Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering Dublin Airport, immigration

Options
  • 11-12-2016 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi

We are a family of three. I'm Irish, our baby is Irish, my wife is Asian.

As we enter Dublin Airport immigration, can we all fall into the EU queue, or must we go into the non-EU queue on account of my wife?

The baby is very small and if possible we would want to clear immigration as quickly as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hi

We are a family of three. I'm Irish, our baby is Irish, my wife is Asian.

As we enter Dublin Airport immigration, can we all fall into the EU queue, or must we go into the non-EU queue on account of my wife?

The baby is very small and if possible we would want to clear immigration as quickly as possible.

You sound suspect already. Irish passport holders in Irish passport lines, non Irish passport holder in appropriate line. Assume you have done the visa paperwork for your wife otherwise it will be a long day/month/year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭zmgakt7uw2dvfs

There is no Irish line.
    She has a multiple entry visit visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Assuming the baby has an Irish Passport, he/she would need to go with you through the EU line. Your wife would need to go to the non EEA line.

My mom is Irish and her husband is American on a visa but we always have to separate going through customs (us at the EU line, him at the non EEA at the far right side)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or if you want to stay together , you all go thru the nonEU line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Yeah just go through the Non-EU Line.

I did it last time as there was a 2 hour wait for EU and 15 minutes for Non-EU so just went in the non-EU Queue. Was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 edo2010

Its a pretty pathetic situation for such a small airport to have such long queues. Came in myself yesterday from Zurich and spent 50 minutes clearing immigration. They had just 2 desks open for non-EU. The schedules of these planes coming in is not a secret... but I suppose its the typical "sure what harm!" attitude...

Advertisement