Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House break-in - what do I do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Tell who ever is in the attic to pony up some rent, the boom is back and you'll make a killing on it. (pun intended)... I'll get my coat, just give me a minute to get down these attic stairs, awkward as fook they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

TheIT wrote: »
    How much would it cost, around €400 your man said yesterday. Now, this isn't being funny, but what should I do about the noises in the attic?

Yeah turn up your music and turn down the voices inside your head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Tell you what OP, if you're not trolling take a selfie with the phone watch installer holding your new alarm system and stick a yellow post it note with your username and "told ye bastards" we'll all believe you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Is the phonewatch guy living in the attic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Better still get yre man in the attic to take the photo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

The locks weren't changed when I moved in, but they are chubb locks. I am going up to check in the attic in a few minutes, I have heard a lot of thumping and footsteps up there tonight, it's probably a bird or something.. I'm not worrying, last time I went up there was to get the tree down.
    Here's your slip up. You moved in on Thursday, and managed to put your Xmas tree in the attic, and then take it down again all before Saturday.

I'm calling bull on this one. Not that I believed it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

Change the locks ffs. Get sash jammers on your windows too. Lock each rooms door before you go to bed or leave the house. Some big hairy ****er could ass rape you all because you haven't changed the locks

I would advise against locking each room before going to bed. If you have a fire you won't get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What is this rubbish doing on the Home Security Forum anyway? Seems to me it should be in After Hours.

kub wrote: »
    What is this rubbish doing on the Home Security Forum anyway? Seems to me it should be in After Hours.

It should be on Reddit tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭TheIT

Right, phonewatch didnt install it, they just showed me a number off different systems and discussed a price. I asked them to have a look in the attic and they did, they said they heard things as well. He didnt look in every corner just parts of it and told me that i should call the guards. Here is the alarm that he recommended:

image.jpg

It isn't my one, its a file picture.

Im thinking of calling the guards, because i thought i heard a voice up there. Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Im thinking of calling the guards, because i thought i heard a voice up there. Any advice?

Counselling would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Any advice?

Yes. Call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Is it in the watertank?

Right, phonewatch didnt install it, they just showed me a number off different systems and discussed a price. I asked them to have a look in the attic and they did, they said they heard things as well. He didnt look in every corner just parts of it and told me that i should call the guards. Here is the alarm that he recommended:

image.jpg

It isn't my one, its a file picture.

So you called phonewatch to have an alarm installed and instead they sent you a salesman... Jesus you need therapy boss :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I've got bad news for you, that particular system won't work in the swords area you better get back onto them as you need a white box

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have a few questions:

1) Why would phone watch check an attic? Nothing to do with them

2) You said they didn't check all the corners. Unless you live in a dodecahedron, there's only 4 corners

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Right, phonewatch didnt install it, they just showed me a number off different systems
    That's funny.....
    What different systems did he show you they only have one. There wouldn't be much discussion on prices either. Your not buying anything it's just how much they can charge you for a very quick install.

Not sure if phonewatch have an ectoplasm option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

i thought i heard a voice up there.

Hearing voices, yeah that's probably the first thing you've said I'd believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I'd be getting straight into my local parish priest and arranging an exorcism TBH. Can't be too sure these days.

• Advertisement

Right, i heard movement up there and i am going up to check it out. I was pulling a fast one about phonewatch today, came back from the night out and didnt contact anyone. So, that was a lie. What do i do now? Should i check it out?

Should i check it out?

For goodness sake NO! What if anything happened to you? How would you be able to post back here!

KEEP CALM and keep posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Maybe you could just shut up about it. As you can see nobody cares for your bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Facebook Live it!

I've gone up. There is a shadowy figure in the corner. I cant see him that well. I'm going to investigate. Ill turn of my iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Right, i heard movement up there and i am going up to check it out. I was pulling a fast one about phonewatch today, came back from the night out and didnt contact anyone. So, that was a lie. What do i do now? Should i check it out?

You should stop posting. That would solve the whole situation.

I've gone up. There is a shadowy figure in the corner. I cant see him that well. I'm going to investigate. Ill turn of my iPad.

Great, offer him/it some candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The only reasons to feel sad here is that the sinister creature is probably going to just kill quick and not bother raping you first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

With a bit of luck some serial killer has notched up another number and the OP's ears are now some psychos mementos.

• Advertisement

Hello? You there OP?

Just a little worried as my popcorn is running low.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement