Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double storey extension

Options
  • 11-12-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, 
    I'm hoping to get a double storey extension on our home in the next year. It's a standard 3 bed semi-D in North Wicklow. I've looked online and on pinterest etc to get ideas of what the extension would look like upstairs. Does anybody have any pics or plans to give me a starting point?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

emsiek wrote: »
    Hi all, 
    I'm hoping to get a double storey extension on our home in the next year. It's a standard 3 bed semi-D in North Wicklow. I've looked online and on pinterest etc to get ideas of what the extension would look like upstairs. Does anybody have any pics or plans to give me a starting point?
    Thanks

What's the point in gettin plans from another house?
    You need someone to aid in the design of your house. It's going to be needed anyway for planning purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where thinking about doing a similar job, upstairs there's a toilet at the top of the stairs . Thinking about pushing out then back wall about 6-8 ft. Changing the bathroom into a bedroom and making the other bedroom bigger.
    Then we'll put a bathroom in the middle of the house where the Hotpress is and have they backing on to a new en suite for the bedroom that's being extended

Downstairs well keep the kitchen and dining room in the middle of the house, extension will house a kids room and new toilet.

We are toying with an attic conversion but have a hip roof which is a nuisance, we'd like to do a proper job so that it can be classed asa bedroom but that'll be pricey

Advertisement