Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euronet ATM & other Independent machines in Ireland

• 10-12-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

One of these has been installed in my local Supervalu store. I've used one or two others, but not this brand, round the town in the past, just to withdraw a few bob with my debit card and didn't incur a transaction fee for this.

Is it safe these days to use these machines for just withdrawing cash in euro and soley in IRELAND without risking incurring a transaction fee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

danjo-xx wrote: »
    One of these has been installed in my local Supervalu store. I've used one or two others, but not this brand, round the town in the past, just to withdraw a few bob with my debit card and didn't incur a transaction fee for this.

Is it safe these days to use these machines for just withdrawing cash in euro and soley in IRELAND without risking incurring a transaction fee.

I used a Euronet ATM to withdraw €50 and they charged me a €5 fee. I used my Revolut card which it recognised as UK but was loaded only with Euro. The ATM only displayed Euro options and never gave me a currency exchange option or asked me to agree to a fee. There was no mention of £. When I go the receipt I saw the fee and that they had done a calculation which converted €50 to £ and then back to €! After a lot of hassle I got the charge refunded but then they "accidentally" took another €50. Very bad experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

gawd that's a scary experience, hope you got your €50 back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

danjo-xx wrote: »
    gawd that's a scary experience, hope you got your €50 back.

I did in the end. They were just a pain to deal with.

Advertisement