Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S6, S6 edge or other?

• 10-12-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

New phone time and i'm not too knowledgable on them tbh.

I had an S3, then an S4, now a Huawei G7 for the last 2 years.

I'd generally keep a phone 2 years ish. I always buy up front and go PAYG with Vodafone and this phone will be no exception :)

I like the look of the S6 edge, but dont really know what the edge actually brings to the table over the regular S6 and in that same tact, is it worth like €200 extra.

Things I really want in a phone are good battery life and general reliability. The battery in my G7 still lasts around 3 days with my day to day usage which is heavy enough imo and it's never gave an ounce of trouble. The batterys gave up in both my S3 and 4 but that was ok because you could buy replacements, but this isn't the case with the newer S's.

I also like a large screen. I mostly use my phone for the usual crap, boards, faceballs, youtube and very little actual calling or texting.

So, opinions on the S6 range, or anything else, upper budget €600 ish. Wouldn't be opposed to buying cheaper as the Huawei has opened my eyes in that regard. Not gone on online purchases like the one plus etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

You should consider the oneplus they're a great phone. I only have the 3T a few days and it leaves the S6 it replaced for dead. Brilliant battery life, no Samsung bloatware, brilliant screen size and being Sim free is great. It has dual Sim but I'm only using one Sim. I'm on the VF €30 30 day Sim only plan which suits my needs perfectly. Looking on various sites they're holding their value very well so you should have no bother selling it on in 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

If you want good battery life, don't go near the S6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

jca wrote: »
    You should consider the oneplus they're a great phone. I only have the 3T a few days and it leaves the S6 it replaced for dead. Brilliant battery life, no Samsung bloatware, brilliant screen size and being Sim free is great. It has dual Sim but I'm only using one Sim. I'm on the VF €30 30 day Sim only plan which suits my needs perfectly. Looking on various sites they're holding their value very well so you should have no bother selling it on in 2 years.

can you use the other sim card slot as a microSD card slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

No has to be a sim card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

dubrov wrote: »
    If you want good battery life, don't go near the S6

I didn't find it too bad, about a day and a half, no worse than any other smartphone I've owned prior to the oneplus, which is in a league if it's own in regards to battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

jca wrote:
    I didn't find it too bad, about a day and a half, no worse than any other smartphone I've owned prior to the oneplus, which is in a league if it's own in regards to battery life.

Best i get is 12 hours with moderate use. The poor battery is a well known problem.

Otherwise the phone is great

Advertisement