Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V West Ham 4:30 Sky S1 & Internet.

• 10-12-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'll get this in now just in case Virgin Media have another melt down.

<snip>

West Ham vs Liverpool Preview & Lineups: Liverpool’s 3-4 defeat against AFC Bournemouth last weekend was a surprise and they will be eager to put that behind with another solid performance this time around. Of course that Bournemouth game was the first of many without Coutinho and if Liverpool drop points against West Ham it will put a massive dent of their title challenge.

West Ham on the other hand are coming into this game on the back of two terrible defeats against Arsenal (premier league) and Manchester United (League Cup). Last time they played Liverpool was back in February when West Ham ran out 2-1 winners in the FA Cup run.

West Ham defeated Liverpool three times last season, twice in the league and in FA Cup 5th round. This is a perfect fixture for West Ham to get back some confidence after couple of big defeats last week.
    West Ham will be hoping to defeat Liverpool for the third time this year having completed the league double over Liverpool for the first time since 1963. While Liverpool has had a superb week with a 5-4 win over Norwich and qualifying for the final of 2016 Capital One Cup. However Klopp must be feeling frustrated as Liverpool let 4 goals against struggling Norwich and they failed to get the better of Stoke on normal time, West Ham posses a potent attack who can give any team a run for their money and Liverpool would know that having conceded 5 and scoring 0 against West Ham in the 2 premier league games this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I give up predicting Liverpool games tbh. I think we have enough to win but we have enough to screw ourselves also......Lets go with 4-2......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

NukaCola wrote: »
    I give up predicting Liverpool games tbh. I think we have enough to win but we have enough to screw ourselves also......Lets go with 4-2......

West Ham are terrible, I didn't particularly fancy you against Bournemouth but WH at home? Easy Liverpool win.

West Ham are terrible, I didn't particularly fancy you against Bournemouth but WH at home? Easy Liverpool win.

West Ham are terrible and I agree we should win but I'd worry a bit if Matip is out....should be no excuses against a side in terrible form and playing dreadful football......

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Only Coutinho should be missing from the first choice XI tomorrow by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think West Ham are a better side away from home and are a far better team than what their results have shown this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hasn't gone right at all so far for West Ham but the move to the new stadium has caused some of their problems and I have a lot of time for Bilic, I think he'll get them winning sooner rather than later.

Tricky game to call really. Both sides got burned last weekend in different ways. So both will be hoping for a good reaction and if both play to their best or close to it then Liverpool will edge it but if West Ham give a big response and Liverpool play like the last couple of outings then there's no reason why West Ham can't get a result.
    If Bilic has been watching Liverpool lately then your first thought is to test Karius as much as possible, be it from distance if necessary, just test him.

Hope (and think) Liverpool will have a bit too much for them overall though, so 2-1 Liverpool for me. Will be close though.

Payet will test Karius a few times......not looking forward to that tbh.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I predict a riot.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I predict a riot.

4-0 to west ham is 500/1. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote: »
    Payet will test Karius a few times......not looking forward to that tbh.....

Doubt any Liverpool fan is looking forward to seeing Karius being tested with even a back pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ERG89 wrote: »
    Doubt any Liverpool fan is looking forward to seeing Karius being tested with even a back pass.

Or even a goal kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

West Ham are a good candidate for the worst team in the league at the moment, so this is the perfect game for Liverpool following on from their collapse at Bournemouth last week. On the flip side, West Ham are not playing at home, which is a bonus for them, I believe and I suspect that they are playing for Bilic's future, so we might see a performance from them. Still think Liverpool will win this but the score is anyone's guess.

LFC should be back to normal against West Ham, convincing home win likely but I don't care what it looks like as long as we get 3 points.

I expect we won't see Lucas alongside Lovren in a PL game again so our back 4 going forward should have 3 defenders playing in their favoured positions with Milner at wing back (excelling there so that's grand). I think Matip is more or less certain to start today so we should be fine at the back.

Karius is a worry, if he bounces back from last weeks awful performance with a good few saves today than we'll know we have potentially a good keeper on our hands from an attitude perspective at least. I'd hope to see him have next to nothing to do but I reckon West Ham will be shooting whenever possible and playing balls into the box towards the 6 yard area. Andy Carroll I expect will relish the opportunity so Matip being back is brilliant.

Lallana starting is great too, I expect he'll be in midfield so a front 3 of Firmino, Origi & Mane.

2 of Henderson, Can & Wij to be chosen from, I can't see Henderson being dropped but I think Can might be.

I think Firmino will score today, he hasn;t scored in the PL for a few games and he's better than a 1 in 3 striker, he'll be close to that if he doesn't see a shot going in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I think West Ham are a better side away from home and are a far better team than what their results have shown this season.

I watched them 3 times in the past 10 days or so and they looked completely shattered, individuals roaming around and no teamwork, they look like they've already given up playing for Bilic which is odd seeing as i thought he would'nt stand for that kind of attitude from his team.
    The worst performances from a team i've seen in the league this year and that's saying a lot.

I hope Bilic makes it through and turns them around because i like him, but if he could wait until next week that would be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The result last week was disappointing of course, but i'd be more disappointed if we react badly to it. We reacted to the defeat at Burnley by going 15 games undefeated. I want something similar now and against a poor West Ham team whose players don't seem to care all that much, we should be winning this very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Strong selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd have kept Can myself for his physical presence.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd have kept Can myself for his physical presence.

I think he picked up an injury, ruling him out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Club says can has picked up a slight knee injury not thought to be serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I really hope they all say to themselves 'I will dare', so that we won't be left feeling unsatisfied.
    Can't hardly wait now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ERG89 wrote: »

He really isn't that bad. Best thing to do after a mistake is get back on the horse and go again.

Good that Klopp is sticking by him.

ricero wrote: »
    Club says can has picked up a slight knee injury not thought to be serious

Nice that we have a decent squad now so that we won't really miss him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Origi through middle again?

Why move firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How's Randolph doing for West Ham this year, anyone know?

Doing great.
    Best player they have this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Perfect start, get in llama!

Ok, great start. We need four more to make this game safe.

Not often you can say, "That was coming", after five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

:pac:

Lallana :)
    My fav player in the starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Lovely finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Great play by Origi for the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Boom

Cool , calm and collected a goal for his tally.
    He really is no longer the headless chicken in the box .

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Not often you can say, "That was coming", after five minutes.

Your GF would disagree .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was some outstanding attacking play from Liverpool

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

go to the toilet and miss the goal :( typical. great though by lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Keep at them. Their heads are fragile. Go two nil and they will fall apart.

BMMachine wrote: »
    go to the toilet and miss the goal :( typical. great though by lallana

Rookie mistake. Always pee after YNWA and 'it's live" ad break.

• Advertisement

West Ham have the players but they don't gel
    We gel a a lot , Can, Lallana, Karius, Henderson so much gel .

Doesn't get enough credit for it but Matip is a really excellent passer. Could play midfield no bother and has done for Schalke at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

West Ham have the players but they don't gel
    We gel a a lot , Can, Lallana, Karius, Henderson so much gel .

So much so, Nivea sponsor them.

Savage Ballitch must be pulling his very expensive hair out .

Your GF would disagree .

:pac:

Well played, Toby! :D

I think Matip is preprogrammed AI. Never puts a foot wrong, and I'm pretty sure he's never ever had a facial expression.

RoboKop in the backline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    I think Matip is preprogrammed AI. Never puts a foot wrong, and I'm pretty sure he's never ever had a facial expression.

RoboKop in the backline.

Just another rarnes account....

We're starting to get a bit cocky with the passing around the back. Get the second goal first.

West Ham are having a go. Should suit us.another before HT be nice :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    We're starting to get a bit cocky with the passing around the back. Get the second goal first.

Players should be confident at anytime to pass the ball. Not just when winning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement