Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Sims General Discussion / Chat Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

gizabeer wrote: »
    The Logitech would be a better wheel and worth paying a bit more for , they go down to about €190 with a shifter on black friday

Not far off! £190 with the shifter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yep thats really cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anybody ever used a rig like this? https://nextlevelracing.com/products/f-gt-lite/ I want something that can be packed away easily and quickly and it seems to get good reviews. I'll probably get a logitech G29 wheel and pedals to go with it. Just looking to dip my toe into sim racing so I'm not prepared to spend €1000+

This one also looks decent: https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-challenge.html

I use the Playseat Challenge, which I find great. takes about 1 min to set/pack up. I use it with a G29. Very comfortable too - spent about 2 hours in it last night.

I had considered the F-GT Lite, but I'm very restricted on space and the Playseat is slightly narrower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah I just edited my post there with the playseat, looks good for my needs. I'm not really stuck for space but I don't want something permanent or something that has to be taken apart to be packed away. I found a good comparison video here, no BS

Do you notice the front leg of the seat lifting slightly when you brake hard? Although I'm not too worried about that as I could easily DIY a fix for it.

The F-GT Lite actually looks too big for me as I'm only about 5'9" so I'm leaning more towards the playseat. I can get it and the G29 for €500 from Amazon, free postage.... tempting

Karl's videos were some of the ones I watched when trying to make up my mind. I like his channel.

I've never noticed the front lifting at all. But I'm 6'2" and at the max weight for the seat (lockdown has not been kind!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anybody ever used a rig like this? https://nextlevelracing.com/products/f-gt-lite/ I want something that can be packed away easily and quickly and it seems to get good reviews. I'll probably get a logitech G29 wheel and pedals to go with it. Just looking to dip my toe into sim racing so I'm not prepared to spend €1000+

This one also looks decent: https://www.playseatstore.com/playseat-challenge.html

I have a Playseat myself, I needed something I could stash away to keep sticky yogurt hands off my stuff when I'm at work!
    They're a great bit of kit for the money.

Saw this on Reddit and had to post here!

I was about to ask if anyone is still active on this forum but then i spotted threads im not subscribed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

The forum update has killed a lot of threads i was subscribed to.

I have my wheel still but haven't used it in over a year, the wheel stand is heavy and awkward to put into place :D

Still though I bet Forza Horizon 5 would be fun with it

• Advertisement

Was in Zandvort in November and did the SIM racing(€1500 Fanatec wheel).. really enjoyed it so have been looking into getting set up since then.

Everywhere is sold out of everything. Sure the G920 is available but it's generally the same price as the G923 which is what I was holding out for at a minimum(or the TMX pro).

I've been looking pretty extensively for two months, Smyth's said they'd have the 923 in January and that updated to June. Currys sent me an email to my alert saying they wouldn't be getting it again..shortages are crazy.

I put an alert on some site that was on the first page of the Google search earlier this week and got a ping for a 923 on Amazon.

So that's bought, £300 which ended up being €370.

Just need to get a rig now, not sure whether to get something like the Next Level/Playseat portable or hold out a bit longer for the metal frame rigs, like an Omega. I don't really want to get a stand, even an upgradeable one as I'd need some sort of seat so would rather just get sorted in full when I buy.

But finally on the road to getting started now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@gilberto_eire Ive been onto GT Omega a few times about a GT Omega Apex stand and they said they will be getting them back in stock but no idea when, they also confirmed regardless of where i was to order from ie their UK,USA or EU store they are all shipped from UK so we probably looking at some import duty.

I didn't get the wheel anyway. I think there was one in stock hence the alert I got. But mid purchasing I got to the barber and finished it after. It still processed the order but the delivery date has been pending since. I reckon someone grabbed it and it takes a certain amount of orders before changing to "unavailable".

Complete pain as there's plenty of PS versions.

Same for Thrustmaster, they have some PS stock but Xbox is cleared out.

Getting a bit fed up of this, been looking across the board for two months and no Xbox stock has updated anywhere but some PS stuff can be got.

I won't order a stand/rig until the wheel has shipped. 🤕

Ok i might be able to help you here.

My brother bought a new Thrustmaster T248 for xmas but used it 2-3 times and is just not into it all.

He mentioned possibly selling when i spoke to him the other day, do you want me to call him and see if he wants to sell?

If it's the Xbox one sure, it's only available for pre order(for March) for some strange reason when it's in stock for PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I've been looking at getting a steering wheel for the xbox too. At the moment it looks like it will be the T248 when it is released, don't fancy paying same money for the older G29.

T248 is around 350 euro. Is a fanatec DD worth the extra cost? I like the idea that the fanatec base can be used with pc, ps5, and xbox, it's the wheels that are specific to each system (I think this is the case?). Would make it a bit future proof if I did decide to go the PC route at some stage or even if I wanted to go PS5 for GT7. I could use same base and have an xbox and a ps wheel. Is it worth it tho? At the moment I only really play racing games, some more sim, some more between sim and arcade. Will I regret not buying the fanatec over the T248?

Not to worry, thanks anyway. I may just pre order that model as everything else is just "out of stock" without any updates or chance to pre order.

The G920 is available alright but it's barely any less than the G923 so I said I'd hold out for at least that.

It's fairly annoying that there's nothing really available in the mid range given there's US stock and PS stock of most things.

Even the T248, saying it's pre order... Sure it's not even a new release. It's all very disappointing that you can have the money and looking across multiples companies for weeks you can't even buy

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

I saw that you were interested in TMX Pro. You could get TMX from official Thrustmaster shop and i could give you T3PA pedals to make it a pro version. Let me know if that works for you.

Created an F122 thread here, which will have native VR support and launches July 1st:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've a 3 month iRacing code for new accounts I got with some Fanatec gear I bought recently. I play on Xbox and PS5 so have no use for it, PM me if you want it.

Any fans of TOCA Touring cars on PS1/PC?

Im going to do a live stream in the coming days of the 90s TOCA Touring car championship mod for Assetto Corsa in VR with the original soundtrack for the game playing in the background. Please give the Facebook page "Cork Retro Gaming" a follow if you're interested in watching it.

Here is gameplay from the mod:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rita_H

Advertisement