Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester V Man City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jayop wrote: »
    2 wins in the last 7.
    1 win at home in all comps since the 17th of September.

Yeah I'd say he should be criticized.

Well If you think he should be criticized don't be moaning jose is getting abuse so. Why are we all so fast to criticize managers at any bad run of form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Leicester in full flow are the best team to watch in football.

I don't know if Guardiolas tactics are arrogant or naive. To actually set a defensive up like that, against Leicester :pac:

It's like weve fallen into a time machine and Guardiola is still spouting this nonsense of "we'll outpass Leicester, be grand".

Not sure about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well If you think he should be criticized don't be moaning jose is getting abuse so. Why are we all so fast to criticize managers at any bad run of form

I'm not moaning about it. Criticism he gets is justified. No problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Keep the faith man. I'm still dreaming we can win the league lol.
    I've had bleaker days, down in the third tier in 98/99, but I didn't expect a lot in those days as we were pure sh1t. With the players we have now though (not counting the defence, obviously!), I'd be expecting a bit more consistency. Beat Barca a few weeks back, then today; 3 down in 20 bloody minutes.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

City have 76% Possession :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Leicester rolling back the year.

City have 76% Possession :pac: :pac: :pac:
    Big bloody deal. It doesn't matter if we have 90% possession, if we look like conceding every time the opposition go forward. I'm picturing Sanchez ticking off the days on a calendar this coming week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I don't know if Guardiolas tactics are arrogant or naive. To actually set a defensive up like that, against Leicester :pac:

It's like weve fallen into a time machine and Guardiola is still spouting this nonsense of "we'll outpass Leicester, be grand".

Not sure about that.

There is nothing better or more exciting than precise counter attacking football. That's why Pep ball without Messi is quite dull to be honest.

The two touches by Mahrez for the two Vardy goals were out of this world by the way. A subtle genius.

I'm another big fan if the counter attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hyperbole!!

There is nothing better or more exciting than precise counter attacking football. That's why Pep ball without Messi is quite dull to be honest.

The two touches by Mahrez for the two Vardy goals were out of this world by the way. A subtle genius.

I hate tiki taka but these days Leicester play well once in a blue moon, so they really aren't that great to watch.

Borussia Dortmund,Liverpool play like this on a fairly regular basis. Cheslea have been playing great counter attacking football on a consistent basis also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pepsi Granola will never have seen a league like this before, he is a victim of circumstance.
    Brendan Rogers could have done what he done at Barca and Bayern.

10 wins before he first faced Rodgers, things gone to sh1te for Pep since.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where is this **** coming from. They have been doing well up to last week. Are you saying he should have been lambasted before last week.

It's absolute rubbish that wasn't coming out when they were winning. When are the media going to start calling out a team 'in trouble' who are actually just four points off top spot? Desperate stuff.

There are as many easy games in England as anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Sounds like its not going well. Saw the starting 11 beforehand and feared the worst for City, a squad that is in the process of being revamped but still far too much dead wood weighing it down.

Can we replay those first 20 minutes again?

• Advertisement

Sounds like its not going well. Saw the starting 11 beforehand and feared the worst for City, a squad that is in the process of being revamped but still far too much dead wood weighing it down.

He may be having a tough time right now but that's no way to talk about Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This really is abysmal from City.

blueser wrote: »
    Can we replay those first 20 minutes again?

Thank God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He may be having a tough time right now but that's no way to talk about Guardiola.

You know over time I've kind of become fond of you, you've slowly grown on me, like a fungus, so I'm gonna let you slide on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If he buys Barca front 3 in January he might be ok

• Advertisement

That's some finish

Stones!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Stones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Some finish

Everton busting themselves with laughter right about now. How they got what they did for Stones was a miracle.

If he buys Barca front 3 in January he might be ok
    It's the other end of the pitch he needs to address. At least 1 (probably 2)CBs and a LB and RB are needed. If we could tighten things up at the back, Bravo wouldn't seem to be so much of a liability.

*edit* 4-0 Vardy hat trick. If I had a cat, it'd be in mortal danger tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jon Stones 50 million pounds :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I already knew John Stones can't defend, but apparently he can't do the things he's supposed to be good at either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Is this the same squad you were drooling over saying they were playing the best football the premier league had ever seen?

No pizza for the Leicester boys though.

• Advertisement

Time running out if we're going to get anything from tonight.

Its such a pity Leicester p1ssed about the last few months in league. Clearly still well capable to be a top 4/5 team IF they found a bit of balance in the squad.

Haha sick as a dog. I've stuck with Vardy for the last month in FF and removed him last night for Sanchez. Typical

Great finish by Vardy and a lovely free kick today. Loads of great goals all day.

Guardioball went pear shaped today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Great finish by Vardy and a lovely free kick today. Loads of great goals all day.

Jeff Hendrick's the pick of the lot

Its such a pity Leicester p1ssed about the last few months in league. Clearly still well capable to be a top 4/5 team IF they found a bit of balance in the squad.

Its might be no surprise that this result comes after playing a very weak team in the champions league.

Playing practically the same 11 got an entire season and again twice a week surely took its toll.

Is this the same squad you were drooling over saying they were playing the best football the premier league had ever seen?

I am sure you have twisted his words of course...............

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

2 wins in the last 7.
    1 win at home in all comps since the 17th of September.

Yeah I'd say he should be criticized.

He gets plenty of criticism, especially about pfaffing about at the back.

Mourinho gets more because he isn't new to the league and he is in 6th after spending a shed load of money.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

City still in shock after the Chelsea game.

Stop trying to wreck this City, we're laughing here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I like City.

Typical. Go 4 down, THEN we decide to score a couple of goals. "Stable door", "horse" and "bolted" spring to mind.

Its might be no surprise that this result comes after playing a very weak team in the champions league.

Playing practically the same 11 got an entire season and again twice a week surely took its toll.

Essentially what I said. the reason they won the league last year was the freak luck they got with injuries. Same team every week last season essentially. Rest midweek. Not many good teams get that luxury.

Its a simple and obvious cliche but its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Win tomorrow and go 7 pts clear of City, great opportunity to put points between us and City.

• Advertisement

Essentially what I said. the reason they won the league last year was the freak luck they got with injuries. Same team every week last season essentially. Rest midweek. Not many good teams get that luxury.

Its a simple and obvious cliche but its true.
    How many games did they play last season? I think they went out of both domestic cups early enough. And, of course, no European football. 45 games at the most. And a freakish lack of injuries to their main men. Anyway, well done to them for both last season and tonight.

K-9 wrote: »
    He gets plenty of criticism, especially about pfaffing about at the back.

Mourinho gets more because he isn't new to the league and he is in 6th after spending a shed load of money.

Guardiola spent almost 30m more on a team that were already strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Don't get me wrong, I think any manager getting a load of stick at this stage of the season is a bit mental. But that's where we're at, and all managers get it. Pep shouldn't be immune, and he normally is.

One of his disciples Balague is already out on Twitter defending Pep saying how could it be his fault when City are 2-0 down within 5 minutes.

The problem is, Pep has never been able to figure out properly how to combat direct counter attacking football IMO. His answer to combating it would be 'keep the ball better, and win it back quicker than we are'. But if your players aren't good enough, and your defenders aren't good enough, then maybe you should figure out another way.

I just think it's a blindspot he has. He's so dogmatic in how he believes the game should be played that, for example, he buys Stones for £50m because he's a great footballer.

The fact is, in England, more than Germany or Spain, you have teams who've no problem packing the middle and going ultra direct. City should've beaten Chelsea last week, but couldn't handle Chelsea's directness on the counter.

Also, has Bravo let in every shot he's faced for the last few games?

Lots of problems for Pep to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Pep is partly at fault imo

Citys worst players are their full backs - he plays three of them, none at full back.
    City were flying with a midfield of Fernandinho, KDB and Silva. Gundogan then got fit and he changed to three at the back to squeeze all four into the team. He should play only three of those four imo.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I think any manager getting a load of stick at this stage of the season is a bit mental. But that's where we're at, and all managers get it. Pep shouldn't be immune, and he normally is.

One of his disciples Balague is already out on Twitter defending Pep saying how could it be his fault when City are 2-0 down within 5 minutes.

Balague's a dope though, and he's just one example. Guardiola's received nothing but criticism over the Bravo situation since day one (rightly so), but that doesn't fit your "Guardiola faces no criticism" agenda. He has plenty of detractors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement