Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair extensions

Options
  • 10-12-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Toying with the idea of getting hair extensions.
    I'm not really into beauty and not looking for anything fussy
    Just something to give a bit more length and volume
    I have brightly dyed hair so would need to dye the extensions also
    I'd rather buy some and apply myself rather than going to a salon to get them applied

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions on some tjat won't break the bank??!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Unless you're talking about clip in hair extensions that you put in and take out on a daily basis (most would just wear for special ocasions), I don't think you can do hair extensions yourself. I've certainly never heard of anyone putting proper ones in by themselves. I friend of mine is a hairdresser and does extensions but she doesnt do her own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

It's just clip in ones I guess, but if they're not made of human hair then I guess they can't be dyed?

I just would rather to do it myself - I don't like the fuss of a hairdresser! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I wore clip ins for years before switching to bonded and they aren't easy work.

You need to find a density and thickness that suits your natural hair, then you need to find a good colour match. Then you need to get your own hair styled around them to ensure they blend well. It certainly isn't just the case of just throwing them in every morning, they take work.
    You need to manipulate your own hair around them to make sure the clips are concealed. You can't tie hair up with them and you need to be careful you don't catch your hair on anything - I was forever nearly pulling mine out by getting it caught in my handbag strap.

You can certainly get ones made of real hair, in fact they look better than synthetic and last longer. However, they are pricy. One of the main reasons I switched to bonded was because it was costing me €150 3 times a year for clip ins when bonded weren't much more and I didn't have to be bothered putting them in an taking them out.

they really aren't worth it unless you invest time and effort into them! I recommend Hairspray for good quality real human hair clip in extensions. Can only say good things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement

What bonded extensions are you using WhiteRoses?

Currently have the hairspray ones and very happy with them, it's fantastic quality hair and good application. They're very evenly evenly spread out and don't feel heavy. I'd really recommend them.

Are they clip in ones? I thought hairspray only done clip ins.

No mine are bonded, they took about two hours to apply. Their clip in ones are also good but I prefer bonded. There's pics of the bonded ones on their fb if you want to take a look X

I have easilocks in and thinking of trying something different in the new year, how do you find them maintenance wise?

I've had everything from gold fever to hotlox and I can't recommend hairspray enough. They take the least effort to style out of all the extensions I've had.
    In particular, with hotlox, I would have to use an array of anti frizz creams and blow dry them straight immediately after washing but I regularly leave my Hairspray ones dry natural with no issues.
    The quality of the hair is fantastic, very light and they're evenly applied so no heavy patches. The only thing I will say is that the hair is less dense than other brands.
    For example, I only ever got a half head in every other instance and it was more than enough, but in hairspray I needed a full head to get the same effect.
    They're the most affordable high quality brand I've used and I'll be going back for my next set.

• Advertisement

Advertisement