Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career switch to data science

Options
  • 10-12-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi so a bit about me I'm a qualified secondary maths teacher in my mid to late 20s over the past year or two I've found that I've hit a ceiling so to speak I enjoy working with the students but I really need a new challenge now. my priorities have changed and I want to be in a job that will constantly challenge me to reach my potential and has good career prospects going in to the future. I don't even care about the holidays anymore. my friend is studying computer science and I find IT particularly data analytics to be very interesting as I'm a bit of a maths head already What can I do to make myself more employable in this field. How could I land a junior analyst role? I've been looking at the prof diploma in data analytics in UCD can anyone recommend it? I've also been tipping away myself learning about access, entity relationships etc. And brushing up on my stats it's actually great fun! Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated !

Advertisement