Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Booting Error

Options
  • 11-12-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello Boards,
    I have encountered a new problem today with my newly built PC. I was using an old dell monitor but the RX 480 didn't have a VGA area. I today tried to hook it up via HDMI to a TV. I am faced with something saying, "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."
    I have absolutely no idea what this means and when I looked it up it told me to reseat my gpu. I have tried this a couple of times but still no luck. I'm hoping that people with more knowledge of PC building can help me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Going on your previous thread you havent installed windows yet...

PS:
    HELP! BOOTING PROBLEM
    Is equivalent to shouting at people. Dunno what your experience is but I find I dont get too much help from people shout at. Just an FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

ED E wrote: »
    Going on your previous thread you havent installed windows yet...

PS:

Is equivalent to shouting at people. Dunno what your experience is but I find I dont get too much help from people shout at. Just an FYI.

Sorry ahah newish to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It means there is either no OS installed or the hard drive isn't being detected if there was an OS already installed - faulty, connection is loose, etc.

I only have my SSD connected up to it as the HDD hasn't arrived I was hoping to install windows onto the SSD and boot things off that as i heard it's faster. Do I need to have the HDD before I can boot the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

Have you tried to install windows yet. Do you have it on a USB/DVD. If the sata and power cable is properly inserted then it will install the OS.

• Advertisement

tadcan wrote: »
    Have you tried to install windows yet. Do you have it on a USB/DVD. If the sata and power cable is properly inserted then it will install the OS.

Its on 51% now, I'll tell you if it works ASAP. Cheers!

Advertisement