Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester V Man City

• 10-12-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭

Lovely goal from Vardy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Oh lord what a goal. 2-0

Peplol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Jaysus... Has Bravo saved anything this season??

Looked like he hadn't a clue what he doing

Jaysus.... Pathetic attempt again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Is Pep a busted flush?

Embarassing stuff from City so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pmsl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

What the actual **** is going on?

This is fantastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a start !!!!

Masala wrote: »
    Jaysus... Has Bravo saved anything this season??

Looked like he hadn't a clue what he doing

He looks a very very easy keeper to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Can someone explain why the Pep busted flush thread was locked?

Jayop wrote: »

Judge him when he gets the 10 more players he needs to make them into challengers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Amazing how City fall apart when any two of their spine is missing. In recent times it was always Kompany and Silva. Fernandinho is a massive loss, and obviously having Sagna or Kolarov as makeshift CB is a disaster waiting to happen.

Johner wrote: »
    Judge him when he gets the 10 more players he needs to make them into challengers. :pac:

Do u see the city bench??? It could bear Leicester on their own

Masala wrote: »
    Do u see the city bench??? It could bear Leicester on their own

Similar things were said countless times last year until Leicester ran away with the league completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

They're 4 points off the top of the league with well over half a season to go.

Amazing that he's not getting anything like the abuse Jose gets especially given city spend nearly 30m more than United and we're coming from a higher base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Laughable, really. Vardy hadn't scored since my clothes were last in fashion. And it takes him 3 minutes to bag one against us today. I swear to God, we must be a registered charity.
    :(

AgileMyth wrote: »
    They're 4 points off the top of the league with well over half a season to go.

If it stays like this and Chelsea win then they are 7 points off the top. And even worse if spurs win then they will fall out of the top 4 as well.

Given the fact that they were already a top side, they spent 175m and they look brutal at the moment then surely questioning him is justified.

blueser wrote: »
    Laughable, really. Vardy hadn't scored since my clothes were last in fashion. And it takes him 3 minutes to bag one against us today. I swear to God, we must be a registered charity.
    :(

I can't get over how bad you are at the back given how many of the cb you bought looked amazing and I'd have been delighted had we got them.
    Bravo looks a joke compared to Hart who was a top keeper imo.

Vardy!! 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Holy **** 3-0. What are Man City at?

• Advertisement

Great goal.

Seriously embarrassing from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have Leicester been playing the long con all along?

Sunday league teams wouldn't defend that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

pep is a bald fraud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pep and defensive organisation never work

I can't get over how bad you are at the back given how many of the cb you bought looked amazing and I'd have been delighted had we got them.
    Bravo looks a joke compared to Hart who was a top keeper imo.
    Make that two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So when will Pep get rightfully lambasted by the masses, and particularly media?

Klopp was questioned after the Burnley loss and Mourinho has been criticised everywhere.

And none of this 'it takes a while to implement what he wants' nonsense. I just don't buy it.

Amazing that he's not getting anything like the abuse Jose gets especially given city spend nearly 30m more than United and we're coming from a higher base.

Good reason for that. Jose went from hero to zero as Chelsea in spectacularly impressive fashion and has United playing a standard of football only slightly better then Van Gaal's tripe. All whilst struggling in the league and making Europa League almost top priority with the most expensive squad in history when fans were already envisioning Premier League silverware upon his announcement. Pep won the German double last year and lost in the semis of the CL to an incredible Atletico team and this year has City playing some devastating yet inconsistent football and easily secured progression to the next round of the CL in a pretty tough group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vicxas wrote: »
    Have Leicester been playing the long con all along?

"Let them get 20 points ahead. Then we pounce."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He will start to now I feel. The reason jose got all the abuse is because utd are mid table with the highest paid squad in the league.

SlickRic wrote: »
    So when will Pep get rightfully lambasted by the masses, and particularly media?

Klopp was questioned after the Burnley loss and Mourinho has been criticised everywhere.

And none of this 'it takes a while to implement what he wants' nonsense. I just don't buy it.

When journalists rub the little lovehearts out of their eyes.

Mahrez's touch there was sublime considering the conditions. F*ck me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In a thread involving Leicester and Man City, must you really try to make things about United? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Also, this is all proof that the Premier League is actually a fúcking tough league. It has so many detractors but nothing comes easily.

Pep's teams have always been vulnerable to the counter attack. But his Barcelona team could monopolise possession with some of the best players ever, and Bayern are out of everyone's league in Germany.

The Premier League is a different story. Because everyone is wealthy, you have to respect every team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mahrez's first touch for Vardy was outrageous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pepsi Granola will never have seen a league like this before, he is a victim of circumstance.
    Brendan Rogers could have done what he done at Barca and Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Mahrez's first touch for Vardy was outrageous!

''shockingly bad or excessive.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

To be fair Bayern don't look themselves without him. For now anyway.

martyos121 wrote: »
    In a thread involving Leicester and Man City, must you really try to make things about United? :confused:

I'm not. If you read what I said it started all about the Pep and city. I was using the point that he had spent so much to emphasize the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where is this **** coming from. They have been doing well up to last week. Are you saying he should have been lambasted before last week.

• Advertisement

Get one back before the hour mark and we're back in this.

"Nurse; my medication, please."

:o

Nice haircut, Michael Oliver.

Really hip.

Should that tackle on Iheanacho not have been a penalty?

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where is this **** coming from. They have been doing well up to last week. Are you saying he should have been lambasted before last week.

2 wins in the last 7.
    1 win at home in all comps since the 17th of September.

Yeah I'd say he should be criticized.

blueser wrote: »
    Get one back before the hour mark and we're back in this.

"Nurse; my medication, please."

:o

Keep the faith man. I'm still dreaming we can win the league lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah now I'm not a massive fan of Guardiola myself, but to suggest that Jurgen Klopp of all people has received criticism, while Guardiola gets none, is absolutely ludicrous. Klopp has the media sniffing his arse with every word.

Ah now I'm not a massive fan of Guardiola myself, but to suggest that Jurgen Klopp of all people has received criticism while Guardiola gets none is absolutely ludicrous. Klopp has the media sniffing his arse with every word.

Careful, you'll be accused of bringing Liverpool into it.

Also, this is all proof that the Premier League is actually a fúcking tough league. It has so many detractors but nothing comes easily.

Pep's teams have always been vulnerable to the counter attack. But his Barcelona team could monopolise possession with some of the best players ever, and Bayern are out of everyone's league in Germany.

The Premier League is a different story. Because everyone is wealthy, you have to respect every team.

If his Bayern and Barca teams were in the EPL they'd have walked them.

Every game is more difficult if your team is no good, that is what has been proved so far with Guardiola in Engalnd.

Looking on the bright side here; that's 20-odd minutes without conceding. We're on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Leicester in full flow are the best team to watch in football.

I don't know if Guardiolas tactics are arrogant or naive. To actually set a defensive up like that, against Leicester :pac:

It's like weve fallen into a time machine and Guardiola is still spouting this nonsense of "we'll outpass Leicester, be grand".

• Advertisement
Advertisement