticket on the floor in Liverpool for 71 pounds or ~ 85 euro .
    Its 128 euro for a similar seat in Dublin ,that's 50% more.

I saw him in the Marquee a few years ago,I think the tickets were ~70 euro ,that's more than enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw him back in 1993 at the Fleadh Mor Festival in Tramore, Waterford, his voice wasn't great but I can imagine it was a damn sight better than now, even though I wasn't impressed with the way he made some of the classic songs into 2 minute melodies, I was still glad I got to see him. This will probably be your last chance to catch him I can't imagine he will be up to touring that much after this stint.

Looking back it was a decent setlist.

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
    Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
    All Along the Watchtower
    The Man in Me
    Tangled Up in Blue
    Watching the River Flow
    Little Moses
    Tomorrow Night
    Boots of Spanish Leather
    It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
    Cat's in the Well
    Ballad of a Thin Man
    It Ain't Me, Babe

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dylan/1993/the-racecourse-waterford-ireland-7bd52674.html

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm just saying, never again.

Advertisement