Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower thoughts

• 10-12-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Easy tiger. This is a clean thread dedicated to the random thiughts that pop into your head when you space out a little...

Heres a few that have come to me

- when you brush your teeth, its the only time you clean your skeleton

- how come kids dont google translate their letters into the Finnish language seeings as Santa lives in Lapland

- at what point in evolution do people get into heaven. Half ape creature? Neanderthals? (Obviously its all made up etc etc)

- do good looking people have better looking skulls? Or are all skulls the same shape and their head muscles just grow in a nice way...

Anyways....please enter your own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

don't pick up the soap

https://reddit.com/r/showerthoughts

Just posting this here so people know where the most thanked shower thoughts came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I always try remember the names of the muscles in the body where I'm washing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you see an ad for shampoo there's always a woman in the shower washing her hair.

When you see an ad for toothpaste she's in front of a mirror brushing her teeth.

Why is it when you see an ad for tampons she's either playing squash or riding a bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

My most common thought when showering..(eyes closed)...

''Ohhhhhhh myyyyy Goooodddddddd, thissssss is lovvvvvelllyyyyyyyy''.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The only thought I ever have in the shower is,why can't I just stay here all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Normally as soon as I hop in the shower the radio station knock off the music and start some inane drivel conversation between the DJs.
    Gets me in a right hump for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Every since my shower went on fire my thoughts are to wash as quick as possible before I get fried by the shower.

Why do people in the movies shower facing the shower head, and I (and everyone else I've ever seen in the shower), face the other way?

Why isn't there a ledge built into the cubicle for putting your foot on while you shave your legs?

How do people who have showers with fixed heads give their less accessible areas a decent rinse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I W-W-WISH that makers of shampoo and conditioner would put them in different shaped bottles, or something.

I can't see a thing between soapsuds and steam and not having me binoculars on. Always grabbing the wrong bottle.

Vegetarian shower gel, I ask you!! Not to mention trying to shave the jewel-box with spray deodorant. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Why do they put the shampoo in a big bottle and the conditioner in a small bottle, seeing as you go through more conditioner, faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

A lot of these are thoughts about actual shower issues..

Kinda missing the point!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Who the feck keeps turning on the hot tap in the kitchen and freezing me!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

miss glitz asked me earlier why the Dept for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs is in Dublin. No idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Candie wrote: »
    Why do people in the movies shower facing the shower head, and I (and everyone else I've ever seen in the shower), face the other way?

Why isn't there a ledge built into the cubicle for putting your foot on while you shave your legs?

How do people who have showers with fixed heads give their less accessible areas a decent rinse?

There is so much WTF in this post...

You shower facing AWAY from the shower head? As in, you're looking at a toilet bowl while your back gets a nice rinse?

Do you do this in a public shower? eg after the gym, do you face the changing room letting everyone see your bits?

Whats wrong with bending down to shave your legs? Do you prop your foot up on a chair to tie your laces?

And regarding decent rinses, thats what your sponge is for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I face both towards the shower head and away from it, depending on which bit I am washing/rinsing.

Otherwise, what am I thinking?

I wonder does the top need to be taken off the drain to clean out the gunk.
    I wish I could get that rust spot off the tiles.
    I love that warm water on the back of my neck.
    Did I take my hearing aid out?

And other such inconsequential rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I surveyed 100 women and asked them what shampoo they used when showering. 98 of them said, "How the fcuk did you get in here?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There is so much WTF in this post...

You shower facing AWAY from the shower head? As in, you're looking at a toilet bowl while your back gets a nice rinse?

Do you do this in a public shower? eg after the gym, do you face the changing room letting everyone see your bits?

Whats wrong with bending down to shave your legs? Do you prop your foot up on a chair to tie your laces?

And regarding decent rinses, thats what your sponge is for!

Do you think everybody's bathroom is the exact same as yours?

When I face away from the shower, ahead I'm facing a nice tiled wall in the shower unit not a toilet.

Also in a public shower whilst naked why would you be worried about people seeing 'your bits'. Only Irish people seem to have strange worries like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I go into such a little trance in the shower. I could just stand there for half an hour, no problem. I don't even know what I do be thinking about, I'm just standing there, staring into space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I try & mediate for two minutes while in the shower with the water lashing down, it clears the mind as well as the body, should try it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I go into such a little trance in the shower. I could just stand there for half an hour, no problem. I don't even know what I do be thinking about, I'm just standing there, staring into space...

Happens to my wife all the time... I end up having to walk in there to get her to get a move on.. She's usually got this glazed over nobody at home look on her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Why do people in the movies shower facing the shower head

Because that's the way most people do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I think of nothing. ...literally nothing...my mind do be working a million miles a minute and shower is only time I switch off properly to concentrate on something

I loose track of time,relaxing in the warmth of it =)

I usually look up and think, "I must fix that hole in the roof!".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

- how come kids dont google translate their letters into the Finnish language seeings as Santa lives in Lapland
    Wouldn't Santa use one of the local Sami dialects ?

Wouldn't Santa use one of the local Sami dialects ?

**shakes head**

He's not real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Back to the shower head is way better

I do my best thinking in the shower

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

**shakes head**

He's not real
    :eek:

:eek:

I'm sorry

Though afaik the old saint it's based off of is....St Nicolas (though he don't give presents so boo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Often tried to figure out what a tracker mortgage is and how do they get the figs into those fig rolls.

I'm sorry

Though afaik the old saint it's based off of is....St Nicolas (though he don't give presents so boo)
    Oh him ?

Nah, he's buried down in Jerpoint Abbey. But it can't be him because I got pressies since.

BTW St Valentine is in Whitefriar Street Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

'Do I need to shave?' 'How long can I stay in here before a kid comes in?' 'I must clean these doors tomorrow'. Fairly run of the mill innocuous stuff.

I love a good hot shower, I've been known to stay in there for half an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Google translate is terrible for Finnish - kids would probably end up getting something completely different to what they asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Did the last person to use the soap clean their arse with it before they finished ?

I reckon they did, 'cos you wouldn't clean your arse first and your face last.

next thought...have we any shower gel left?

IF not...wash the soap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I normally wonder, who has had a wee in this shower before, isn't it disgusting having a wee in the shower, people can behave like animals sometimes and finally, hmm will I have a wee in the shower.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

OP I'll answer all these for you right now:

Teeth are not bones. They are hardened calcium coated in enamel.

He lives in the North Pole. But the only holiday visit to Santa is Lapland so.. yeah.

- at what point in evolution do people get into heaven. Half ape creature? Neanderthals? (Obviously its all made up etc etc)

That never happened. God created us in 6 days and rested the 7th? Read the bible.

- do good looking people have better looking skulls? Or are all skulls the same shape and their head muscles just grow in a nice way...

The shape of the skull would define cheek bones and nose size, the rest is muscle tissue and fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

OP I'll answer all these for you right now:

Teeth are not bones. They are hardened calcium coated in enamel.

He lives in the North Pole. But the only holiday visit to Santa is Lapland so.. yeah.

That never happened. God created us in 6 days and rested the 7th? Read the bible.

The shape of the skull would define cheek bones and nose size, the rest is muscle tissue and fat.
    Chancer3001 will never shower again, now that there is nothing left to think about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Chancer3001 will never shower again, now that there is nothing left to think about.

Dirty divil altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Filthy basturd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

yes.

It defines the shape of the face. Symmetry is a big one but also things like cheek-bones and jaw-line. Other things include height, hip-width and limb to torso proportions.

Of course things like body-fat, musculature and...what's it called again? Per-son-al-ity? All come into our perception of how attractive someone is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

For movies? It's because if the person were facing out then their chest would be visible and this world be considered gratuitous nudity. A shot from behind the shower wall would be possible but trickier to make a set for and well...it just wouldn't make a nice shot.

And yeah, many people shower that way anyway.

It would be a nuisance to build without leakage issues and painful to fall against.

Builders don't like making their lives difficult.

SPLASH-SPLASH GRUN-WHOOP-SPLURGLE!

Advertisement