Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Home Broadband 4G 100GB

Options
  • 10-12-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Good evening.
    I was wondering if it is possible to avail of the Eir landline and Broadband 4g Bundle. My current landline only supports 1 Mb :) so using the 4g with 100GB limit would be very helpful. 
    I am currently using Meteor for mobile broadband where i can get downloads of over 20Mb and using a dedicated router can boost the signal so that is it consistant.

I saw where Eir have two options I am interested in 
    Off-Peak & Eir Home Broadband 4G 100GB €55
    Anytime Mobile/UK & Eir Home Broadband 4G 100GB €62

How does one sign up for this? I tried my best today to find out information on it :)
    First through the the online chat, and then though phone calls. Sadly the person on line was not aware of the deal and suggested I contact sales. I did this but I was passed around between landline, mobile and back to landline teams, only then to a message saying the lines were busy and then the call dropped. So I figured might try here and see if I have better luck :) 

I was told I would have to buy the router at €49 even though I do not need a 4G router as i have an unlocked dedicated 4G Router to boost the weak 4G signal I am guessing I am not required to pay for something that I do not need. I only need the sim :) 

If you can provide me with some help on how one gets the plan and bundle it all into one and get my 100Gb limit, would really make my life a lot easier here in Rural west of Ireland :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Good evening.
    I was wondering if it is possible to avail of the Eir landline and Broadband 4g Bundle. My current landline only supports 1 Mb :) so using the 4g with 100GB limit would be very helpful. 
    I am currently using Meteor for mobile broadband where i can get downloads of over 20Mb and using a dedicated router can boost the signal so that is it consistant.

I saw where Eir have two options I am interested in 
    Off-Peak & Eir Home Broadband 4G 100GB €55
    Anytime Mobile/UK & Eir Home Broadband 4G 100GB €62

How does one sign up for this? I tried my best today to find out information on it :)
    First through the the online chat, and then though phone calls. Sadly the person on line was not aware of the deal and suggested I contact sales. I did this but I was passed around between landline, mobile and back to landline teams, only then to a message saying the lines were busy and then the call dropped. So I figured might try here and see if I have better luck :) 

I was told I would have to buy the router at €49 even though I do not need a 4G router as i have an unlocked dedicated 4G Router to boost the weak 4G signal I am guessing I am not required to pay for something that I do not need. I only need the sim :) 

If you can provide me with some help on how one gets the plan and bundle it all into one and get my 100Gb limit, would really make my life a lot easier here in Rural west of Ireland :)
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]northwestramble,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend calling into any of our eir stores & they will be able to assist you with this. Alternatively our sales team can assist on 1800503303. Is this the number you called?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Pamela
    That was indeed the number. My guess is that the sales teams seem to divide Mobile Broadband separate than landline broadband and when mixing a landline with mobile broadband as a package, this rare mix as a the process is not quiet mapped out when people call in. I was hoping you might have been able to confirm if the offer was still available so I could tell the sales people on the phone the exact name on the system Eir sales use for the Bundle to avoid any confusion this time around. 

I will give it another try this evening and see how I get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela
    That was indeed the number. My guess is that the sales teams seem to divide Mobile Broadband separate than landline broadband and when mixing a landline with mobile broadband as a package, this rare mix as a the process is not quiet mapped out when people call in. I was hoping you might have been able to confirm if the offer was still available so I could tell the sales people on the phone the exact name on the system Eir sales use for the Bundle to avoid any confusion this time around. 

I will give it another try this evening and see how I get on :)
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]northwestramble,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]let me know how you get on.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

is this still available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Rockin wrote: »
    is this still available ?
    Hi Rockin, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

You can view our mobile broadband plans here, this advises you on all details. If you have any further queries on this our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to assist you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Rockin, 

You can view our mobile broadband plans here, this advises you on all details. If you have any further queries on this our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to assist you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

No sign of that plan on that link Tracey ?

Hi Rockin, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

The plans on the link provided are the only plans we have in place. The plan above is no longer available I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Rockin, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

The plans on the link provided are the only plans we have in place. The plan above is no longer available I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey 

FYI 

Spoke to sales - still available 

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/eir_home_broadband_4g_100gb_offer_terms.pdf

Apologies for the confusion here.

I'm delighted to hear the offer is still available to you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement