Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOVING TO GRANGE DOUGLAS, CORK

Options
  • 10-12-2016 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm soon to move to Grange Douglas, Cork ( near the Donnybrook Hill side)
    I work in Ovens, can anyone tell me how long it should take to get to Ovens from Grange in rush hour traffic.
    Tk you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Best bet is to either a) try it out b) put it into google maps at like 8:00/10/20 and see what it says. Make sure to have traffic included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from Accommodation and Property. Local forum charter applies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

If you leave before 8 then the traffic down towards the Kinsale Rd roundabout shouldn't be too bad and once on the south ring you should be fine.
    However anytime after that and you are liable to be in traffic backed up past the junction with airport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

In rush hour? 40-45 minutes i'd say. It's really a case of how you get to the N40. I'd personally go through Frankfield and merge with the N40 at the Kinsale Road interchange. You'll likely spend 20-30 minutes in traffic through Grange/Frankfield. It's pretty much a straight shot after that as most of the rush hour traffic is going the other way. Maybe 10-15 minutes down the N40 to EMC/Dell from Frankfield/Kinsale Road entrance to the N40.

Alternatively you could merge with the N40 at DSC in Douglas West. I personally think the traffic would be worse on this side because of the schools. After that it's another straight shot to EMC/Dell.

Give yourself an hour to get to work and try both these routes. Thats the only way to know how long it takes via the fastest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

From someone living up in Donnybrook, if you can get onto Frankfield or Donnybrook before 7.45 than you are laughing. Going down through Douglas and entering the South Link is slightly easier as you avoid the junction at the bottom of Airport Hill and have the flyover. As somebody said, just give it a go some morning if you can. The thing is, once your on the Link its plain sailing as the majority of traffic will be coming against you. Over time you'll pick up the wee local tips and tricks. If your really determined to beat the traffic, shoot up Cooneys Lane, either by turning left at the Pinecroft or at the top of Donnybrook, follow it to the end, then stay straight on instead of going left for the Airport Roundabout, come out at the junction of Forge Hill/Airport Road and then you have the option of joining the link at the Kinsale Roundabout, or at the bottom of Forge Hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

CianDon wrote: »
    From someone living up in Donnybrook, if you can get onto Frankfield or Donnybrook before 7.45 than you are laughing. Going down through Douglas and entering the South Link is slightly easier as you avoid the junction at the bottom of Airport Hill and have the flyover. As somebody said, just give it a go some morning if you can. The thing is, once your on the Link its plain sailing as the majority of traffic will be coming against you. Over time you'll pick up the wee local tips and tricks. If your really determined to beat the traffic, shoot up Cooneys Lane, either by turning left at the Pinecroft or at the top of Donnybrook, follow it to the end, then stay straight on instead of going left for the Airport Roundabout, come out at the junction of Forge Hill/Airport Road and then you have the option of joining the link at the Kinsale Roundabout, or at the bottom of Forge Hill
    Farmers Cross -> Five Mile Bridge -> Ballinhassig -> Bandon Rd -> N44

If you're really REALLY determined :D

Advertisement